Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   This Co-ilition seems to be working. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/this-co-ilition-seems-to-be-working-53271.html)

cashman 18-05-2010 14:55

This Co-ilition seems to be working.

Terror Suspects Win Appeal To Stay In Britain | UK & World News | Orange UK, yep seems to be really making a differance n sorting things out.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 18-05-2010 15:00

Re: This Co-ilition seems to be working.

That might have something to do with the fact that the legislation is that passed by the last government......the new Parliament has only re-convened today....so they haven't had chance to rescind any of the legisaltion passed by the previous incumbents.......but to be honest I wouldn't hold yor breath.

jaysay 18-05-2010 15:01

Another kick in the teeth

BBC News - 'Al-Qaeda ringleader' wins appeal against deportation
Another kick in the teeth for British Justis, even though one of these men is an Al-qaeda operative he can't be deported because he would be torchered back in Pakistan, no doubt he will join the endless number of people who hate our guts but are quite prepared to let out taxes keep them, as in the case of captain hook and his brood. :mad:

Margaret Pilkington 18-05-2010 15:05

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Never mind John....at least we know they will be 'stigmatised for life'....wonder how much that'll cost us then......some Human rights lawyer is bound to jump on the gravy train to get them some cash.....courtesy of us shmucks.

jaysay 18-05-2010 15:06

Maybe Neil or mick will merge this with a thread I've just opened, although its a different angle

jaysay 18-05-2010 15:22

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 815750)
Never mind John....at least we know they will be 'stigmatised for life'....wonder how much that'll cost us then......some Human rights lawyer is bound to jump on the gravy train to get them some cash.....courtesy of us shmucks.

I believe Mrs Blair is available Margaret:rolleyes:

Stanleymad 18-05-2010 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 815751)
Maybe Neil or mick will merge this with a thread I've just opened, although its a different angle

Have merged them for you, as same topic but different take on it LOL:D

jaysay 18-05-2010 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 815758)
Have merged them for you, as same topic but different take on it LOL:D

Thank you

Bernard Dawson 18-05-2010 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 815746)
Terror Suspects Win Appeal To Stay In Britain | UK & World News | Orange UK, yep seems to be really making a differance n sorting things out.:rolleyes:

Con-Dem-ned is the new official title Cashy, for the Coalition

garinda 18-05-2010 15:37

"As the court agreed, they are a security risk to the UK. We are now taking all possible measures to ensure they do not engage in terrorist activity."

They aren't British nationals, but here on student visas, pose a risk to the security of the country, yet have won the right to stay here?

Give us strength.

There are lots of people in the world who could face torture in their own countries, are they all to be given residency in the U.K?

If they'd chosen to live an honest life, and not involve themselves with terrorist groups, their lives wouldn't be threatened, yet our's are, now they are free to stay here indefinitely.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots what threats they face in their homeland.

Wynonie Harris 18-05-2010 15:40

The most telling comment is from our new Home Secretary, Theresa May: "Protecting the public is the Government's top priority.

"We are disappointed that the court has ruled that Abid Naseer and Ahmad Faraz Khan should not be deported to Pakistan, which we were seeking on national security grounds.

"As the court agreed, they are a security risk to the UK. We are now taking all possible measures to ensure they do not engage in terrorist activity."

So, in other words, the government are just going to meekly accept this decision and spend large amounts of our money monitoring them, while making cuts elsewhere.

What she should have said is: "We're going to take urgent steps to repeal this legislation and start sending people like this back to their country of origin. The interests and well being of the ordinary people of this country, whatever their race, culture or religion are far more important to us than any possible risk to these inidividuals in their home countries."

But, of course, that's too much to hope for, isn't it? :rolleyes:

garinda 18-05-2010 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 815764)

It's good, but I'm sticking with Dem Cons.

:D

Bernard Dawson 18-05-2010 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 815770)
It's good, but I'm sticking with Dem Cons.

I like Dem Cons as well. And you probably made that one up yourself. I got mine of Facebook.

garinda 18-05-2010 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 815775)
I like Dem Cons as well. And you probably made that one up yourself. I got mine of Facebook.

I think Steven Foster may have written a song about them.

Dem cons,
Dem cons,
Dem durty cons.

Dem cons,
Dem cons,
Dem durty cons.

Dem conned us all down da Swaneeeeeeee river.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/106500...nstrels300.jpg

Wynonie Harris 18-05-2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 815764)

It's no good exclusively "con-dem-ing" them for all this, Bernard. As Margaret quite rightly says, your government introduced this piece of legislation in the first place!