Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Carnival - past its sell by date? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/carnival-past-its-sell-by-date-64390.html)

jaysay 19-06-2013 08:25

Re: Carnival - past its sell by date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffberryb77 (Post 1063373)
I see you are trying to get a response out of me. This is normally where things get personal which is a shame. I can't help but feel you have an axe to grind, maybe with me personally.

I apologise for having a different, more optimistic view than you, and for defending people who have put a hell of a lot of effort in.

I will not be dragged down to the level you wish to discuss, as it appears you have a lot of experience.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Thank Christ for that amen:hehetable

cashman 19-06-2013 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffberryb77 (Post 1063373)
I see you are trying to get a response out of me. This is normally where things get personal which is a shame. I can't help but feel you have an axe to grind, maybe with me personally.

I apologise for having a different, more optimistic view than you, and for defending people who have put a hell of a lot of effort in.

I will not be dragged down to the level you wish to discuss, as it appears you have a lot of experience.

And for that reason, I'm out.

I see yeh got a very high opinion of yerself, personally couldn't give a monkeys if yeh respond, cos yeh didn't to a civil suggestion, n as fer n axe to grind wi you personally, why? don't know yeh from adam, :rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 19-06-2013 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47;1063372[COLOR=#444444
**DinG I owe you a pint for plagerising your post**[/COLOR]

'Ere now DtP47, why is this bit in little letters? Should be big, bold & colourful! :D

I'll give you sufficient warning of when I'm turning to never you mind about that. And if it means I get free Beer, well quote away my friend, quote away! ;) :)

DtheP47 19-06-2013 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1063394)
'Ere now DtP47, why is this bit in little letters? Should be big, bold & colourful! :D

I'll give you sufficient warning of when I'm turning to never you mind about that. And if it means I get free Beer, well quote away my friend, quote away! ;) :)

OK DinG a pint for my plagiarising ;) and a pint for not correcting my spelling of said word :D

Taggy 19-06-2013 21:03

How come they don't go along Blackburn Road & past the Market Hall/Town Hall anymore?

Best Regards - Taggy

cashman 19-06-2013 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 1063458)
How come they don't go along Blackburn Road & past the Market Hall/Town Hall anymore?

Best Regards - Taggy

Dunno Taggy, when i was a lad they used to come down Burnley Rd i think.:confused:

Taggy 19-06-2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1063460)
Dunno Taggy, when i was a lad they used to come down Burnley Rd i think.:confused:

I can recall them coming in front of The Market Hall Cashy as I remember standing there watching it & also standing on the corner where The Commercial (Weatherspoons) is. I think they did come down Burnley Road & through the centre & then turn past the Town Hall.

Best Regards - Taggy

lancsdave 19-06-2013 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 1063458)

Best Regards - Taggy

I seem to recall it's all to do with cost of road closures.

Taggy 19-06-2013 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1063462)
I seem to recall it's all to do with cost of road closures.

...the cost to Tesco Dave?

Best Regards - Taggy

Alan Varrechia 19-06-2013 21:26

They would never get down Blackburn rd with all the parked cars in the way. :D:D:D

lancsdave 19-06-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 1063463)
...the cost to Tesco Dave?

Best Regards - Taggy

Somewhere in the complexities of the issue it may well be a factor :D

gpick24 19-06-2013 21:32

I was on one of the floats in early 90`s :o started off on charter street I think, where they used have the fair, down B`burn road, past town hall, up Burnley road. We ended up at back of college on Sandy lane,

Taggy 19-06-2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1063465)
Somewhere in the complexities of the issue it may well be a factor :D

Yep...probably the Main one!;)

Best Regards - Taggy

DtheP47 19-06-2013 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1063460)

Seem to recall back in the day the floats and wagons assembled on Queens Road and headed off from there.

cashman 20-06-2013 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1063479)
Seem to recall back in the day the floats and wagons assembled on Queens Road and headed off from there.

Yeh they did assemble yon, i was living at 14 Burnley Rd back then n used to stand at door n watch em pass.:)