Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   This mornings incident in London! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/this-mornings-incident-in-london-70135.html)

cashman 14-08-2018 10:36

This mornings incident in London!

Have been watching the news all morning and the media seem to me to be deliberately skirting the issue!! They are talking about funding the police properly, etc etc, Nothing will ever make us completely safe thats obvious, but the sensible thing to me, is to REMOVE from the country "ALL" the people on their list, of which theres over 3000, and there families from the U'K. if they are already citizens then remove citizenship from them. it wont make uscompletely safe, but "WILL" make people a damn site safer!! thats my view and as far as i'm concerned the best way to improve safety,

cashman 14-08-2018 13:42

Re: This mornings incident in London!

It seems NO Ministers or the P.M. are at the cobra meeting now, not serious enough to recall them from hols, that speaks volumes to me about the state of things in the U.K.:(

Margaret Pilkington 14-08-2018 15:37

I can't give a definitive answer on this.
This might seem appealing but it would be considered a 'knee jerk' reaction.
Both you and I know that the left leaning, loony luvvies would fight something like this tooth and nail.
We know that the current leader of the labour party(despite his foggy memory of events) supports terrorists....even though he says that terrorism has no place in modern society....dialogue being his weapon of choice(jaw jaw never solved anything).

A gut reaction would be to remove all those that the police have on their radar....but that would be like lopping a head off a hydra....ten more would appear.

If the terrorists are British born where would they be sent to?
If we say that they would be sent to the country of their family heritage....what if that country refused to accept them...and knowing that they had radical leanings that might happen.

I think that removing these people would be fraught with difficulties and would be a step on the slippery slope to a police state.....where the police could do as they please if they thought it would rid them of a problem.

Initially I thought that rounding these up and interning them on some remote island would be the answer, but it wouldn't really because in these days of technology they can send their poison anywhere they want.(unless it was an island with no electricity)

And wouldn't this be like a kind of Guantanamo Bay situation....and we know that this received a poor reception the world over....seen as uncivilised.

Maybe confiscation of all the terrorists (and their family assets too)assets might work....but I feel that they would find ways around this.

Cashy, you have asked a question that the wisest person cannot answer.

cashman 14-08-2018 15:44

I know that Margaret but to be honest i do not give a fig what happens to sympathizers of terrorists, i would prefer the lot to be shipped out before more are massacred which i am damn sure will happen again.

Margaret Pilkington 14-08-2018 16:11

Yes, Cashy...I think you are right.
But can you honestly see any political party aligning themselves to such an action?
It would require an act of Parliament to do what you are suggesting.
It is only a very short step to a police state.
The terrorists know this....that there is no acceptable solution so of course they keep on killing.
The gang situation is similar...and this is not being effectively addressed.
Young men feel like the need to fight for something....gang members fight for drug turf....terrorists fight what they consider to be a religious war.
Maybe what should happen is to round them all up...drop them in some inhospitable desert/unfriendly terrain, give them bombs and weapons and let them wipe one another out.
The Manchester bomber was rescued and given sanctuary in our country...I am sure he was helped in every way possible.
Yet he hated the western culture so much he felt it was his duty to murder and maim young girls enjoying a night out at a music concert.

There is no knowing what goes on in the mosques(or outside the mosques) where the seeds of hatred are sown.
There is no knowing the thoughts of these unhappy, twisted young men.

Cashy, I have no answer to your question...and I doubt anyone else has either.

cashman 14-08-2018 17:14

Unless you made an act of terrorism the Death Penalty. let em be Martyrs or whatever these monsters wish to call themselves.

DaveinGermany 15-08-2018 05:08

Removing the creatures from the UK won't bring about significant change, removing them from the face of the world on the other hand ....

cashman 15-08-2018 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1216185)
Removing the creatures from the UK won't bring about significant change, removing them from the face of the world on the other hand ....

I think it could do Dave if "ALL" the family were removed. but would happily top em, but thats even less chance than removal imho.

Margaret Pilkington 15-08-2018 07:58

The perpetrator of this crime is Sudanese.
A migrant who CHOSE to come here. Took on British citizenship, them mows down the innocent people of the country he adopted.

It will take more than just shipping them out Cashy.
It will take the government to devise a properly formulated and policed border policy.
An immigration policy which is robust and looks into the past of every immigrant wishing to be allowed residence.
This must be backed up by legislation that permits removal of the citizenship (and any assets accrued whilst resident here)if it is proved that the terms of it have been breached.

Maybe making the UK a less attractive place to aim for....removing access to benefits, housing, making the incomers have health insurance too. Not allowing access to the NHS services until they have contributed for a minimum of two years.
Making it possible to move here ONLY if you have a job and a sponsor who will be responsible for the immigrants behaviour.
It should also be a given that immigrants should speak English.
These criteria would need to be rigorously upheld for them to have any impact at all.
Even if this were done, it would not deal with those terrorists who were born here.

My gut reaction is that the only safe terrorist is a dead terrorist.
I do not believe that a radicalised person can be de-radicalised...they may tell you that their ideals and values have changed, but NO....it is not proven.

As I said originally Cashy....this question tests the wisdom of Job.

cashman 15-08-2018 08:26

Well aware it will take more than shipping em out, but to me radical is the only way to tackle people like these pieces of crap. one way or another they must be got shut of.

Gremlin 15-08-2018 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1216195)
The perpetrator of this crime is Sudanese.
A migrant who CHOSE to come here. Took on British citizenship, them mows down the innocent people of the country he adopted.

It will take more than just shipping them out Cashy.
It will take the government to devise a properly formulated and policed border policy.
An immigration policy which is robust and looks into the past of every immigrant wishing to be allowed residence.
This must be backed up by legislation that permits removal of the citizenship (and any assets accrued whilst resident here)if it is proved that the terms of it have been breached.

Maybe making the UK a less attractive place to aim for....removing access to benefits, housing, making the incomers have health insurance too. Not allowing access to the NHS services until they have contributed for a minimum of two years.
Making it possible to move here ONLY if you have a job and a sponsor who will be responsible for the immigrants behaviour.
It should also be a given that immigrants should speak English.
These criteria would need to be rigorously upheld for them to have any impact at all.
Even if this were done, it would not deal with those terrorists who were born here.

My gut reaction is that the only safe terrorist is a dead terrorist.
I do not believe that a radicalised person can be de-radicalised...they may tell you that their ideals and values have changed, but NO....it is not proven.

As I said originally Cashy....this question tests the wisdom of Job.

I think MARGARET PILKINGTON would make a good Prime minister.

Margaret Pilkington 15-08-2018 08:48

Thank you for your vote of confidence Russell....but I have not got the book learning to do it and it really is not down to the PM of the country....the PM of the country is led by the nose by unelected senior civil servants.
It is they who formulate policy and then they allow the PM of the day to be the mouthpiece.
I could not be part of such a system...my mouth runs far better than my legs.

cashman 15-08-2018 08:55

Thing is with stopping benefits all well and good, but what about those already here and getting them?if it was a possibility it would take forever to formulate, Get shut or top em sort the rest after.

Margaret Pilkington 15-08-2018 09:43

Cashy, this should already be in place.
As for those already here....well, if it were in my power I would create a task force that would investigate every single one of them....and if they were not meant to be here then they would be on a plane out.
There is absolutely no political appetite to do this because some loony leftie would stand up and shout 'Nazi Tactics'.
We are having these problems because successive governments have neglected border security.
They have not taken the responsibility of knowing WHO is in this country seriously.
It would take legislation to remove the people who are under surveillance right now.
Many of those MAY be British born...so removing those would be doubly difficult.

The idea of removing these terrorists does not diminish the risk very much.Technology means they can provoke an attack from anywhere in the world.

Remember what Enoch Powell said?
He was right....and we are too late to do anything that would really alter things for the better.
What these terrorists want is to take over the country.
Not just our country, but the countries of Europe too.
They want their 7th century ideologies to be implemented over the globe.
You and I are old enough to shrug this off.
It will not be in our lifetime...but it IS coming.

cashman 15-08-2018 10:02

I know successive Governments have been totally useless in being afraid to tackle what in most peoples minds is a genuine major problem, i have NO faith in any of em to do something, The Tories are Gutless, Labour well people stopped voting labour, so Blair invited them, to replace the voters they had lost. so basically we are knackered, but i will never keep my gob shut over it.;)