Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Full Council - 1st & 9th March (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/full-council-1st-and-9th-march-57054.html)

jaysay 10-03-2011 18:02

Re: Full Council - 1st & 9th March

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 890816)
Is Greg Pope coming back as a community artist, based on the balcony?

He'll produce white smoke when the bogs are vacant, and black smoke when they're engaged?

I once saw a stripper in Hamburg doing something very similar.

:eek:

:D

The last time I heard from Greg Pope he was watching the Rovers at the cottage last Saturday, he does a good running commentary on FaceBook:D

garinda 10-03-2011 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 890801)
Perhaps you're right

No perhaps about it.

I am.

;)

Gayle 10-03-2011 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 890819)
No perhaps about it.

I am.

;)

So there were more than 400 there? If you're right. :p

garinda 10-03-2011 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 890820)
So there were more than 400 there? If you're right. :p

No. There's absolutely no way of knowing how many people had come especially for the 'community art' flash mob event.

Looked fairly normal as to number of people to me, for that time on Broadway on a Saturday afternoon. Don't you think?

:rolleyes:

You very nearly would have been able to say 402, until I told the person I was with how much it had cost.

;)

lindsay ormerod 10-03-2011 18:24

In response to "clicker" thing that counts footfall, they use it in the Arndale as well ,and it's totally inaccurate, counts people who just walk thru and don't spend and probably now looks like it's even busier as people flock to the Arndale toilets instead !:rolleyes:

accysimon 10-03-2011 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 890522)
I would have though the term Independents was wrong surely? We can be independant, (singular), but not Independents, (plural).

So we have a group of Independents, possibly independent of the independents that are at the moment on the Council working in cahoots with the very man the first group of Independents wish to depose.
We need to find out if the first group is independent of the second group of Independents and if perhaps they aren't are they independent enough? Or, have these independents now become a break away group of independents from themself?
Also, if they are truly independent no point voting for them as they could never work together, these people tend to be loners and like their independence.

Confused? so am I, that's the problem when you are just one individual attempting to understand none-party Politics, you have no-one to turn to for advice.
:confused:

Apparently, the Independents decision to form a group came about as it then allows the council to give them seats on the various committee's, just as the Labour Group and Conservative Group can.

g jones 10-03-2011 19:38

The balcony interview was Peter and I with Annabell Tiffin for Sundays politics show. It's been a year since we last debated.

Ms Tiffin remarked at the beginning that a good old interrupting debate would help. I said it wouldnt and she'd regret giving the green light to arguing. At the end she did though she said it was a cracking interview.

I am not sure. Doing an interview with Peter isn't easy. Topic 1 HMR, 2 PCP, 3 Big Society.

Tealeaf 10-03-2011 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 890856)
I am not sure. Doing an interview with Peter isn't easy. Topic 1 HMR, 2 PCP, 3 Big Society.

HMR..??????

PCP...???????

Sorry Graham...but what are these?

lancsdave 10-03-2011 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 890857)
HMR..??????

PCP...???????

Himalyan Mountain Range - A more accessible place than Hyndburn Council

Peter's Conservative Propoganda

garinda 10-03-2011 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 890857)
HMR..??????

PCP...???????

Primary Capital Programme, which I think helps with extra funding for schools.

It could be a debate about the post-coital pill, but I doubt it.
:D

garinda 10-03-2011 19:58

HMR - Housing Market Renewal.

g jones 10-03-2011 20:00

Housing Market Renewal and PCP Primary Capital Programme or BSF for primary schools.

Tealeaf 10-03-2011 20:02

OK...cheers

lancsdave 10-03-2011 20:04

No offence to Graham but I won't be watching it, I can't afford a new telly to replace the one that will have something thrown at it

accyman 10-03-2011 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 890871)
No offence to Graham but I won't be watching it, I can't afford a new telly to replace the one that will have something thrown at it

why risk damage to your tv when you have a perfectly good HBC callendar to throw darts at?

or have you already worn it out ?