Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Congratulations Graham (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/congratulations-graham-55234.html)

jaysay 12-10-2010 17:37

Congratulations Graham

I have it on good authority that our MP Graham Jones as been made a Junior Whip in the House of Commons, Congratulations Graham

Tealeaf 12-10-2010 17:40

Re: Congratulations Graham

...in other words, Accy Hard Man Kicking Arse....

katex 18-10-2010 16:13

Well done, Graham. One statement he made, however, had me puzzled a little and maybe something he shouldn't have said, was:

"I had no intention of serving in this position. I wanted to focus on my constituency work"

Is it just me ? Would have thought his main focus would have been on his constituency work anyway... particularly as he is newly elected and at least until he knows his way around.

gynn 18-10-2010 17:37

.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament? The last bloke spent his whole time on the back benches and never seemed to carry any weight.

jaysay 18-10-2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 853065)
.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament? The last bloke spent his whole time on the back benches and never seemed to carry any weight.

Greg was in the Whips office for quite a few years when he first went into Parliament

JCB 18-10-2010 17:53

Quote:

Greg Pope was also a Whip for part of his time in Parliament .

JCB 18-10-2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 853067)
Greg was in the Whips office for quite a few years when he first went into Parliament

All this whipping is going to give Hyndburn a bad name . ;)

katex 18-10-2010 21:24

Quote:

.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament?

Decent point, Gynn .. just read as ambition over care for our borough.

Ken Moss 19-10-2010 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 853130)
Decent point, Gynn .. just read as ambition over care for our borough.

I've heard it said that Graham is arrogant, something which shocked me because nothing could be further from the truth. He is a passionate man about Hyndburn and knows what he is talking about.

To get this position in such a short time proves that he is an excellent MP and, more importantly, has the brains to be a good voice for us all in Westminster.

Definitely a good thing, well done mate.

Mick 19-10-2010 06:28

I will second that Ken:):cool:

garinda 19-10-2010 06:52

Doing yourself, and us, proud.

:)

harwood red 20-10-2010 00:53

congrats again graham and was glad to be able to congratulate you on friday... and so glad you liked the new bag we thought would suit your new position in parliament :rolleyes:;)

oh and it's sparkie that has it :D

Mancie 20-10-2010 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 853161)
I've heard it said that Graham is arrogant, something which shocked me because nothing could be further from the truth. He is a passionate man about Hyndburn and knows what he is talking about.

I don't live in the area, but I've only ever heard of him slagged off by Jaysay and Andrew on this web..where you've heard it anywhere else is so so.. I don't know Graham personally but hearing from people in Accrington that do know him he seems to be a decent bloke.

Bernard Dawson 20-10-2010 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 853356)
I don't live in the area, but I've only ever heard of him slagged off by Jaysay and Andrew on this web..where you've heard it anywhere else is so so.. I don't know Graham personally but hearing from people in Accrington that do know him he seems to be a decent bloke.

He's not arrogant.Graham's hard working, and determined to get the best for this area. If I could only cure him of going down to watch Rovers, and instead go and watch the Mighty Reds (Stanley) , he would be even better.

Wynonie Harris 20-10-2010 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 853383)
He's not arrogant.Graham's hard working, and determined to get the best for this area. If I could only cure him of going down to watch Rovers, and instead go and watch the Mighty Reds (Stanley) , he would be even better.

He does watch the Stanley, doesn't he, Bernard? I've certainly shared the occasional pre-match chinwag in the Oaklea and walked down to the ground with him.