Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Less 06-09-2012 21:36

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1013721)
Since I'm now in the fifth decade, since I first came into contact with illicit drugs, and with all my many already given experiences, which resulted in my already much stated belief that decriminalistion would be seen as a green light, and I believe a resultant increase in users, and therefore more misery for the ones who do develop addictions...don't expect me to change my mind on this issue, anytime soon.

It'll take a better dope than you, if someone's capable of making that happen.

;)

I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's, however I feel I still have the right to criticise anything you or anyone else has posted because mine must surely be the only opinion anyone should listen to?

(Actually I try to read everything, but drug related lethargy and the fact that if it's posted on AccyWeb it must mean it's wrong anyway prevents me from giving a damn).
:)

garinda 06-09-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1013803)
I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's, however I feel I still have the right to criticise anything you or anyone else has posted because mine must surely be the only opinion anyone should listen to?

(Actually I try to read everything, but drug related lethargy and the fact that if it's posted on AccyWeb it must mean it's wrong anyway prevents me from giving a damn).

Feel free.

Read, don't read.

Carry on regardless.

I will.

Just as I'll carry on turning you every hour.

So those nasty bed sores don't come back.

Give, give, give.

;)

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 22:11

Quote:

(whispering) dont worry, i got it!

garinda 06-09-2012 22:26

Quote:

?

Just a tip.

Given freely.

In love...and peace.

Never publicly question yourself.

It's a downward spiral.

As soon you could find yourself sat in a darkened room, with fellow sufferers.

Asking yourselves unanswerable questions.

'But where DOES space end?'

'How do I KNOW the light actually goes off, when I close the fridge door?'

The classic.

'Jesus, why ME?

Etc., etc.

:hippy:

kestrelx 06-09-2012 22:35

Quote:

Since I'm now in the fifth decade, since I first came into contact with illicit drugs, and with all my many already given experiences, which resulted in my already much stated belief that decriminalistion would be seen as a green light, and I believe a resultant increase in users, and therefore more misery for the ones who do develop addictions...don't expect me to change my mind on this issue, anytime soon.

;)

Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they enjoy life - using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

That is the gist of what he said - is that irresponsible?
Lily Allen’s dad, Keith Allen to take drugs on live Channel 4 Drugs Live | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

garinda 06-09-2012 22:43

Quote:

I haven't bothered to read any of your posts for the past six month's

Got to be said, as it's like an addiction that must be fed.

I've got to say I admire your grit.

That's very nice grit, Less.

You did very well, lasting so long.

Lesser men than you, and anyone with any sense, gave up on average six years ago,

Well done Mummy's little soldier.

I salute you.

:D

churchfcrules 06-09-2012 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1013826)
Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they think using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

Lily Allen’s dad, Keith Allen to take drugs on live Channel 4 Drugs Live | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

almost guarantee now, that keith, wont be having a good come down, drugs will be shown in a negative way, channel 4 dare not do anything but, irrelevant of figures

bbc 3 have already done it, shown people taking drugs

the hook with this is its live and "celebs" article says a few have been approached

thats my threpence appney

cashman 06-09-2012 22:49

Personally speaking i don't give a toss who takes what, its there choice, what i do give a toss about,is they become addicted n have to thieve to feed the habit.

garinda 06-09-2012 23:01

Quote:

Do you know the actor Keith Allen

I must say you're a bit like Mystic Meg today.

First Vivienne Westwood, now this.

Yes, I do know him.

We had some good old chin-wags, whilst sat in the bath, on many a Monday afternoon.

Nice chap.

Bit of a scrounger.

Always asking to be 'lent' whatever, that once consumed, he very rarely gives you back.

Lives in a bit of a dream world, but I suppose that's a result of attempting to be educated in Essex.

:rolleyes:

Yes, people always have, and always will want to feel absolutely effin fantastic, by means of artifical stimulus.

Would l encourage a child l loved to take the risk, in the hope they're in the majority, and won't have to go on the rob, or spread their legs for some olf perv to fund a serious habit?

No.

(That question was to the forum, not myself, by the way. You should at least make an attempt at deception, when practicising that ol' time religious preachin'.)

Amen.

garinda 07-09-2012 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013815)
(whispering) dont worry, i got it!

All's not lost then, is it?

Only some of it.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 07-09-2012 08:27

Quote:

Do you know the actor Keith Allen, he was on a morning TV show and he said, to paraphrase him; "People have been changing the way they enjoy life - using drugs since the dawn of humanity so get over it, we should legalise drugs!"

So some actor says its okay to use drugs and you start grovelling at his feet:worthy::worthy::worthy:

garinda 07-09-2012 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013876)
So some actor says its okay to use drugs and you start grovelling at his feet:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Talking of Keith Allen, telly programmes, and drugs.

One of the maddest programme I ever saw was the film Keith Allen made about the posh little English wonderboy and so-called antiques expert who appeared on Wogan....who took a few drugs....and few years later is now a mad Welsh slut called Lauren.

Keith Allen fight it out in Lady Fontleroy documentary about Lauren Harries/James Harries life - YouTube

Do please research carefully all known side-effects, before necking any pills.

Houseboy 07-09-2012 10:21

Quote:

;)

You are allowed your opinion of course and I would never begrudge you that, but it doesn't make you right. You may of course be right. I however am of the opposite opinion. Are you certain that youngsters are not drawn to things that are illegal because they are so and would therefore not so be drawn if they weren't?

kestrelx 07-09-2012 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1013832)
almost guarantee now, that keith, wont be having a good come down, drugs will be shown in a negative way, channel 4 dare not do anything but, irrelevant of figures

bbc 3 have already done it, shown people taking drugs

the hook with this is its live and "celebs" article says a few have been approached

thats my threpence appney

How do you know it will show them from a bad light? I don't think Keith Allen is the type to fudge things because a TV Producer tells him to - I think he'll probably be more honest.

When is it on then? They've been talking about it for ages.

Yes BBC 3 did it in the late 90's they had people taking mushrooms of both kinds, extacy and I think mescaline in a mansion with experts checking on the users progress.:D

kestrelx 07-09-2012 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1013876)

Ha ha ha! Not so - I was just adding this fact - what he says is just his opinion, worth pointing out on this thread - oh Mullah! ;)