Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Corona Virus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/corona-virus-70938.html)

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 09:34

Re: Corona Virus

It bothers me that those oldies who took the needle yesterday are being lauded as ‘heroes’ today.
Maybe I am being curmudgeonly, but to me a hero is someone put into a situation that is fraught with danger and they either rescue someone or do something equally heroic....so tell me, is the subliminal message here, that there is danger in this action?
If that is what it is then we should be knowing.
If it is just a ploy to get the rest of us to join in.....then, perhaps just a Google Page Ranking stunt...not heroic at all

taddy 09-12-2020 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1247724)
It bothers me that those oldies who took the needle yesterday are being lauded as ‘heroes’ today.
Maybe I am being curmudgeonly, but to me a hero is someone put into a situation that is fraught with danger and they either rescue someone or do something equally heroic....so tell me, is the subliminal message here, that there is danger in this action?
If that is what it is then we should be knowing.
If it is just a ploy to get the rest of us to join in.....then, perhaps just a Google Page Ranking stunt...not heroic at all

Come on Marge, OK, you are entitled to your opinions as is everyone else but don't you think that your N-----s are getting rather twisted, maybe you will change your mind next year if and when the virus has been tamed.
Regards, The Luddite.

monkey hanger 09-12-2020 11:17

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1247724]It bothers me that those oldies who took the needle yesterday are being lauded as ‘heroes’ today.
Maybe I am being curmudgeonly, but to me a hero is someone put into a situation that is fraught with danger and they either rescue someone or do something equally heroic....

if anyother thing there was to put me off getting the jab then this was it. wonder if they will be in line for an award in the next honours list. totally sickening report from start to finish, but what do you expect from 2020. do not want to sound miserable but handpicking people out for a prearranged agenda is not reporting. same with the clapping some did but only with the cameras present.

cashman 09-12-2020 12:42

to be honest think yer both miserable gits, many people are really looking forward to having this vaccine im damn sure those who aint are a MINORITY,

taddy 09-12-2020 12:56

Except for the first eight words I totally agree.

cashman 09-12-2020 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1247736)
Except for the first eight words I totally agree.

why taddy they sure aint happy?

taddy 09-12-2020 13:03

Cos there are ways of speaking and ways of speaking,

taddy 09-12-2020 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247677)
yer old man said the same as mine taddy, tell yeh what made me laugh this morning on news the second person to have the virus injected today was from Warwickshire and was called William Shakespeare, cracked me up did that.

I did notice that Cashy, Made me smile as well.

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1247725)
Come on Marge, OK, you are entitled to your opinions as is everyone else but don't you think that your N-----s are getting rather twisted, maybe you will change your mind next year if and when the virus has been tamed.
Regards, The Luddite.

Thank you Taddy...And no my knickers are not twisted...I'm not wearing any!

I was making a comment as to how the media are trying to brain rinse us.

The virus will be like the flu...it will be with us forever and we will have to learn to live alongside it.
If you are happy to have something that contains a substance not far removed from anti-freeze into your system...then so be it.

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247733)
to be honest think yer both miserable gits, many people are really looking forward to having this vaccine im damn sure those who aint are a MINORITY,

Cashy., don't sugar the pill will you...oh of course I know you tell it like it is and for that Thank you!...you think I am a miserable git....and that there a re many looking forward to this vaccine....I am just ever so glad to be a miserable git because looking forward to soemthing untried and untested on humans is, to my mind anyway, a bit short sighted.
When I say untried and untested...what I mean by that is that we do not know the effects this might have down the line for a virus that is 99.2% survivable

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247737)
why taddy they sure aint happy?

I am not UNHAPPY...just sceptical over the methods used to get the population to roll up their sleeves.

cashman 09-12-2020 13:50

reason i think yer unhappy about this is the fact yeh keep on and on about it, i for one dont need anyone to tell me how to make my own mind up about summat,and im not referring to life in general when i say unhappy.

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 14:30

You are wrong... I am not unhappy, just wary.
You have made up your mind....and that is as it should be.
You do just what is right for you....and in no way am I trying to tell you(or anyone else for that matter) what to do.
I am making a comment....and when comments stop, then this forum dies.

I keep ‘going on’ about it as you put it, because there is NOTHiNG else on the forum to comment about.
Seeing as I know zero about Stanley...other than where the ground is.

Perhaps I should stop commenting on everything.

cashman 09-12-2020 15:40

i would seriously hope yeh never do that margaret,;)it just seemed that way to me, but then i aint bamber gascoinge

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2020 15:49

You do not need to be Bamber Gascogne, only to have a comment and feel comfortable in posting it for others to consider....not to determine what THEY do, but to give an alternative perspective.

All through this thread I think I have been consistent in my views....my opinions, because that is all they are.