Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   M Ps acting like spoiled brats (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/m-ps-acting-like-spoiled-brats-58611.html)

steeljack 20-07-2011 15:04

M Ps acting like spoiled brats

Been watching recordings of the UK House of Commons during the Murdoch hacking scandal and have to say the House of Commons resembles a day care center full of autistic kids who haven't had their daily dose of Ritalin , how the heck do these folks expect or deserve any respect when ordinary folks would be given Absos for similar chav like behaviour . ;) :D :D

Neil 20-07-2011 15:09

Re: M Ps acting like spoiled brats

I was watching and have to agree. You missed off rude as well.
When one MP was trying to speak the others were shouting over her. They were a disgrace and embarrassment to us all.

I did comment earlier that the Speaker is more like a child minder

MargaretR 20-07-2011 15:14

Commons heckling is a tradition, and, like royalty, it is uneccessary and outdated.

jaysay 20-07-2011 17:58

Re: MPs acting like spoiled brats

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 920266)
Been watching recordings of the UK House of Commons during the Murdoch hacking scandal and have to say the House of Commons resembles a day care center full of autistic kids who haven't had their daily dose of Ritalin , how the heck do these folks expect or deserve any respect when ordinary folks would be given Absos for similar chav like behaviour . ;) :D :D

Well if you insist in watching things like that on TV SJ could I suggest watch with mother, far more entertaining and meaningful, and the actors aren't paid a minimum of 68K a year either

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2011 19:45

Aren't you being a little bit unkind to Autistic children....after all they cannot help it?

Tealeaf 20-07-2011 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 920266)

I have no respect whatsoever for any politician, of any persuasion, in any country (with the notable exception of the Honourable Member for Hyndburn and Haslingden). However, if it comes to a comparison between debates in the cockpit of the House of Commons and the docile, half-wit, servile, arse-licking, pork-barreling members of the United States Congress, then give me the former any day.

In addition, give me a system whereby the executive head of government has to report on a weekly basis (and often more) to the legislature and has to answer to them - in the most difficult of circumstances - rather than a cosy weekly fireside radio chat, according to script. This current American president - and he is no different than his predecessors - cannot even, with the help of a prompt board - make a joke about Pizzas in space. The same President, would I believe, just about surfice as an intern research assistant for some obscure back bench liberal-democrat non-entity of an MP. But then again, Obama may only have 18 months to go - so who will replace him? Sarah Palin?

accyman 21-07-2011 16:33

i think the only person to enter parliament with honorable intentions and an intent to serve the public was guy fawkes ;)

Neil 21-07-2011 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 920368)
I have no respect whatsoever for any politician, of any persuasion, in any country (with the notable exception of the Honourable Member for Hyndburn and Haslingden).

Theres a little brown mark on your nose mate, best wipe it off before you go to the pub :p

Royboy39 21-07-2011 20:44

I note with interest the question, probably a prompt from the Labour Whips, Graham asked of the prime minister went down like a lead balloon. I also note with interest that most of the questions regarding Andy Coulson by Labour MP's were read from a script.
I can't for the life of me see Ed Milliband rise to the exalted rank of statesman in a hundred years or any of his minnions.

jaysay 22-07-2011 08:57

Re: MPs acting like spoiled brats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 920561)
I note with interest the question, probably a prompt from the Labour Whips, Graham asked of the prime minister went down like a lead balloon. I also note with interest that most of the questions regarding Andy Coulson by Labour MP's were read from a script.
I can't for the life of me see Ed Milliband rise to the exalted rank of statesman in a hundred years or any of his minnions.

Especially if he doesn't have that bloody grating voice seen to, for gods sake get your bloody adenoids out

cmonstanley 23-07-2011 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 920561)

they dont want to be seen influencing the criminal enquiry;)

Royboy39 23-07-2011 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 920770)
they dont want to be seen influencing the criminal enquiry;)

I think you should be PA to Balls.:eek::rolleyes:

cashman 23-07-2011 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 920774)
I think you should be PA to Balls.:eek::rolleyes:

Jaysay don't need no P.A.:D

jaysay 23-07-2011 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 920775)
Jaysay don't need no P.A.:D

His balls aren't much cop these days either:rolleyes::D