Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Corona Virus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/corona-virus-70938.html)

monkey hanger 20-03-2020 08:43

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Gremlin;1238395]Boris is asking the whole Country to pull together, seems nobody is listening.

lots are but they do not make good news. like every time in history pulling together does not suit every person as many will be out to make as much money out of it as they can. feel sorry for the bin men when this is over with many having overflowing bins of stuff they did not want anyway. will make christmas look like a savvy shopping expedition.

taddy 20-03-2020 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1238395)
Boris is asking the whole Country to pull together, seems nobody is listening.
I wouldn't like most of the bartstewards behind me in battle.

I have not heard anything from the God Botherers of "any" religion asking the faithfull to stay away from the churches, temples, Mosques etc, may they think that their father will not allow the Corona virus into his home.
I now await the flak and the wrath from above.
Be happy, Your's Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 09:17

Well, the update on Old And Bargains....the plan to devote the first hour to the older folk was not being enforced...neither was there any restrictions on what people were picking up off the shelves...though to be fair there was precious little on the shelves.

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1238399)
I have not heard anything from the God Botherers of "any" religion asking the faithfull to stay away from the churches, temples, Mosques etc, may they think that their father will not allow the Corona virus into his home.
I now await the flak and the wrath from above.
Be happy, Your's Taddy.

Taddy most churches have suspended services....and there will only be five people allowed at any church wedding....the bride and groom, two witnesses and the celebrant.
This rule applies until further notice.
Don't know what the Mosques are doing.

cashman 20-03-2020 09:35

i hear the accy mosques have cancelled todays services.

MITZY 20-03-2020 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238400)
Well, the update on Old And Bargains....the plan to devote the first hour to the older folk was not being enforced...neither was there any restrictions on what people were picking up off the shelves...though to be fair there was precious little on the shelves.

Had Asda delivery this morning ( Had home delivery for a few years) driver said it was same at Asda anybody and everyone was shopping as soon as the doors opened. So much for 1st hour elderly etc only.

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 10:50

It seems that Mosques in the area have cancelled Friday prayers.

AccyMad 20-03-2020 11:01

I went in Aldi around half 10 after work & it was quite calm, certainly not as manic as last Friday & got everything I needed. Yes, there were gaps on the shelves but nothing apocalypse like as I've been told is happening elsewhere.
Only thing I couldn't get was cat litter but that can wait till tomorrow when I've got time to hunt round - that is one thing that's puzzling me though, who on earth stockpiles that!?!

Accertivity 20-03-2020 12:17

You have a fair point. Crazy thing about this virus is the hysteria. People panic already. What more if they reveal the names of the patients. It's what others would do to the remaining suspected people. The things we do because of fear...

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 13:09

Accymad, it seems that there is not much Cat litter about....well not the economy stuff...if you want Catsan then that is available.
I was looking for cat litter too.
I have four cats and they do not toilet outside....they are trained to use a litter box.
This is to protect my neighbours gardens and their children too.
If I see any on my travels I will post it on here.

MITZY 20-03-2020 14:25

Not sure if this belongs here but anyone who does online shopping with Asda the next available delivery slots are 4th April onwards.

AccyMad 20-03-2020 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238408)
Accymad, it seems that there is not much Cat litter about....well not the economy stuff...if you want Catsan then that is available.
I was looking for cat litter too.
I have four cats and they do not toilet outside....they are trained to use a litter box.
This is to protect my neighbours gardens and their children too.
If I see any on my travels I will post it on here.

Thank you, I will do the same- my two girls only use their boxes too - if they go out they cry to come in for a wee bless 'em

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 17:08

Mine too...the best of it is two of them were outside cats...strays...they go out and cry to come in and use the tray.
They have both got used to finer things.

Ryewolf90 20-03-2020 18:26

Now that the gov has told bars, clubs and pubs to close after tonight, alcohol will be the next thing people will be stock piling.

Asda did have some of their own brand cat litter this evening when I went in.

Exile on Spencer St 20-03-2020 19:00

Unlikely to find this on mainstream media, which seems intent on just scaring the beejeebus out of people, but thought this was worth a read.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ed-ventilator/

Talking of the media, I’ve been listening to the PM’s 5 o’clock press briefing this week and, after less than a week, the questions from the assembled journos have already degenerated to the pathetic (e.g. “...are you going to see your mother this weekend, Prime Minister?”). In almost every instance it was abundantly clear that the questions were framed in the hope of extracting a sound bite that will making tomorrow’s headlines.
Can we keep the pubs open and close down the media?