Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Photographs of Royal Babies (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/photographs-of-royal-babies-67556.html)

hyndburner 14-08-2015 21:38

Photographs of Royal Babies

Could the reason that paparazzi are hiding in cars trying to take pictures of royal toddlers have something to do with the woeful lack of 'official' pictures that are issued?

My niece has been flooding Facebook virtually every day for the last six months with snaps of her sprog. Never once has it been suggested that the kid's childhood is being sacrificed.

Why not issue a few 'official' photos every few days? 99.9% of the papers will soon get bored and not bother to print them all, and the sad 'Hello' readers will get their regular dose of pictures to bill and coo over.

And it will make fuzzy pictures taken from half a mile away though a long range lens completely worthless.

Just a thought!

Accyexplorer 14-08-2015 21:58

Re: Photographs of Royal Babies

To me ,their just like breeding pandas at the Zoo,I don't see what the fuss is about....

..but I don't like the monarchy or babies ;)

cashman 14-08-2015 22:29

I reckon the TV reality shows have bred the kind of sad gets that are interested in stuff like this, its a whole new Skanker.:D

Studio25 14-08-2015 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1147748)
I reckon the TV reality shows have bred the kind of sad gets that are interested in stuff like this...

Nah. My wife predates reality shows, but she laps up all the gossip and photos of the royals.

DaveinGermany 15-08-2015 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyndburner (Post 1147743)
something to do with the woeful lack of 'official' pictures that are issued?

I take it you're one of these folk that crave a weekly dose of these tedious pictures? For me I couldn't care less if it's a royal brat, some celebs latest "look at me, I'm so wonderful" African/Mongol/Asian adoption, or the Chavette down the streets latest addition to her brood of Chardonnays & Tylers. ;)

Ugly, slobbery, scrumpled up little boogers! :D People should be banned from flashing around kid pictures until their little darlings have reached an age somewhere around the teens mark & only then with a certificate attesting to their fledglings full training in, social niceties, impeccable manners & utmost respect for their elders & betters (regardless how crotchety, wrong or grumpy we appear).:s_aim1:

I may well be alone in these thoughts though ........ but I somehow doubt it. :rolleyes:

hyndburner 15-08-2015 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1147765)
I take it you're one of these folk that crave a weekly dose of these tedious pictures?

Not at all. You missed my point.

There are PLENTY of people who DO crave them. So rather than moaning at people trying to get pictures of the kids, the easy thing to do is flood them with 'official' pictures. Do what every other parent with a Facebook Account is doing these days.

That way you keep control of the situation, and make paparazzi pictures worthless.

DaveinGermany 15-08-2015 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyndburner (Post 1147772)
Not at all. You missed my point.

Oh Cointreau mong cherry! (that's frog speak that is ;)) I merely applied a smidgeon of humour to the discussion, which, by the way seems to have bypassed your good self. Ah well, some folk I suppose must be serious so's the rest of us don't have to be. :)

Michael1954 15-08-2015 13:43

Why does Camilla wear big hats?

cashman 15-08-2015 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1147797)

Probably to take attention away from her face.:D

DaveinGermany 15-08-2015 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1147800)
Probably to take attention away from her face.:D

I get this image of a Bulldog licking pish from a thistle, for some obscure reason. :D

Eric 15-08-2015 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1147803)
I get this image of a Bulldog licking pish from a thistle, for some obscure reason. :D

Gotta admit it; that broad is double coyote ugly.;)

Margaret Pilkington 15-08-2015 19:37

Parents have a right to decide if they want pictures of their children published.
Recently at a school sports day parents were banned from taking pictures of events...yet these same parents put pictures of their children on social media.

Prince William and Kate do not want their children in the public eye.....They do not court publicity by using their children.....unlike so called celebs.....who court publicity most of the time.
This gives the media the feeling that it is ok to take any pictures they like....But the Royals do not do this. They want to keep their children's lives away from the public gaze. (A bit like those parents who didn't want their children to be in the sports day pictures)
Personally, I have very little interest in babies or children.....and certainly would not buy a magazine to get a look at these children.

hyndburner 16-08-2015 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1147797)

My grandma used to say 'If you can't fight, wear a big hat".

Does that help??

Barrie Yates 16-08-2015 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1147794)
Oh Cointreau mong cherry! (that's frog speak that is ;)) I merely applied a smidgeon of humour to the discussion, which, by the way seems to have bypassed your good self. Ah well, some folk I suppose must be serious so's the rest of us don't have to be. :)

Easier to understand than when you speak scouse:D

DaveinGermany 16-08-2015 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1147859)
Easier to understand than when you speak scouse:D

'Ere! that's Scouscist that is! I want compo now, cos you've trampled me 'uhman rights! :D