Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Tory "dirty tricks brigade" and the media (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-tory-dirty-tricks-brigade-and-the-media-52378.html)

garinda 23-03-2010 10:18

Re: The Tory "dirty tricks brigade" and the media

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 799559)
You lot can think yourself lucky that you only watched this on TV; I have to live with it. This is serious stuff, unlike the laugh-a-minute as Jones and Britcliffe handbag each other.

Give us a shout, if you need a hand. After losing your's.

jaysay 23-03-2010 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 799533)
Looks like not everyone watches Channel 4.

TORY POLL LEAD OVER LABOUR FALLS TO 7%

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Tory poll lead over Labour falls to 7%

The poll was probably taken last week before anything was heard about the fantastic money grading four:rolleyes:

garinda 23-03-2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 799609)
The poll was probably taken last week before anything was heard about the fantastic money grading four:rolleyes:

A week's a long time in politics.

There's so many scandals coming to light, on all sides, perhaps the opinion polls should be taken hourly.

;)

Ring, ring.

Hello Mr Jaysay, I'm calling on behalf of YouGov, could I enquire which candidate you are planning to vote for in the forthcoming General Election?

Thank you for your help, and time. That's most helpful.

Goodbye.

Stumped 23-03-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 799609)

Then they wonder why no-body wants to vote for them!

robot1002 23-03-2010 19:38

All I can say is. I would rather not have another Margaret Thatcher in power, and Cameron is from the same kind of mold,or should that be mould. She did so much damage to this Country that I said when she went:: It will take 20 years of a Labour government to repair the damage she has done. The 20 years is not up yet...Listening to everybody and their dog mouthing off about who should do what, and the crime, thieving, cheating, ETC of polaticians, bankers, and whoever can get their hands on unearned money, Holidays, free this and that. The nation is a crooked place to live....but this example is set by the very people that we should trust....Get rid of the rubbish, and give the job to (1) Vince Cable (2) Robert Peston (BBC ) And give them a free reigne to pick who they want to help them in the quest for a passage out of the stormy weather we are in now.....Com'on Captain Vince, snap out the orders lad, make the country jump to order.......

MargaretR 23-03-2010 19:46

......and Nigel Farage for president :)

Stumped 23-03-2010 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 799696)
......and Nigel Farage for president :)

Why not! The Farce that is the so called Palace of Westminster should be reconstituted as The Palace of Varieties with the current bunch of third rate music hall artists relegated to sweeping the floors.

jaysay 24-03-2010 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 799643)
A week's a long time in politics.

There's so many scandals coming to light, on all sides, perhaps the opinion polls should be taken hourly.

;)

Ring, ring.

Hello Mr Jaysay, I'm calling on behalf of YouGov, could I enquire which candidate you are planning to vote for in the forthcoming General Election?

Thank you for your help, and time. That's most helpful.

Goodbye.

To be quite honest I have never ever had a call pollsters ever, and I'm a captive audience:rolleyes:

jaysay 24-03-2010 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot1002 (Post 799694)
All I can say is. I would rather not have another Margaret Thatcher in power, and Cameron is from the same kind of mold,or should that be mould. She did so much damage to this Country that I said when she went:: It will take 20 years of a Labour government to repair the damage she has done. The 20 years is not up yet...Listening to everybody and their dog mouthing off about who should do what, and the crime, thieving, cheating, ETC of polaticians, bankers, and whoever can get their hands on unearned money, Holidays, free this and that. The nation is a crooked place to live....but this example is set by the very people that we should trust....Get rid of the rubbish, and give the job to (1) Vince Cable (2) Robert Peston (BBC ) And give them a free reigne to pick who they want to help them in the quest for a passage out of the stormy weather we are in now.....Com'on Captain Vince, snap out the orders lad, make the country jump to order.......

For Vince Cable and Robert Preston read Laural and Hardy, just wondering who would get who into a fine mess
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

garinda 24-03-2010 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 799776)
To be quite honest I have never ever had a call pollsters ever, and I'm a captive audience:rolleyes:

Perhaps your down on a list somewhere, as not being a 'swinger'.

:D

jaysay 24-03-2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 799805)
Perhaps your down on a list somewhere, as not being a 'swinger'.

:D

Never quite thought of it like that, but I am now a free spirit and am able to be persuaded:D

Wynonie Harris 24-03-2010 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 799872)
Never quite thought of it like that, but I am now a free spirit and am able to be persuaded:D

So, it's OK for Graham to call round, then?

cashman 24-03-2010 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 799890)

Well he let me call round today.:D

jaysay 25-03-2010 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 799918)
Well he let me call round today.:D

Ya but I like you:D

jaysay 25-03-2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 799890)

He's been Wyn, I was sat on my bed watch the Telly sound up, hears the letterbox, goes to the door, its from Graham SORRY YOU WERE OUT card behind the door, I was bloody well in
:gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::g if_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::gif_12::D