Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Defence cuts (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/defence-cuts-54881.html)

Mancie 15-09-2010 01:49

Defence cuts

How many more warnings does this Government need?.. they have been told time and time again that the massive cuts they are imposing will leave this nation unable to defend ourselves.. and this is from the Mail :eek:

Defence cuts 'could leave us unable to fight a war', says MPs | Mail Online

Barrie Yates 15-09-2010 07:36

Re: Defence cuts

If that means that we can't fight another war over non-existant WMD or another Afghanistan (May be termed NATO led, but we all know it is US led), then all to the good.
The primary role of our forces should be the defence of the UK & NI, secondary role should be the defence of Commonwealth Countries providing that they are governed in a sensible, practical, effective manner, and do not spend major portions of their national budgets on weapons and nuclear capability.

cashman 15-09-2010 07:40

seems ridiculous to cut defence, yet ring fence foreign aid?:confused: i mean really India need foreign aid, whilst there in the "Space Race" n developing "Nuclear Weapons" cos that must make em really hard up.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 15-09-2010 07:47

Well, it's come to summat when Mancie's citing articles from the Mail...but I agree, it's ridiculous.

What's more important?...defending our country or adding to the fortunes of African dictators?

Fantomas 21-09-2010 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 845025)
Well, it's come to summat when Mancie's citing articles from the Mail...but I agree, it's ridiculous.

What's more important?...defending our country or adding to the fortunes of African dictators?

It's not going to add to the fortunes of dictators, sending aid to those who need it. Buying diamonds from these dictators on the other hand, does, and allows them to buy weapons and hire private armies. To inflict genocide on each other.

Barrie Yates 21-09-2010 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 845025)

Defend our country, certainly. Foreign Aid - a definite No.
I cannot understand the argument as to why we need Trident in this day and age. If we want to nuke someone why not let the RAF do it rather than the ludicrously expensive Trident System.:confused::confused::confused:

Less 21-09-2010 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantomas (Post 846573)
It's not going to add to the fortunes of dictators, sending aid to those who need it. Buying diamonds from these dictators on the other hand, does, and allows them to buy weapons and hire private armies. To inflict genocide on each other.

Some of it never gets to the people it is intended for, yes, buying such fripperies as Diamonds, (something I do every day, it's that QVC channel I can't resist it), can line the pockets of some Dictators, (other dictators have to rely on oil or food that could have lifted their people away from starvation).

But wouldn't it be nice if some Countries did what India has suggested?
India tells UK to turn off the aid tap already

wadey 21-09-2010 08:25

1 Attachment(s)
It's about time we started loking after our own instead of all these other ungrateful tosspots, best comment on the cuts come from Matt in The Daily Telegraph

cashman 21-09-2010 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 846600)

But wouldn't it be nice if some Countries did what India has suggested?
India tells UK to turn off the aid tap already

Funny that, i made that observation a week ago, yet the fools in charge do nowt, its India telling us, pathetic.:(:rolleyes: