Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   F.I.F.A & Poppies (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/f-i-f-a-and-poppies-68631.html)

Rowlf 02-11-2016 17:11

F.I.F.A & Poppies

I hope the F.A. ignore F.I.F.A s ruling that the England and Welsh teams who play each other next week cannot wear poppies on their strips. They say it is against the rules. Well rules were made to be broken. It is not like the poppy is a symbol of any political organisation. I think F.I.F.A. should stop and consider what the poppy really stands for and if it were not for the men that are remembered with them they would probably not exist. The F.A. should put extra large poppies on the shirts and put two fingers up to this outrageous ruling.

cashman 02-11-2016 17:34

Re: F.I.F.A & Poppies

FIFA only know about back handers and money fiddling. I have signed a petition about this matter, The bitch now running FIFA makes Blatter look sensible.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 02-11-2016 17:47

What would FIFA do if the teams had the poppy emblem printed on their shirts?
Would they call off the game, declare the result invalid, banish the teams to the edges of the world???
My guess is none of these and if I were managing the teams I would do exactly that....have the shirts printed with the biggest poppy they would take.(front and back)
The men who gave their lives in the defence of our country should be honoured and it is only a coward who would be cowed by this decision.
I have signed the petition too....not that I think it will do much good.

cashman 02-11-2016 18:17

From how i understand it Margaret the F.A. will be fined if they do not obey these cretins, and they aint got the balls to defy em is my guess. i also dont think my signature will make any difference, but doing nowt aint an option in my book,

Less 02-11-2016 18:24

Wasn't there something like this a couple of years ago?

I seem to remember a similar storm but in a different tea cup.

Those men faught for freedom, gave their lives for freedom of thought and freedom of action, their lives will have been wasted if people can't choose when or where they commemorate those sacrificed to give us all free will.
:mad:

cashman 02-11-2016 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1180423)
Wasn't there something like this a couple of years ago?

I seem to remember a similar storm but in a different tea cup.

Those men faught for freedom, gave their lives for freedom of thought and freedom of action, their lives will have been wasted if people can't choose when or where they commemorate those sacrificed to give us all free will.
:mad:

yeh 2011 i think less, but fifa (Blatter) had the sense to relent and let em wear poppies on armbands,this new bitch seems totally stupid going off tonights news interview.

Less 02-11-2016 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1180428)
yeh 2011 i think less, but fifa (Blatter) had the sense to relent and let em wear poppies on armbands,this new bitch seems totally stupid going off tonights news interview.

As you know I don't do football, maybe this is a good reason why I don't, it's supposed to be a game, if they can't play together, without stupid politics, maybe it's time to give up?

Though I would rather continue to ignore the game and have you and others go back to a sensible and friendly way of playing it, after all you are free to choose, thanks to the guys commemorated by the poppy.

cashman 02-11-2016 18:41

The players in general can less, its the dickheads running the show thats the problem, fail to see why football and the fans should pack it in.:confused:

Less 02-11-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1180433)
The players in general can less, its the dickheads running the show thats the problem, fail to see why football and the fans should pack it in.:confused:

I'd meant give up the FIFA malarky not give up your enjoyment of the game.
:)

Margaret Pilkington 02-11-2016 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1180421)
From how i understand it Margaret the F.A. will be fined if they do not obey these cretins, and they aint got the balls to defy em is my guess. i also dont think my signature will make any difference, but doing nowt aint an option in my book,

So the FA will be fined. I will send them a straw to help them suck it up.

Rowlf 02-11-2016 19:52

I too signed the petition. Maybe it will not make a scrap of difference but I feel I have done my bit. Their rule forbids any religious or political emblems .How on earth the poppy can be regarded as either is beyond me. Here's hoping the F.A. will do the right thing and tell the two teams to wear their poppies with pride as they should.

Exile on Spencer St 02-11-2016 20:19

Pleased to hear on Radio 5 tonight that the EFA, SFA, and the WFA will allow players to wear a 'poppy' armband in the forthcoming games.
Quite right.
Don't know how FIFA has the brass neck to pronounce on anything given its status as one of the most corrupt and corrupted 'businesses' in the world.

RainbowSix 03-11-2016 07:58

Does this ban extend to the fans in the stands?
I think anyone trying to tell them not to wear one would get short shift....

It is only because of those that died in the great wars that those players are able to play on that football ground today. So it is in the FA and FIFA's interest to respect those that died so that they can still play games and make money doing so.

DaveinGermany 03-11-2016 08:38

Fifa should just wind their necks in, the issue is no concern of theirs & they should concentrate on getting their own house in order & promoting football & football only, not politics or causes.

The cretin behind the demand, ex minor UN "functionary", of Senegalese origin, what exactly then qualifies her to open her blabbering, non thinking mouth as to how we commemorate our fallen troops?

Hill Walker 03-11-2016 08:46

Dont 'they' remember that quite a few football players signed up and gave their lives in WW1. Pretty poor show if 'they' are not willing to remember 'their own'.