Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Paris Shootings. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/paris-shootings-66925.html)

westendlass 07-01-2015 12:59

Paris Shootings.

Terrible footage coming through on the news channels of the shootings at the offices of a satirical magazine. Nowhere is safe from extremist lunatics anymore, what terrible times we live in. Makes you really feel for the next generation.

Eric 07-01-2015 13:18

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1128764)
Terrible footage coming through on the news channels of the shootings at the offices of a satirical magazine. Nowhere is safe from extremist lunatics anymore, what terrible times we live in. Makes you really feel for the next generation.

You missed out a word: "muslims.";)

DtheP47 07-01-2015 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1128770)
You missed out a word: "muslims.";)

You missed out a word "extremist"

Eric 07-01-2015 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1128772)
You missed out a word "extremist"

Damn ... forgot about that ... how could I do that when there are only millions of them.:rolleyes: Even those muslims who are "moderate" appear unwilling to make little more than token condemnations of "extremists," probably funded by the Saudis, our buddies with all the oil.

And here's another danger:

10,000 People Protest Against Islam in the German City of Dresden

There is probably an ultra-right ... ok, let's call them NAZIs;) ... core to the movement; but ordinary Germans are supporting it because main-stream politicians are unwilling to address the problem ... or even admit that there is a problem. No matter how far the West bends, and in whatever direction, tolerance, reconciliation, dialogue ... all those neat things that work with reasonable people ... are not going to work. If the right, the center, and the left don't sort out the obvious problem, then the ordinary joe will drift towards the lunatic fringe. One can't debate with a devout muslim ... or, for that matter, with a fundamentalist Christian, because one will run headfirst into that brick wall: The "Book" ... the word of God, or Allan. It's fine to argue against the Big Bang; but don't question the authority of the Prime Mover.

cashman 07-01-2015 14:18

Think yeh nailed yon Eric!!, They said it must never happen again, well it sodding well may do.:mad:

Neil 07-01-2015 15:29

I think it will do. Maybe not in my lifetime but definitely in my childrens if it isn't dealt with soon

cashman 07-01-2015 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1128794)
I think it will do. Maybe not in my lifetime but definitely in my childrens if it isn't dealt with soon

Possibly in yours Neil, yeh aint n owd fart like me.

Neil 07-01-2015 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1128796)
Possibly in yours Neil, yeh aint n owd fart like me.

I'm 45 so yes it is very possible.

DaveinGermany 07-01-2015 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1128781)
probably funded by the Saudis,

The "Book" ... the word of God, or Allan.

Not for much longer if they carry on

Islamic State: Terror group make 'first attack' against Saudi Arabia | World | News | Daily Express

And this Allan Geezer? New one on me, where'd he come from then? :D

Guinness 07-01-2015 16:35

Helluva good quote from Salman Rushdie after this senseless attack:-

"Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms.
"This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today.
"I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity.
"'Respect for religion' has become a code phrase meaning 'fear of religion.' Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."

Je Suis Charlie

Less 07-01-2015 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1128804)

It's a new predictive google app, if you type anything that could even slightly be considered as offensive to a minority terrorist group, it's removes you from danger of retalliation by changing the word to something that makes no sense.

As you can tell by the way it has corrupted the above paragraph it is well worth having just for peace of mind and to save checking under your car every morning.

Eric 07-01-2015 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1128804)

Actually comes from an episode of "Little Mosque on the Prairies" ... (Not the other spinoff: "Little Scouse with the Herpes.";):D

Eric 07-01-2015 17:51

Watching this stuff on CBC ... there was an interview with a Quebec journalist ... (from the French part of Canada, eh) ... turns out that CBC is not showing the cartoons because it may offend muslims ... like who gives a flying [deleted] ... However, the cartoons are being shown on Radio Canada (say that with a French accent), which is, strangely, the CBC in Quebec. In my opinion, "respect for the sensitivities of Muslims" has become a kind of euphemism for "fear of violent retaliation."

Oh ... almost forgot: "Vive le Quebec."

On a related story: Canada has agreed to take another 10,000 Syrian refugees.

Guinness 07-01-2015 21:15

1 Attachment(s)
Speaks volumes

cashman 09-01-2015 13:47

Feel really sorry fer the French, They got these evil gits cornered in a building it seems, But its a no-win situation, With em having a hostage, the likelyhood is they will top him n die fighting the police, seen as how the thick gets regard death as honourable.:rolleyes: I hope that aint the case, but think its likely.:(