Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Legalise "Illegal" Drugs? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/legalise-illegal-drugs-55943.html)

Boeing Guy 04-03-2013 08:21

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

A few pages ago there was some discussion, if you can call it that, regarding Sugar and the harm it does....
Interestingly the BBC have this,

BBC One - Bang Goes the Theory, Series 7, Episode 1

Just to add to the debate, this story of a Drug Addict appeared in this weeks Accrington Observer,
Drug addict warns robbery victims: I have got AIDS, now give me your money - Accrington Observer

jaysay 04-03-2013 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1044883)
A few pages ago there was some discussion, if you can call it that, regarding Sugar and the harm it does....
Interestingly the BBC have this,

BBC One - Bang Goes the Theory, Series 7, Episode 1

Just to add to the debate, this story of a Drug Addict appeared in this weeks Accrington Observer,
Drug addict warns robbery victims: I have got AIDS, now give me your money - Accrington Observer

Ya recreational drug abusers are a pain in the backside when they turn into brain addled morons :rolleyes:

MargaretR 04-03-2013 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1044887)
Ya recreational drug abusers are a pain in the backside when they turn into brain addled morons :rolleyes:

Agree - there are enough brain addled morons who aren't addicts ;)

jaysay 04-03-2013 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1044891)

ya its usually a conspiracy that gives them away:rolleyes:

kestrelx 16-03-2013 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1044891)

Jo Wood, wife of rockstar Ronnie Wood claims she gave drugs to her children and none of them turned out to be addicts in their twenties! Doesn't this tell a lot about the facts about this issue!

See article here;

Jo Wood Defends Admission Of Giving Drugs To Her Children

Restless 16-03-2013 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1047248)
Jo Wood, wife of rockstar Ronnie Wood claims she gave drugs to her children and none of them turned out to be addicts in their twenties! Doesn't this tell a lot about the facts about this issue!

See article here;

Jo Wood Defends Admission Of Giving Drugs To Her Children

Doesn't tell me a lot really just that she is a stupid cow

Less 16-03-2013 16:47

I have decided, we need to legalise all illegal drugs, just so we can close down this stupid thread.
Make them legal then idiots like the thread Starter will get stoned and leave the rest of us alone.

Boeing Guy 16-03-2013 17:28

Says more about Jo Wood as a mother, rather than a critique on Drugs. IMHO

I have no issues with anyone who wishes to partake in illicit substances, the problem only arises when other people are invoked and hurt. A addict will resort to Theft, Burglary, Robbery to feed his/her habit.

Then there's the drugs cartels, Medellin comes to mind.

BTW just found this.... Remind you of anyone?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...57028797_n.jpg

Less 16-03-2013 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1047268)
Says more about Jo Wood as a mother, rather than a critique on Drugs. IMHO

I have no issues with anyone who wishes to partake in illicit substances, the problem only arises when other people are invoked and hurt. A addict will resort to Theft, Burglary, Robbery to feed his/her habit.

Then there's the drugs cartels, Medellin comes to mind.

I bet there are plenty of Dutch folk that couldn't find their bikes after the end of WWII.
Probably all got melted down to make classic VW camper vans.

jaysay 17-03-2013 08:50

Quite right BG but then we have a clown who use a woman giving her kids drugs to try and placate using these substances. I'm with Less on this its time to close this thread its run its course

DaveinGermany 17-03-2013 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1047371)
I'm with Less on this its time to close this thread its run its course

Easily done, quit replying, end of, simple.

kestrelx 25-05-2013 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1047371)

Quite right BG but then we have a clown who use a woman giving her kids drugs to try and placate using these substances. I'm with Less on this its time to close this thread its run its course

The issue does not go away...More are getting hurt by "legal highs"

What is happening is that "legal highs" are being manufactured - these are chemicals that are not illegal - and are sold on the internet - people still buy them and more people get ill and die. Now if the drugs that we all know like Cannabis, cocaine, ecstacy etc were not illegal then these new "legal highs" would not have a market and there would be less deaths.

Drugs tsar warning on 'legal highs'

Quote:

Make MSN UK your homepage
Follow

news
|Web
|MSN News

home
uk
world
odd
trending
#socialvoices
big question
features
video clips

16/05/2013|By pa.press.net

TWEET

EMAIL

Britain is being swamped by a "potentially dangerous" influx of so-called legal highs, the Government's drugs tsar has warned.

Professor Les Iversen, chairman of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD), said he and his colleagues can not keep tabs on all the substances available as there are now around 200 such chemicals flooding the market.

Mr Iversen told a public hearing that dealers are dodging laws by dressing the drugs up as plant food and warned that overdose risks were "clearly immense".

And he said the ACMD, which reviews substances and advises whether measures should be taken for preventing misuse, would be focusing on a man-made amphetamine called Benzo Fury and new LSD-like chemicals.

Mr Iversen said: "This has become a high priority agenda item for the ACMD and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future as the new compounds continue to emerge. The European Monitoring Centre logged in 60 new compounds last year and there's been a similar rate this year. That's one a week.

jaysay 25-05-2013 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1060531)
The issue does not go away...More are getting hurt by "legal highs"

What is happening is that "legal highs" are being manufactured - these are chemicals that are not illegal - and are sold on the internet - people still buy them and more people get ill and die. Now if the drugs that we all know like Cannabis, cocaine, ecstacy etc were not illegal then these new "legal highs" would not have a market and there would be less deaths.

Again a numpty trying to placate his habits divvy

Restless 27-05-2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx
make msn uk your homepage
follow
news
|web
|msn news
home
uk
world
odd
trending
#socialvoices
big question
features
video clips
drugs tsar warning on 'legal highs'
16/05/2013|by pa.press.net
tweet
email

worst quote ever

jaysay 28-05-2013 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1060788)
worst quote ever

Worst Quoter ever:rolleyes: