Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 17:37   #1
Resting in Peace

Congratulations Graham

I have it on good authority that our MP Graham Jones as been made a Junior Whip in the House of Commons, Congratulations Graham
Old 12-10-2010, 17:40   #2
God Member

Re: Congratulations Graham

...in other words, Accy Hard Man Kicking Arse....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 16:13   #3
Resting in Peace

Well done, Graham. One statement he made, however, had me puzzled a little and maybe something he shouldn't have said, was:

"I had no intention of serving in this position. I wanted to focus on my constituency work"

Is it just me ? Would have thought his main focus would have been on his constituency work anyway... particularly as he is newly elected and at least until he knows his way around.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 17:37   #4
Senior Member+

.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament? The last bloke spent his whole time on the back benches and never seemed to carry any weight.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 17:52   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament? The last bloke spent his whole time on the back benches and never seemed to carry any weight.
Greg was in the Whips office for quite a few years when he first went into Parliament
Old 18-10-2010, 17:53   #6
JCB

Quote:
Greg Pope was also a Whip for part of his time in Parliament .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 20:17   #7
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Greg was in the Whips office for quite a few years when he first went into Parliament
All this whipping is going to give Hyndburn a bad name .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:24   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
.....or does it mean he carries more weight for his constituency work when he has a strong position in Parliament?
Decent point, Gynn .. just read as ambition over care for our borough.

Last edited by Neil; 20-10-2010 at 12:26.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 06:16   #9
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Decent point, Gynn .. just read as ambition over care for our borough.
I've heard it said that Graham is arrogant, something which shocked me because nothing could be further from the truth. He is a passionate man about Hyndburn and knows what he is talking about.

To get this position in such a short time proves that he is an excellent MP and, more importantly, has the brains to be a good voice for us all in Westminster.

Definitely a good thing, well done mate.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 06:28   #10
Resting in Peace

I will second that Ken
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 06:52   #11
Give, give, give member

Doing yourself, and us, proud.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 00:53   #12
God Member

congrats again graham and was glad to be able to congratulate you on friday... and so glad you liked the new bag we thought would suit your new position in parliament

oh and it's sparkie that has it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 01:15   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I've heard it said that Graham is arrogant, something which shocked me because nothing could be further from the truth. He is a passionate man about Hyndburn and knows what he is talking about.
I don't live in the area, but I've only ever heard of him slagged off by Jaysay and Andrew on this web..where you've heard it anywhere else is so so.. I don't know Graham personally but hearing from people in Accrington that do know him he seems to be a decent bloke.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 08:19   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't live in the area, but I've only ever heard of him slagged off by Jaysay and Andrew on this web..where you've heard it anywhere else is so so.. I don't know Graham personally but hearing from people in Accrington that do know him he seems to be a decent bloke.

He's not arrogant.Graham's hard working, and determined to get the best for this area. If I could only cure him of going down to watch Rovers, and instead go and watch the Mighty Reds (Stanley) , he would be even better.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 09:01   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
He's not arrogant.Graham's hard working, and determined to get the best for this area. If I could only cure him of going down to watch Rovers, and instead go and watch the Mighty Reds (Stanley) , he would be even better.
He does watch the Stanley, doesn't he, Bernard? I've certainly shared the occasional pre-match chinwag in the Oaklea and walked down to the ground with him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..