Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Andrew Mitchell (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/andrew-mitchell-62501.html)

gynn 21-09-2012 22:52

Andrew Mitchell

What do we all think of Andrew Mitchell's outburst at the policeman who stopped him taking his bicycle through the main gates at the end of Downing Street?

If he DID say those words, although he deserves condemnation, it is the sort of thing that can be resolved with a fulsome apology, and an appeal that he was talking in the heat of the moment, and he didn't really mean it.

Mr Mitchell acually denies saying those words, and as a senior Government figure, his integrity must be beyond question.

However, I understand that the officer in question has confirmed that those were his EXACT words. And I think I trust the words of a police officer over those of a party politician.

So his position is untenable. Not because of the words he used in the heat of the moment, but because of his subsequent lying to try and save his skin.

Wynonie Harris 21-09-2012 22:57

Re: Andrew Mitchell

If he did say those words, why wasn't he arrested for a public order offence? If any of us had said it, we'd be hauled down the clink sharpish.

cashman 21-09-2012 22:57

Its only the truth, what these people think of the ordinary working man.:( n Camerons accepted his apology whats new.?:rolleyes:

annesingleton 21-09-2012 22:59

I think he's a complete idiot of his class and I would expect nothing better. He seems to think he's beyond the law and his immature attitude reflects that of the government in power at the moment in my opinion.

gynn 21-09-2012 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1018350)
If he did say those words, why wasn't he arrested for a public order offence? If any of us had said it, we'd be hauled down the clink sharpish.

Because he's in a privileged position. How many of us get to ride our bicycles through the main gates of Downing Street?

He's used the words, then allegedly lied by denying that he said them.

That's double the crime!

cashman 21-09-2012 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 1018354)
Because he's in a privileged position. How many of us get to ride our bicycles through the main gates of Downing Street?

He's used the words, then allegedly lied by denying that he said them.

That's double the crime!

Oh it is, but Jaysay will be on to defend him tomoz.:D

gynn 21-09-2012 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1018356)

Apparently the Daily Mail tomorrow does a demolition job on Andrew Mitchell. Three pages condemning him.

So even Tories supporting him are few and far between.

annesingleton 21-09-2012 23:07

Quote:

Maybe, but we all have our own beliefs whether they are right or wrong to the rest of us - but surely not even Mr. Cameron or his sidekick Mr. Clegg could defend this man's actions?

Alan Varrechia 21-09-2012 23:17

Annie i think you will find it all boils down to 13 years of labour, which i'm sure Jaysay will point out later today. :D:D:D

cmonstanley 21-09-2012 23:36

bullying is his thing as a daily telegraph reporter is reporting;) these tories are a bunch of loonies cavorting with the christian right in america should tell us this:eek:

MargaretR 21-09-2012 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1018359)
Maybe, but we all have our own beliefs whether they are right or wrong to the rest of us - but surely not even Mr. Cameron or his sidekick Mr. Clegg could defend this man's actions?

I have just watched a video on the Guardian website showing Cameron crawling in penitence :D
It would set my teeth if I had them in.

PS (excuse/skip the ad)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/v...-cameron-video

cashman 22-09-2012 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 1018358)
Apparently the Daily Mail tomorrow does a demolition job on Andrew Mitchell. Three pages condemning him.

So even Tories supporting him are few and far between.

Yeh but only cos of damage to the party, Aint cos they think hes wrong.:rolleyes:

jaysay 22-09-2012 08:54

Quote:

Oh it is, but Jaysay will be on to defend him tomorrow.:D

I never have nor never will defend the indefensible, pity people with other political ideals won't do the same:rolleyes:

wallop79 22-09-2012 08:55

Gotta ask who's Andrew Mitchell?

cashman 22-09-2012 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallop79 (Post 1018405)
Gotta ask who's Andrew Mitchell?

Think his username is Mancie.:D