Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Relaxing! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/relaxing-61180.html)

annesingleton 07-04-2012 20:48

Relaxing!

There have been some quite heavy issues going on lately on the Accyweb, so I thought I'd try to introduce something a bit lighter. How do you like to relax?
I enjoy coming home from work and either spend an hour in the pub on the way home when my partner is home, or come home maybe to a lovely glass of red wine (definitely no more than two when working the day after!)
I love absolute peace and quiet at home and also relaxing music, and my favourite time of day is early morning with fresh black coffee and toast, outside in summer preferably, weather permitting.
Also time with children and grandchildren, it's really good when my older grandchildren call round without warning.
Another thing I enjoy doing is baking, although I have to do it for other people now, otherwise I'd eat it all myself and be thirty stone and on telly!
I also love trashy tv, whilst I've been off work I've become addicted to daytime tv and might have to record it when I go back to work next week, and reading is my most favourite.
I hope I don't sound a bit smug because reading this back I think I might and I'm not at all, but I would be interested in how other people like to relax and spend their spare time.

maxthecollie 07-04-2012 20:56

Re: Relaxing!

Walking with Max up the Coppice and blwing the cobwebs away. Coming home to a can of something refeshing and chillng teaching Max new tricks.

cashman 07-04-2012 21:02

Taking Oscar fer his constitutional i find very relaxing, more so now as hes getting old, the little swine don't leg it no more.:D

maxthecollie 07-04-2012 21:02

Do they come in tins or bottles?

susie123 07-04-2012 21:08

I don't think of anything I do as relaxing, just doing different things at different times - watching TV, going to the pub, doing things to the house, working in the garden, going to concerts, going out for the day or weekend. My favourite thing is being on my own doing things in the garden - tidying, potting, planting, spreading compost, making paths - anything. I do like my own company best and have always been very active.

Of course I've hardly done any of this for the past few months, being laid up and undergoing treatment. It's frustrating seeing lovely days outside and wanting to be in the garden, or having a half renovated house and wanting to knock some plaster off a wall, or do some decorating or make some cushions, or even do some tidying up. You make think that doing nothing much all day is relaxing but it can get very boring, even with TV, PC and books to occupy me. Roll on recovery!

annesingleton 07-04-2012 21:09

I think I need a dog, when I eventually retire probably when I'm at least seventy I intend to get a Westie and call it Fluffy with a pretty pink collar much to my partner's disgust!

maxthecollie 07-04-2012 21:10

Get a proper dog.

cashman 07-04-2012 21:13

Though the hour wi the lads in the Oaklea when Stanley are at home is very relaxing as well as very humorous.:D

annesingleton 07-04-2012 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 983298)
I don't think of anything I do as relaxing, just doing different things at different times - watching TV, going to the pub, doing things to the house, working in the garden, going to concerts, going out for the day or weekend. My favourite thing is being on my own doing things in the garden - tidying, potting, planting, spreading compost, making paths - anything. I do like my own company best and have always been very active.

Of course I've hardly done any of this for the past few months, being laid up and undergoing treatment. It's frustrating seeing lovely days outside and wanting to be in the garden, or having a half renovated house and wanting to knock some plaster off a wall, or do some decorating or make some cushions, or even do some tidying up. You make think that doing nothing much all day is relaxing but it can get very boring, even with TV, PC and books to occupy me. Roll on recovery!

Susie your life sounds idyllic and I hope that your health improves and you are able to get back to it very soon. I've been off work for a few weeks and used to dream of having nothing to do, but it is indeed very very boring! In fact I can't wait to get back to work at the moment and I never thought I'd say that!

Wynonie Harris 07-04-2012 21:15

Sitting in the Micro Bar in the back of Manchester Arndale, watching the world go by as I get steadily rattarsed on Bogart's Rum Porter, before
verbally abusing the various God botherers and politicos who inhabit Market Street on a Saturday afternoon.

Alternatively, standing on the Clayton End, listening to Cashy verbally abuse any opposition player or match official who displeases him. ;)

annesingleton 07-04-2012 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 983300)
Get a proper dog.

That's what my partner says!!!

walkinman221 07-04-2012 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 983302)
Though the hour wi the lads in the Oaklea when Stanley are at home is very relaxing as well as very humorous.:D

Can't fault it cashy can't fault it:):alright:

maxthecollie 07-04-2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 983306)
That's what my partner says!!!

Only joking Westies are cracking little dogs. There use to be a family of them doing agility with us.

DaveinGermany 07-04-2012 21:24

Through the week on principle no Beer :( When I do eventually get home it's boots off, a big mug of Spiced Tea (Masala Chai), turn on the puter, and have a smile, groan, head shake at the goings on on here. :) Then a bit of scoff, Shower more Chai & a bit more puter then off to me pit.

Weekends out & about doing stuff (with Wifey & Hound), across to Holland, following the mighty Stanley on line, meeting friends, having a couple of Beers & the odd sweety nippy ;) & again arguing & being obnoxious on here :D

Ah, simple pleasures for a simple soul. :)

annesingleton 07-04-2012 21:24

I know, I had one when I was younger and they really are good dogs - I'm joking about the Fluffy name and the pink collar...I think.....!