Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Houseboy 06-09-2012 11:56

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013628)
Most people, not just women, who fund a drug addiction through selling themselves, usually start out on that pitiful journey when they're still young and stupid, and unable to fully assess the risks involved.

It's rare for those in middle age, to suddenly want to try illegal recreational drugs for the very first time.

I agree totally with that. But do you not think that young people are drawn to drugs because they are illegal? Because it is "dangerous"? Young people, myself included when I was young (a long time ago), are drawn to the rebellious side of life and always will be. If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013630)
Er....as stated already, many times.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have the choice to take whatever drug they like, right now...and as the law currently stands.

;)

well no, as the law currently stands, you can be in trouble for taking certain drugs, however how those laws are sanctioned at the moment are questionable.

to be a "law abiding citizen" then you dont have a choice.

garinda 06-09-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013631)
I agree totally with that. But do you not think that young people are drawn to drugs because they are illegal? Because it is "dangerous"? Young people, myself included when I was young (a long time ago), are drawn to the rebellious side of life and always will be. If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

No, I don't.

I think young people take drugs because they make you feel absolutely fantastic...initally.

Houseboy 06-09-2012 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013630)
Er....as stated already, many times.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have the choice to take whatever drug they like, right now...and as the law currently stands.

;)

Without being criminalised?

Houseboy 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013633)
No, I don't.

I think young people take drugs because they make you feel absolutely fantastic...initally.

Can't argue with your second point at all. Still disagree with you on the first though, although it is a matter of conjecture.

garinda 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013632)
well no, as the law currently stands, you can be in trouble for taking certain drugs, however how those laws are sanctioned at the moment are questionable.

to be a "law abiding citizen" then you dont have a choice.

Read the thread.

Already discussed.

Of the thousands of people I've known who take drugs, not one of them has been done for personal possession, in the last 'turn-a-blind-eye' two decades.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013631)
If drugs were legal is it not possible that less people would use them? Just a thought.

and should we really care, how many do? i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses, you dont want an entire economy brought to its knees, cos everyone is out of their face, did we not face the same issues with the gin joints of victorian london?

i am sure throughout history, you will find cases of "the lower classes", using something as escapism from their pitifull lives.

garinda 06-09-2012 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houseboy (Post 1013635)
Can't argue with your second point at all. Still disagree with you on the first though, although it is a matter of conjecture.

Argue away.

You'll still be wrong.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013636)
Read the thread.

Already discussed.

Of the thousands of people I've known who take drugs, not one of them has been done for personal possession, in the last 'turn-a-blind-eye' two decades.

i was simply reiterating the point, as you were yours!

just because, you "dont get caught, or punished" doesnt mean its not a criminal action, that you have undertaken

garinda 06-09-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013637)
i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses

I don't know of anyone now, who'd like to take drugs, but are too afraid, because of their legal status.

Do you?

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013640)
I don't know of anyone now, who'd like to take drugs, but are too afraid, because of their legal status.

Do you?

and i dont know any one legged irish banjo players, do you

and if not doesnt mean they dont exist, now does it?

garinda 06-09-2012 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013639)
just because, you "dont get caught, or punished" doesnt mean its not a criminal action, that you have undertaken

Er...I've never said otherwise.

In law, possession of an illegal narcotic is a crime.

In reality, as it stands, you'll never be charged for possession for personal use.

Nor would you have been, for the last twenty years.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:13

surely the Volsted act, in america, proved that all that you do is create crime, through prohibition, not irradicate it.

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013643)
Er...I've never said otherwise.

In law, possession of an illegal narcotic is a crime.

In reality, as it stands, you'll never be charged for possession for personal use.

Nor would you have been, for the last twenty years.

but you implied, that anyone has the choice now, although we have established that they dont actually have a choice, if they wish to stay within the law

certainly they have a choice without fear of judicial retribution, but thats not the same

garinda 06-09-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013641)
and i dont know any one legged irish banjo players, do you

and if not doesnt mean they dont exist, now does it?

Oh dear, I think they might be right.

Tenage weed smokers do impair their I.Q,