Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 23:31   #1
Resident Waffler

Has anybody seen "I, Robot" ?

Went to see "I, Robot" tonight but the sound was faulty and we didn't quite get the gist of the ending. Can anybody who has seen it just explain what happened with the robots and Sonny at the end?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2004, 23:34   #2
Len
God Member

Re: Has anybody seen "I, Robot" ?

Life's a sod. lol
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23   #3
Member.

I went to see it at Blackpool this evening willow, not a bad film. It depends how much you missed. Is it not worth going to see it again? before we tell you.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:23   #4
Caz
God Member

Well don't put it on open forum please or you'll spoil it everyone else, lol.

You could try the book.....probably better.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:53   #5

Did you see it at Accy - the sound was cack the last time I went, LOtR. When the tree entities were speaking it was so bassy and loud that it just distorted.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13   #6
God Member

I saw it last night also. Whether the sound track was good or bad, I dunno; as usual, I was surrounded by a bunch of popcorn munching, coke slurping, giggling brats who ruined any possible understanding or enjoyment of the film. All I could see was a bunch of apple mac laptops running round on legs with more product placement for some second-rate german motor car. What the start, middle or end was all about, I'have'nt a clue.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:53   #7
Resident Waffler

Well we got freebie tickets and I think I'd rather use them to see a completely different film because it really was just the very end of this one that we lost. From the bit where they were trying to get the nanowhadjamacallums into the main brain.

There are always popcorn munching, paper crunching, coke slurping, even burping (poetic licence) distractions at the cinema.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:38   #8

Try going to the directors suite at Burnley cinema. Bigger, comfier seats and a bar I think, bit more expensive but that also means that little distractions cant afford it!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Try going to the directors suite at Burnley cinema. Bigger, comfier seats and a bar I think, bit more expensive but that also means that little distractions cant afford it!
Talking about being expensive; I spent £30 quid last night for three of us. £15 on the tickets and the other £15 on 1 large tub of popcorn, 2 tubs of sweets, two medium Coke and a bottle of water.

What does it cost in Accy?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:49   #10
Resident Waffler

We usually end up spending more on the consumables than the tickets too.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:51   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Did you see it at Accy - the sound was cack the last time I went, LOtR. When the tree entities were speaking it was so bassy and loud that it just distorted.
Blackburn is even worse. Last time we went there it was so loud you couldn't hear what they were saying, if you know what I mean.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:49   #12
God Member

That's the problem with the piccys, is'nt it? They make their money on 'consumables' - junk food such as popcorn & concentrated coke, whose ingrediants cost a few pence to buy per portion while sold at £1.50 or two quid or more. Personally, I take a cheese butty and eat that while the adverts are on before the feature. I sometimes wonder if it would not be better for the piccy houses to ban this rubbish, intoduce a "no-trainers" rule, keep out everyone under 30 and reintoduce smoking so that everone can watch a decent film in peace.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 10:00   #13
Junior Member+

the i robot is a good film i went to see it on tueday nite it is worth watching agian
diane is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..