Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Manchester Arena (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/manchester-arena-69173.html)

Less 08-06-2017 18:07

Re: Manchester Arena

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195609)
And there I was hoping you could teach me how to do a 'footballers spit'.(I know you had a misspent youth)

Nope, never had T.B. nor played football.

st06nc2 08-06-2017 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1195599)
Sadly, in discussion with folk today, I think I've met the 95% Graham was referring to!
They either said I can't be arsed to vote or claimed it was too complicated for them and therefore they would vote the way they always do (both labour & tory).

Too complicated all you gotta do is put a flaming cross in a box and put it in another box

st06nc2 08-06-2017 19:22

As a UKIP supporter I had to vote for the better option, henceforth my vote went to the Tories, anything to keep labour out of power and away from the treasury

Less 08-06-2017 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1195615)
Too complicated all you gotta do is put a flaming cross in a box and put it in another box

Nope not complicated at all, it was devised with a cross so that even the illiterate could vote, unfortunately there seem to be many that can't even live up to that standard, (perhaps because they are used to others doing the work for them?)

st06nc2 08-06-2017 20:13

Not even like the voting is only early in morning, so the youth have no reason not to vote. I'm 22 and was 2nd time voting

Less 08-06-2017 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1195619)
Not even like the voting is only early in morning, so the youth have no reason not to vote. I'm 22 and was 2nd time voting

It's not an age thing, many young folk take voting very seriously, as do some folk all the way across the age range, unfortunately we all get bored to death by the complainers of all ages that moan no matter which party runs the country until a day like today, suddenly although they still complain their whining becomes, 'why should I vote, it makes no difference', of course their not voting makes a difference and if they actually got off their backsides and voted it might even make a big difference.

No matter what your age, no matter whom it was you voted for, at least if you make the effort to go to the polling booth and make a cross you are working for your and other peoples future, you can complain about the outcome with a clear conscience.

st06nc2 08-06-2017 20:47

General election 2017: Jeremy Corbyn voters threaten to riot if Labour lose | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Less 08-06-2017 20:54

Sooooo, from this we can assume, one vote, one party or else we will put you against the wall come the revolution?

What a bag of Shiite, aren't we supposed to be uniting against terrorism not condoning it?

st06nc2 08-06-2017 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1195623)
Sooooo, from this we can assume, one vote, one party or else we will put you against the wall come the revolution?

What a bag of Shiite, aren't we supposed to be uniting against terrorism not condoning it?

I'm sure if we leave some humous and a hackey sack out that'll settle the lefty hippies down

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2017 21:13

So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
If it doesn't they will chuck their toys out of the pram...very mature, very grown up.
They don't agree with the majority of the electorate, so they will work to undermine a duly elected government.
Well, let's see what happens.
Maybe the incoming government (if Tory)will pass legislation to deter civil unrest, strikes and the like.
The days of strikes are long past.
People do not want to lose money participating in useless strikes.Strikes which will do nothing to further their cause.
In the long run they cannot see that this will wreck THEIR future...businesses will fold, jobs will go and it will be due to the short sighted stupidity of these morons.

st06nc2 08-06-2017 21:25

Looking like a hung parliament only way Tories will get majority is if they form a coalition with the DUP

monkey hanger 09-06-2017 08:09

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1195627]So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
If it doesn't they will chuck their toys out of the pram...very mature, very grown up.
seems to be the way of the world now. like him or not in the usa trump got elected and what did that bring, loads of protests and that is supposed to be a home of democracy. same with brexit. if you don,t like a vote democratically done then start to stir the manure till you get what you want.

cashman 09-06-2017 08:11

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1195666]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195627)
So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
seems to be the way of the world now. like him or not in the usa trump got elected and what did that bring, loads of protests and that is supposed to be a home of democracy. same with brexit. if you don,t like a vote democratically done then start to stir the manure till you get what you want.

Which demonstrates perfectly,how pathetic some people are.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 10:12

Or as my granny used to say ' they want all their own road and a bag to put it in'!

DaveinGermany 05-08-2017 18:34

Getting back to the theme, British Military veterans marched today through London to demand action against "Muslim terrorism", looking at the MSM, Al Beeb, is significantly "AWOL" in so far as reporting the event ..... no surprise there then!

WATCH: 'Veterans Against Terrorism' Demand Action