Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Travellers on Arden Hall Playing Field (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/travellers-on-arden-hall-playing-field-58208.html)

grego 13-06-2011 08:27

Travellers on Arden Hall Playing Field

Over the past couple of weeks travellers have descended onto Arden Hall playing field, my other half walked back from the school this morning and the number of caravans has doubled. Who do we report this to? Though saying that I'm sure people who need to know probably do, does anyone know what can be done about it?

heth 13-06-2011 10:41

Re: Travellers on Arden Hall Playing Field

I will ask my Dad as he wont be happy about this.

MargaretR 13-06-2011 10:58

The recreation ground is the responsibility of Hyndburn council
Recreation Grounds - Hyndburn's Recreation Grounds

So there will be delays in getting them removed, just like when they have parked illegaly elsewhere in the borough.

g jones 13-06-2011 13:09

Everything is being done. They had to be gone by Sunday night or be removed by the police and courts this week.

A big thank you to Wedny Dwyer, Bernard Dawson and June Harrison for staying on top of this and hopefully preventative action will follow.

Tealeaf 13-06-2011 13:14

These are the odds on their next port of call:

2/1 Church Traffic Lights

3/1 ASDA car park

4/1 Kings Highway

5/1 Holland Street

6/1 others

steve2qec 13-06-2011 13:27

Some were on Aldi car park last year....handy for bread and milk etc..
I've always wondered were they get fresh water from.

Neil 13-06-2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 911855)
I've always wondered were they get fresh water from.

I will give you one guess :rolleyes:

Neil 13-06-2011 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 911851)
Everything is being done. They had to be gone by Sunday night or be removed by the police and courts this week.

A big thank you to Wendy Dwyer, Bernard Dawson and June Harrison for staying on top of this and hopefully preventative action will follow.

Have Council Officers not been involved with this or do they not deserve thanks?

maxthecollie 13-06-2011 16:10

June Harrison the local councillor who lives ay Owl Cottage by Arden Hall gates

jaysay 13-06-2011 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 911882)
june harrison the local councillor who lives ay owl cottage by arden hall gates

um;););)

grego 13-06-2011 18:15

I'm pleased that something is supposed to be being done, though dont think they're that bothered as their size has doubled since Sunday.

Eric 13-06-2011 18:21

This is a problem:confused: If they are there illegally, why doesn't someone in the neighbourhood just phone the coppers to have them moved on. If it happened in Kingston, someone would phone the KPD. A couple of cruisers with some hefty, rugged patrol officers would arrive, along with the dogs, and the problem would be sorted out real quick. Why, if there are laws already in place, does the council have to get involved? Surely the council has more important things to do than involve itself in the day - to -day details of law enforecement.

jaysay 13-06-2011 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 911908)
This is a problem:confused: If they are there illegally, why doesn't someone in the neighbourhood just phone the coppers to have them moved on. If it happened in Kingston, someone would phone the KPD. A couple of cruisers with some hefty, rugged patrol officers would arrive, along with the dogs, and the problem would be sorted out real quick. Why, if there are laws already in place, does the council have to get involved? Surely the council has more important things to do than involve itself in the day - to -day details of law enforecement.

Its just a tad different over here Eric, ya see these people have rights and to get um moved on you have to go to court and when you have a court order to get them moved from a particular site they can move 30 yards down the road and start again, I know I knows its crazy, but its Great Britain 2011

Eric 13-06-2011 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 911912)
Its just a tad different over here Eric, ya see these people have rights and to get um moved on you have to go to court and when you have a court order to get them moved from a particular site they can move 30 yards down the road and start again, I know I knows its crazy, but its Great Britain 2011

Weird. What should be a simple case of breaking the law seems awful complicated and expensive. By the by, who controls policing in Hyndburn? Is it the county council, or the municipality?

jaysay 13-06-2011 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 911926)
Weird. What should be a simple case of breaking the law seems awful complicated and expensive. By the by, who controls policing in Hyndburn? Is it the county council, or the municipality?

They come under the County Police authority Eric, but they still have to go through the courts, that's what's the nonsense about the whole issue