Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Party Funding.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/party-funding-52537.html)

andrewb 31-03-2010 11:06

Party Funding..

Has neither local party received any big donations in the last few years?

Labour received £16,000 from 2001-2007 mainly from trade unions.
Conservatives received £2,000 in 2005 in one individual donation.

You can view them here. Just type Hyndburn into the 'received by'. http://registers.electoralcommission...calparties.cfm

Have there been no large donations (above £1,500) from trade unions/companies/individuals since 2007 then?

garinda 31-03-2010 11:12

Re: Party Funding..

Some are waiting patiently for their first donated penny, to get the thermometer's mercury rising above zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

I urge again, please dig deep.

Gayle 31-03-2010 13:24

Have you noticed that David Cameron is asking for campaign money as well. He's managed to raise £1,345 out of a £10,000 target.

David Cameron for Prime Minister | MyConservatives.com

cashman 31-03-2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 802060)
Have you noticed that David Cameron is asking for campaign money as well. He's managed to raise £1,345 out of a £10,000 target.

David Cameron for Prime Minister | MyConservatives.com

unlike mrs buckley, camerons been around a while now,wonder if its cos people have got to know him?:D

jaysay 31-03-2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802034)
Some are waiting patiently for their first donated penny, to get the thermometer's mercury rising above zero.

Sod off you first:D

garinda 31-03-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802078)
Sod off you first:D

Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just being incredibly helpful, publicising her fundraising drive.

claytonender 31-03-2010 17:56

Andrew there have been no large donations to Hyndburn CLP of over £500 from any trade union/company/individual (which is the threshold above which donations have to be reported) since the £500 received from Amicus on 6 September 2006.

There has however been money received from the Hyndburn Labour Group of councillors.

Each month the Hyndburn Labour Councillors contribute (from their own money) to the Hyndburn Labour Group and this money is then used to pay for the election expenses of the Labour Party candidates in the HBC local elections.

The bills for the election expenses are paid by the Hyndburn CLP and the Hyndburn Labour Group then reimburses the money to Hyndburn CLP. This reimbursement has to be recorded (as per the rules of the Electoral Commission) as a donation to Hyndburn CLP.

It really is a nonsense that the Labour Party is being bankrolled by Unite - whilst many councillors, MP's and Labour Party PPC's are Unite members that does not mean that Unite are paying any money towards their election campaign.

I hope that this answers your question and I would hope that you would be able to supply us with information about how the Hyndburn Conservative Association receives its funding.

g jones 31-03-2010 21:27

I pay UNITE for the record.

accyman 01-04-2010 00:15

if anyone would like to donate £16,000 i would gladly throw a kick ass party :)

Ken Moss 01-04-2010 06:27

Quote:

You've got to admire her pluck. She's only been in the borough five minutes and she's on the cadge, cap in hand.

accyman 01-04-2010 06:51

Quote:

god damn it the only time a tory stands in teh middle of a roundabout and i aint there in my car :rolleyes:

to offer a lift home of course ;)

garinda 01-04-2010 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 802225)
god damn it the only time a tory stands in teh middle of a roundabout and i aint there in my car :rolleyes:

to offer a lift home of course ;)

I think for that to have been seen as funny, you should have quoted Ken's post.

;):D

accyman 01-04-2010 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802227)
I think for that to have been seen as funny, you should have quoted Ken's post.

;):D

nah its your post where the link shows her on teh roundabout but its just dawned on me its not the first tory iv seen stood in the middle of a roundabout .

and i bloody missed then too :(

garinda 01-04-2010 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 802235)
nah its your post where the link shows her on teh roundabout but its just dawned on me its not the first tory iv seen stood in the middle of a roundabout .

and i bloody missed then too :(

You could have had a freezer full of meat for months.

http://canal-h.net/webs/rguerrero001...l%20Lecter.jpg

:D

jaysay 01-04-2010 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802085)
Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just being incredibly helpful, publicising her fundraising drive.

No use telling me, as its fallen on deaf ears, my donation is going to Ossy Conservative Ass for the local election