Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Thatchers eighties are back - London Riots (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/thatchers-eighties-are-back-london-riots-58820.html)

Alan Varrechia 09-08-2011 14:32

Re: Thatchers eighties are back - London Riots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 924786)
Coming bacl from holiday doesn't seem to have galvanized anyone into some kind of useful activity.......as much good as a tripe spanner/hammer/shovel!

Well they are going to meet on THURSDAY and have a debate, so that should sort it all out then.
I think before they can sort anything they should get on the same planet as everybody else. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Margaret Pilkington 09-08-2011 15:47

I didn't explain myself very well......the resources do exist, but not at the point they are required...it would be simple to 'borrow' these for the duration of the riots...and it should be easy enough to do...and the fact that the resources aren't where they are needed should not stop them from being considered.....aye, there's the rub though......Theresa May wants to police by consent.......a really daft concept in the circumstances.
The circumstances should be enough to change her mind.....maybe when a few innocent peole have been roasted in their own homes she might consider it eh?

Margaret Pilkington 09-08-2011 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 924791)
Well they are going to meet on THURSDAY and have a debate, so that should sort it all out then.
I think before they can sort anything they should get on the same planet as everybody else. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

I'm not sure a recall of Parliament for one day will frighten these thug and feral scum into stopping going down to Curry's/PC World, breaking the windows and running off with the Plasma TV's and Laptops.

They will talk round in circles and nothing much of a productive nature will come of it...or if it does, I will eat my gusset.

accyman 09-08-2011 15:58

quote of the day from yahoo news..

Quote:

Breaking news: Met. police have been ordered by government to quell riots by sitting back and letting rioters/ looters die from old age.

Margaret Pilkington 09-08-2011 16:07

Advert seen on my yahoo home page.
For Currys
'laptops at giveaway prices'...so that's what started it!

kestrelx 09-08-2011 16:18

Ask the Police why, when in Totenham on Saturday night they in Riot gear sat back and watched as thugs and criminals ransacked a shopping centre for 8 hours and did nothing! This incident started the whole 3 days of mayhem - the Police could have done something at the time they didn't - why not? I wasn't there but several people have mentioned this point on the radio some of whom witnessed this occuring. The Police have given these looters a taste and now they want more as they did last night!

Lets hope they don't try some other towns tonight while the Police have all been called into London to defend the capital!

accyman 09-08-2011 16:34

my apologies it seems Cameron has decided to take affirmative action after all :eek:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...n_1779574c.jpg

garinda 09-08-2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 924812)
my apologies it seems Cameron has decided to take affirmative action after all

How disappointing.

I thought you were going to post a picture of the Prime Minister on the streets of Tottenham, hugging a hoodie wearing looter.

:rolleyes:

MargaretR 09-08-2011 16:49

We have seen Boris carrying a brush but no evidence that he knew how to use it.

accyman 09-08-2011 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 924819)
How disappointing.

I thought you were going to post a picture of the Prime Minister on the streets of Tottenham, hugging a hoodie wearing looter.

:rolleyes:

maybe thats the next election winner..HUG A LOOTER .....

but check your pockets afterwards ;)

garinda 09-08-2011 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 924823)
We have seen Boris carrying a brush but no evidence that he knew how to use it.

He won't know how a sweeping brush works.

He doesn't know how to use a hairbush.

Now Nanny no longer does it.

garinda 09-08-2011 16:57

Perhaps these feral scum should be employed to organise the festivities for the opening and closing of the Olympic Games.

It's certainly been more visually spectacular than the River of Fire, which was supposed to happen at the Millennium, on the Thames.

cmonstanley 09-08-2011 17:24

manchester now

garinda 09-08-2011 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 924839)
manchester now

Are you?

What's the weather like?

Less 09-08-2011 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 924839)
manchester now

What a pathetic animal you are.

This sort of thing is nothing but shame to us all no matter what Social/political background we come from, this is OUR Country that is being abused.