Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Just fancied a few chips (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/just-fancied-a-few-chips-59796.html)

Busman747 08-11-2011 20:53

Just fancied a few chips

I was pushed for time tonight so against my better judgement, (I am on a low-fat diet) I decided to buy a small portion of chips to go with the ham in the fridge.

I went into RICHMOND CHIPPIE on Willows Lane which is owned and staffed by Asians and is just round the corner from me.

I ordered my small chips! There were 2 customers waiting for fish in front of me and they both got their meals after a 15 minute wait. Just before they received their meals, another guy entered the chippie and ordered a 9" garlic bread. The staff then started making up takeaway orders - and ran out of chips!:eek:

The next batch of chips are cooked, the guy walks out with his cooked garlic bread and I am all alone at the counter...................:alright:

A little Asian kid walks in and asks for a Dab. "With chips" he was asked, "no" he replied and duly got his Dab complete with salt & vinegar. I am getting just a tad unhappy now, all I want is a portion of chips and I have been in the place for close on 30 minutes!!

Just as I thought I might get my chips, a lady walked in wearing a burka and ordered pie and chips and she was immediately served!

The member of staff finally turned to me and asked confirmation that I wanted just small chips.......................

The look on his face was a picture as I told him quite graphically where to shove his chips :dflam::dflam:

30 minutes wasted - - but a gratifying finish!

lancsdave 08-11-2011 20:58

Re: Just fancied a few chips

Thats what you call customer feedback :D

garinda 08-11-2011 21:03

Don't blame you.

You showed more restraint than I would have.

:D

I hope it was just blatant ignorance, and not something much more sinister, to do with who you are.

:rolleyes::eek:

Your good lady wife might have informed them to make purchasing chips as difficult as possible, if you attempt it, so as not to risk breaking your diet.

davemac 08-11-2011 21:03

I think that was a sign that you were not destined to eat chips, you wouldnt have had the same trouble in a greengrocers:hesoff:

jedimaster 08-11-2011 21:03

i see you've mellowed in your old age uncle geoffrey!

Retlaw 08-11-2011 21:06

Tha shud av ad mur nouse than tu av gon in yon intut fost place,
probably saved thisen a night sat ontut bog.

Busman747 08-11-2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 946165)
Don't blame you.

You showed more restraint than I would have.

I hope it was just blatant ignorance, and not something much more sinister, to do with who you are.

:rolleyes::eek:

After 15 or so minutes, I could feel the anger building up - but I finally reached the point that I knew I would not have any chips from there but just waited patiently to see just how long it would take them.

As for being racist, YES, I believe it was! If I was an Asian lad treated like that in an English chippie, I would quite rightly be upset and would have known exactly where and to whom I could report them to. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way round...:o

garinda 08-11-2011 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 946171)

As for being racist, YES, I believe it was! If I was an Asian lad treated like that in an English chippie, I would quite rightly be upset and would have known exactly where and to whom I could report them to. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way round...:o

That's terrrible!

You should get on to your councils, both H.B.C., and L.C.C.

They're very hot on racism.

Promoting it...that is.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ist-57146.html

Tealeaf 08-11-2011 21:34

It's a shame you didn't take your slice of ham with you; you could have slung it in the deep fryer. The burka brigade would not have been eating many chips after that.

Busman747 08-11-2011 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 946178)
That's terrrible!

You should get on to your councils, both H.B.C., and L.C.C.

They're very hot on racism.

Promoting it...that is.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ist-57146.html

LOVE the footnote Gary...........:lol::lol:

garinda 08-11-2011 21:36

You're right.

It's wrong.

You're not blind, or stupid.

You can understand when a situation is clearly motivated by racism.

Not making light of it, I'm not, but I've experienced similar ignorant race prejudice...in certain places in North Wales.

Unfortunately matey, when it comes to race relation legislation here in England, there's a definite colour bar.

Which can always be summed up as 'White ain't right'.

wallop79 08-11-2011 21:36

30 mins wait, you most av been off yer head, I wouldn't have even waited 5 mins with people obviously being served before ya, I would av gone home & had a ham butty, but not before telling them in no uncertain terms (like you did) where to show their greasy chips.

esteemedjuju 09-11-2011 05:54

shame you did'nt have a pad and paper you stand there looking round and writing on your pad does'nt matter what you write they would have served you pretty quick thinking you were checking up on them

jaysay 09-11-2011 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman 747 (Post 946171)
After 15 or so minutes, I could feel the anger building up - but I finally reached the point that I knew I would not have any chips from there but just waited patiently to see just how long it would take them.

You must have the Patience of a saint Busman, they'd have got told in no uncertain terms were to go after ten minutes never mind 30 if it had been me

Accysense 09-11-2011 16:45

Exact dame thing happened to me in Amico (Willows Lane). Waited around 15-20mins for Donner Meat and chips, whilst several of our asian cousins walked in, ordered, and walked out. I made a point, waited for him to make the donner meat and chips, and then told him where to shove it. Wont be going back!