Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2011, 15:04   #1
God Member

M Ps acting like spoiled brats

Been watching recordings of the UK House of Commons during the Murdoch hacking scandal and have to say the House of Commons resembles a day care center full of autistic kids who haven't had their daily dose of Ritalin , how the heck do these folks expect or deserve any respect when ordinary folks would be given Absos for similar chav like behaviour .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2011, 15:09   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: M Ps acting like spoiled brats

I was watching and have to agree. You missed off rude as well.
When one MP was trying to speak the others were shouting over her. They were a disgrace and embarrassment to us all.

I did comment earlier that the Speaker is more like a child minder
Old 20-07-2011, 15:14   #3
God Member

Commons heckling is a tradition, and, like royalty, it is uneccessary and outdated.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 17:58   #4
Resting in Peace

Re: MPs acting like spoiled brats

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Been watching recordings of the UK House of Commons during the Murdoch hacking scandal and have to say the House of Commons resembles a day care center full of autistic kids who haven't had their daily dose of Ritalin , how the heck do these folks expect or deserve any respect when ordinary folks would be given Absos for similar chav like behaviour .
Well if you insist in watching things like that on TV SJ could I suggest watch with mother, far more entertaining and meaningful, and the actors aren't paid a minimum of 68K a year either
Old 20-07-2011, 19:45   #5
Beacon of light

Aren't you being a little bit unkind to Autistic children....after all they cannot help it?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 21:41   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I have no respect whatsoever for any politician, of any persuasion, in any country (with the notable exception of the Honourable Member for Hyndburn and Haslingden). However, if it comes to a comparison between debates in the cockpit of the House of Commons and the docile, half-wit, servile, arse-licking, pork-barreling members of the United States Congress, then give me the former any day.

In addition, give me a system whereby the executive head of government has to report on a weekly basis (and often more) to the legislature and has to answer to them - in the most difficult of circumstances - rather than a cosy weekly fireside radio chat, according to script. This current American president - and he is no different than his predecessors - cannot even, with the help of a prompt board - make a joke about Pizzas in space. The same President, would I believe, just about surfice as an intern research assistant for some obscure back bench liberal-democrat non-entity of an MP. But then again, Obama may only have 18 months to go - so who will replace him? Sarah Palin?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 16:33   #7
God Member

i think the only person to enter parliament with honorable intentions and an intent to serve the public was guy fawkes

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 19:16   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I have no respect whatsoever for any politician, of any persuasion, in any country (with the notable exception of the Honourable Member for Hyndburn and Haslingden).
Theres a little brown mark on your nose mate, best wipe it off before you go to the pub
Old 21-07-2011, 20:44   #9
God Member

I note with interest the question, probably a prompt from the Labour Whips, Graham asked of the prime minister went down like a lead balloon. I also note with interest that most of the questions regarding Andy Coulson by Labour MP's were read from a script.
I can't for the life of me see Ed Milliband rise to the exalted rank of statesman in a hundred years or any of his minnions.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 08:57   #10
Resting in Peace

Re: MPs acting like spoiled brats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I note with interest the question, probably a prompt from the Labour Whips, Graham asked of the prime minister went down like a lead balloon. I also note with interest that most of the questions regarding Andy Coulson by Labour MP's were read from a script.
I can't for the life of me see Ed Milliband rise to the exalted rank of statesman in a hundred years or any of his minnions.
Especially if he doesn't have that bloody grating voice seen to, for gods sake get your bloody adenoids out
Old 23-07-2011, 09:13   #11
God Member

Quote:
they dont want to be seen influencing the criminal enquiry
Old 23-07-2011, 09:39   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
they dont want to be seen influencing the criminal enquiry
I think you should be PA to Balls.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:44   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I think you should be PA to Balls.
Jaysay don't need no P.A.
Old 23-07-2011, 10:13   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Jaysay don't need no P.A.
His balls aren't much cop these days either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..