Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Prospects Foundation (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-prospects-foundation-58398.html)

Bob Dobson 29-06-2011 19:54

The Prospects Foundation

This is an envbironmwental charity working with and in the Hyndburn community to raise awareness and improve the local environment. It has 5 main themes :- Biodiversity (planrts & wildlife); Energy;Sustainable Transport;Waste & recycling: Food growing.

They are behind the planting of poppies in the borough.

They work out of an office at 20 Cannon St.

www.prospectsfoundation.org.uk

dusty mears 29-06-2011 20:17

Re: The Prospects Foundation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 915473)
This is an envbironmwental charity working with and in the Hyndburn community to raise awareness and improve the local environment. It has 5 main themes :- Biodiversity (planrts & wildlife); Energy;Sustainable Transport;Waste & recycling: Food growing.

They are behind the planting of poppies in the borough.

They work out of an office at 20 Cannon St.

www.prospectsfoundation.org.uk

sorry bob but inaccurate posting. i'm the one behind the project - read my post on history etc. I happen to be a panel volunteer, got the project going & organised & was then assisted by other clayton panel members - joan, lesley in getting it out across the borough which groups then planted. Poppy plants were planted 2 weekends ago by a gorilla poppy task force. other volunteers have helped grow plug plants, sow seed. Prospects foundation kindly initially facilitated the project.

dusty mears 29-06-2011 20:18

sorry should have said thanks for publicising prospects & briefly outlining their aims

katex 29-06-2011 20:20

They are brilliant, Bob. Commend them on the work put into the Woodlands at Clayton .. it's lovely now.

Wynonie Harris 29-06-2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty mears (Post 915477)
Poppy plants were planted 2 weekends ago by a gorilla poppy task force.

That sounds a bit worrying. Was their keeper with them? :eek:

Bob Dobson 29-06-2011 20:32

My innacuracy was based on a leaflet and a letter sent me by the Prospects staff.Before posting, I searched the site for a thread headed 'Propects' but didn't find one.

Neil 29-06-2011 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty mears (Post 915477)
sorry bob but inaccurate posting. i'm the one behind the project - read my post on history etc. I happen to be a panel volunteer, got the project going & organised & was then assisted by other clayton panel members - joan, lesley in getting it out across the borough which groups then planted. Poppy plants were planted 2 weekends ago by a gorilla poppy task force. other volunteers have helped grow plug plants, sow seed. Prospects foundation kindly initially facilitated the project.

I have an idea for where some could be planted, ask me when I aee you next in case I forget.

Retlaw 29-06-2011 20:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 915481)
That sounds a bit worrying. Was their keeper with them? :eek:

Yes & to prove it heres his picture.
Retlaw.

Wynonie Harris 29-06-2011 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 915497)
Yes & to prove it heres his picture.
Retlaw.

Well, I must say, Walter, he looks a very capable keeper indeed. I hope he got them all back in their cages OK! ;)

garinda 29-06-2011 21:06

Are we no longer supporting the Free Trade opium growers of Afghanistan?

Retlaw 29-06-2011 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 915507)
Well, I must say, Walter, he looks a very capable keeper indeed. I hope he got them all back in their cages OK! ;)

Yes, he's been at every weekend for the past few weeks. Locks them up, feeds them bananas, and gives me the keys.

Retlaw

dusty mears 29-06-2011 21:12

nice one father. Brill photo if i say so myself
Hiya neil will email u 2m as i'll forget too! ! Want to pick your brains

Retlaw 29-06-2011 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 915493)
I have an idea for where some could be planted, ask me when I aee you next in case I forget.

I think bob's still niggled that all this has been going on, and no one has consulted the local histErical society, they want workers not gas bags, Dusty Mears was the youngest person in the room at the last meeting ot the histErical Soc.
Your to late, all the projects for the 1916 anniversary have already been discussed, those that are feasable
will probably happen, until it does you'l have to wait & see. Trumpet blowing happens after the event, not before.
Retlaw.

dusty mears 29-06-2011 21:29

ah thanks father! They did have a couple of ideas that could run with some tweekin.

Retlaw 29-06-2011 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty mears (Post 915529)
ah thanks father! They did have a couple of ideas that could run with some tweekin.

Wot, do you like the 500 men of W & Z coys marching over past the Red Cap, & into Accrington, to receive the salute from the Mayor. I thought that one was a corker. Maybe Paramount Pictures or Metro could help them out.
Retlaw