Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Complaints about the Council. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/complaints-about-the-council-54013.html)

kestrelx 15-07-2010 14:25

Complaints about the Council.

Just wondering if anybody has made complaints against the Council? Or thought about it and felt it a waste of time?

As I came across this article about Hynburn Council and complaints...

The Green Forum • View topic - lgowatcher: people stopped complaining to LGO!

Anyone feel complaining is a waste of time? OR are you happy with things?

Kestrel X

accyman 15-07-2010 14:37

Re: Complaints about the Council.

hell they cant even get back to you on matters council related so how the hell can anyone expect a reply when you dare to complain

garinda 16-07-2010 05:25

'Mrs A Seex, Local Government Ombudsman'

I bet she complained when she got married, about having to change her name.

jaysay 16-07-2010 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 829259)
'Mrs A Seex, Local Government Ombudsman'

I bet she complained when she got married, about having to change her name.

Evidently Mrs Seex on legs G:D

cashman 16-07-2010 09:43

it may be a waste of time, like that forum seems to be going off 1 response to the thread.:D

kestrelx 22-07-2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 829293)
it may be a waste of time, like that forum seems to be going off 1 response to the thread.:D

Ha ha! There was a program on ITV that said majority of people in UK are reluctant to complain - and don't the Powers that be Know it! So take advantage of the request by deputy PM Nick Clegg for peoples suggestions on laws to change...

HMG - Your Freedom

Ken Moss 27-07-2010 06:26

Hyndburn Council used to be appalling at replying to letters and e-mails alike and telephone calls were bounced around until you just gave up.

Nowadays, it's far more efficient and if for some reason you don't have any joy you can always hassle your councillors about it and request a written reply.

I've said it before, make your councillors earn their crust.

Alan Varrechia 27-07-2010 12:54

I think it is great that the council allows people to let there dogs foul the streets whenever they want, and then send round sweepers 3/4 times a week to clean it up. When everywhere else in the country it seems to be an offence.
I also applaud the way the council and local police let all these young children ride around on those little motorbikes without having to worry about insurance or crash helmets or anything else, what a wonderful area.

cashman 27-07-2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 831757)
what a wonderful area.

If ya think its that bad, ya can always sod off back to wonderful Manchester.:rolleyes:

Alan Varrechia 27-07-2010 19:59

It's not quite that bad YET. I could always get a dog join the club and let it **** anywhere.

lancsdave 27-07-2010 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 831757)
I think it is great that the council allows people to let there dogs foul the streets whenever they want, and then send round sweepers 3/4 times a week to clean it up. When everywhere else in the country it seems to be an offence.
I also applaud the way the council and local police let all these young children ride around on those little motorbikes without having to worry about insurance or crash helmets or anything else, what a wonderful area.

I think you're right, the rest of the country is perfect. Makes you wonder why people move to Accrington :D

Alan Varrechia 27-07-2010 21:01

Nothing wrong with Accrington at all, just some of the thoughtless mindless ignorant people that seem to populate it. When i first moved up here i thought there were lots of sad people walking around with their heads down, then i realised you have to do that to avoid all the dog mess. and thats not Accrington thats careless thoughtless dog owners who don't give two hoots for the law or anybody else. Maybe i should try and catch one follow them home and take a dump outside their frontdoor.
And i know its not an arguement i'll win because there are far to many dog owners. And in 5 years i've never seen one pick it up , though i,ve seen plenty of people stood waiting for their dog to finish.

Alan Varrechia 27-07-2010 21:02

Oh and it seems to me the only people moving here at the moment are tinkers.

Benipete 27-07-2010 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 831921)

Welcome to Accy Web,

I can see your problem being an out of work Pizza delivery man but give us a break:hehetable

It's a not so bad.Hey.

cashman 27-07-2010 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 831921)

And Mancunians.:D