Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bad Drivers In Bad Weather (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bad-drivers-in-bad-weather-63397.html)

Neil 23-01-2013 09:12

Bad Drivers In Bad Weather

1 Attachment(s)
I have seen a few idiots driving over the last few days of snow and ice. Yesterday at 8.30am on my way to Asda a Transit flat back overtook cars in the queue at the Church Commercial lights. He drove down the wrong side of the road past the railway station in Ossy/Church, under the railway bridge and forced his way back into the queue.

This morning while sat in the middle lane at the lights at the bottom of Dill Hall lane coming from Ossy, another Transit flat back, could have been the same one, drove up the empty right hand lane and cut in front of the car sat at the red light in the middle lane. He was sat in the middle of the junction and just set off up Dill Hall Lane when the lights changed.

Again this morning just pat St Mary's School an idiot reversed out of a drive, across the road and started to go up another drive. I thought she was reversing up her drive but no, she was using it to turn her car and set off towards Rhyddings Street. A stupid move and she should obviously reverse up her drive. I was behind her and could not believe her windscreen, it looked like she have scraped her nails down the ice, a few stripes each an inch wide to look through. I followed her down Rhyddings Street and took a picture while stopped for a couple of minutes in the traffic - stupid of me? maybe but we were stopped that long my handbrake was on.

By the time I could safely take a picture her windscreen had started to clear, wish I could have got it at first it was unbelievable. Sorry its out of focus, my phone focussed on the wiggly lines of my heated windscreen.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1358936000

jaysay 23-01-2013 09:51

Re: Bad Drivers In Bad Weather

Just love it if there happens to be a copper knocking about when that happens. I can remember years ago when I worked at shopfitters, we were on our way back from Dover on the duel carriageway, and the traffic was funnelled into one lane and an inevitable snarl up , we were sat there for ages when a car sailed down the coned of lane and just kept going, so you can imagine the smiles from fellow drives when we got a few miles down the road and the police were holding this clown and wouldn't let him carry on, Just love it when that happens

Sunflower49 23-01-2013 10:08

I agree-It is never the actual snow/ice that scares me when driving, it's the idiots who don't know how to drive in it!

cashman 23-01-2013 10:19

I had the rare occasion to pop into ASDA yesterday, on leaving n returning to my car n idiot woman wi 2 kids n elderly mam (i assume she was) pulled out of carpark directly in front of a taxi. which fortunately wasn't tear arsing, the taxi driver had to stop dead, the stupid cow seemed to be nattering to mummy who was sat on back seat wi kids,:eek:

Sunflower49 23-01-2013 10:42

I was driving near St Mary's school and saw some weirdo taking a picture of the car in front's back window... :D

accyman 23-01-2013 12:30

as a rule of thumb in bad weather like we have now if your driving around with a thick layer of snow on your car roof then consider yourself an arsehole and a danger to everyone else.

its a poor do when police have to go on the radio begging for people to show some level of intelligence and clean off their cars before setting off

im not going to say where iv seen them but i have seen police laying in wait for such people and pulling them over

shillelagh 23-01-2013 12:53

1 Attachment(s)
this has been going round facebook ....

Rob249 23-01-2013 13:05

What a stupid thing to do, for the sake of a few minutes to clear her windscreen, this woman is not only risking her insurance being null and void, if she were to have a accident, but more seriously if a child was to step out into the road she wouldnt see them, and the consequences could be tragic.If it was upto me anyone caught driving like this would have an instant ban and a hefty fine to boot.

Gayle 23-01-2013 13:10

Someone I know did get stopped on Monday and given a £40 spot fine for not clearing the snow off the roof of the car. So they will stop you.

cashman 23-01-2013 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 1038337)
Someone I know did get stopped on Monday and given a £40 spot fine for not clearing the snow off the roof of the car. So they will stop you.

Serves em right.

Gordon Booth 23-01-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 1038337)

It's obviously a sensible thing to do but I'd no idea you were breaking the law if you didn't do it. An avalanche off the roof of the car in front onto your windscreen could make life difficult.

I'm always careful of BMW drivers whatever the weather, they seem to suffer from a collective madness. Has anyone else noticed that?

Less 23-01-2013 15:21

Bad drivers are with us no matter what the weather, at least if you take care and clear your car before setting off, you can spot and avoid the idiots easier when they drive with frost covered windows and you can give them a wide birth, rather than when it's summer and you just have to assume the driver coming towards you is an idiot.

Eric 23-01-2013 15:21

I don't think the weather has much to do with it. Bad drivers are bad whatever the weather and the road conditions ...

It's -25 here right now ... warmed up quite a bit since last nite:D ... some blowing snow ... I think I'll head out to the liquor store for a large bottle of rum:dancedog: ... maybe check out and see how folks are driving.;)

Big Dave 23-01-2013 15:47

Ref No.11 thread by Gordon(BMW's)You'd think that with the cost of a BMW they would be fitted with indicators

Boeing Guy 23-01-2013 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1038343)
I'm always careful of BMW drivers whatever the weather, they seem to suffer from a collective madness. Has anyone else noticed that?

Being a BMW driver myself, I have noticed a collective madness that lies with most makes of cars. My personal hates are, Mums with children in back, young fast male drivers, young female drivers who have too many soft toys on their parcel shelf and/or stickers on their rear window, Mr Company car driver, which there are a lot of BMW 3 series saloons, White or any colour van man, people who drive on the wrong side of the road while overtaking parked cars on their side, most noticiably on Dill Hall Lane, this really annoys me and I love standing my ground and slowing down to a halt, just so they have to as well, to see their faces magic:D

Its funny the difference in reception I get in my car and Mrs BG's car which is a rather large and fast Volvo Estate (the same model the traffic cops use to catch you speeding) I get let out of junctions, smiled at and not cut up ever, something that happens all the time in my car. :confused:

Oh and Big Dave, I have indicators and use them, something many many owners of other makes don't do