Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Army cuts (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/army-cuts-61834.html)

MargaretR 05-07-2012 14:56

Army cuts

In another forum I have read that '5000' soldiers are planning a protest march on London.

and....."one of the decision makers on disbanding these regiments is visiting 2RRF (one of the regiments being disbanded) tomorrow in Celle, Germany... He is expecting a march past... The boys are going to *ahem* give him something else.."

In view of DaveG's former army connections, and his present location, I ask him to please report any incident the german media may report, because it is not likely to be reported in UK media.

accyman 05-07-2012 15:15

Re: Army cuts

so good old cameron wants to sack some brave soldiers so that he can put them on the dole and call them scum because theres no jobs for them to go to hes made sure of that :mad:

lettie 05-07-2012 15:47

My cousin has been told that he is being made redundant. He is a sergeant in the RAF and has been there for 21 years. After 22 years in the RAF you can claim full RAF pension. My cousin's redundancy will come into force when he is 7 weeks short of the 22 years, therefore, saving the RAF a fortune. He is not the only one this is happening to, there are hundreds up and down the country.
No matter how good a life style the armed forces personnel may have when we are not at war, I would never recommend to anyone that they join up. People like my cousin, who have seen active service, are robbed blind in the most underhand way when it comes to their pensions.

maxthecollie 05-07-2012 15:54

Cut off Cameron's

Wynonie Harris 05-07-2012 16:21

Meanwhile, the likes of Diamond walk away with millions.

Disgraceful. :rolleyes:

jaysay 05-07-2012 17:05

I'm beginning to get a dislike for Mr Cameron

Alan Varrechia 05-07-2012 17:11

Soon there will be more people at two premiership football matches than the total in the army. Disgraceful. :mad:

Eric 05-07-2012 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1001340)
Cut off Cameron's

Won't work ... you will get the same bs, only in a squeakier voice;)

accyman 05-07-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 1001339)
My cousin has been told that he is being made redundant. He is a sergeant in the RAF and has been there for 21 years. After 22 years in the RAF you can claim full RAF pension. My cousin's redundancy will come into force when he is 7 weeks short of the 22 years, therefore, saving the RAF a fortune. He is not the only one this is happening to, there are hundreds up and down the country.
No matter how good a life style the armed forces personnel may have when we are not at war, I would never recommend to anyone that they join up. People like my cousin, who have seen active service, are robbed blind in the most underhand way when it comes to their pensions.

and you can bet he will be seen soon on TV saying how great our troops are and how much he respects them.

dont get me wrong they are and he should but from the way this government and the last lot treated our troops its quite eveident they dont give a toss about our troops

cmonstanley 05-07-2012 19:44

this is to pave the way to outsource more contracts to privete firms.this is a disgrace .protect the falklands your having a laugh:mad: on the day the tories pump 50 billion by quantitive easing where is the money going ye thats right the banks who defrauded the british public.the sooner cameron and co get the boot the better.paddy ashdown where are you now??

Eric 05-07-2012 21:54

Come to think of it, why do you guys need a large military? Here's a scenario: Privately, Her Majesty's Government, whatever they say in public, is commited to the EU. When Germany decides that the only way out of the Euro crisis is a political union, there will be a new European Defence Force, headquartered in ... mmm, the Bendlerblock is still standing in Berlin.:rolleyes: National forces will cease to exist. On the up side, you won't have to join any US adventures into, say, Iran or North Korea. You can get rid of your nuclear subs, and axe the aircraft carriers ... save a whole bunch of money! Make a deal with the Argentinians for the Malvinas. Maybe they will throw in Lionel Messi.:alright: A great footballer is, in today's world at least, worth much more than honour, and you could always work out a deal on sharing any oil that may be there. It will really be peace in our time.

accyman 05-07-2012 22:00

if we didnt have a large militarty who would run around the world wiping americas arse

Mancie 05-07-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1001332)
In another forum I have read that '5000' soldiers are planning a protest march on London.

Do we still have 5000 soldiers? :(

cashman 05-07-2012 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 1001339)

Hes not a Banker Let, only defended our country, not defrauded it.:rolleyes:

Mancie 05-07-2012 22:40

Massive cuts for the military were announced within the first weeks of this government and at the time some posters on here defended those cuts...but we were told most of the cuts would be made in office jobs and such...that was yet another bare faced lie.