Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accrington-web-71645.html)

dotti34 30-04-2021 12:32

Re: Accrington Web

Yes, Margaret - they became so familiar that it felt like the loss of a family member when they passed away. People that you have already mentioned - Susie123, such a brave woman who continued posting right up to the end sharing her journey with us - but never complaining, Jaysay - a real card, always interesting, and of course dear Mick, and the others who we had to say goodbye to.

I, too, wonder what happened to people like Eric - at one time a prolific contributor, who took a break and then never returned. Where is Garinda these days? So many people we got to know, exchanging views with, agreeing with, disagreeing with, having a laugh, good debates.

Margaret Pilkington 30-04-2021 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253415)
take yer time wi them daisies margaret im trying me best too.:D

I hope we are all a long time above the sod.....I like daisies, but in a chain.

Margaret Pilkington 30-04-2021 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1253416)
Yes, Margaret - they became so familiar that it felt like the loss of a family member when they passed away. People that you have already mentioned - Susie123, such a brave woman who continued posting right up to the end sharing her journey with us - but never complaining, Jaysay - a real card, always interesting, and of course dear Mick, and the others who we had to say goodbye to.

I, too, wonder what happened to people like Eric - at one time a prolific contributor, who took a break and then never returned. Where is Garinda these days? So many people we got to know, exchanging views with, agreeing with, disagreeing with, having a laugh, good debates.

That is so true.
Accyweb has always felt like a family...and like families there are ups and downs,
disagreements....but it does not mean that there is any long term grudges.
That is how it should be.

cashman 30-04-2021 15:03

i have to agree accyweb is the best site i ever was on imho.

DaveinGermany 30-04-2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1253390)
to be facetious,(I had to look in my Oxford senior dictionary for that word),

Did that come with a phrasebook filled with those immortais such as :-

"Eh?", "Wheres me teeth", "Eeh me lumbago's geein' me gyp!" & the all time classic "Has thee seen me cream, me grapes is playing up summat fierce!"

:D

dotti34 01-05-2021 06:52

I wonder where Boeing Guy is these days - he used to make some really good and very interesting comments. Jim Proctor as well, turned out his grandmother married my husband's great-grandfather - second marriages, and Jim had lived in the same house with them. He was able to send me photos and lots of information. It was only through my membership on this forum that I 'met' Jim and got this information. My husband hadn't known any of it before.

monkey hanger 01-05-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253420)
i have to agree accyweb is the best site i ever was on imho.

agree. apart from yourself and a couple of others who post about Stanley i do not know or have ever met another poster. having said that i do feel as if i know them. its more like a family than some sites are. in this way small numbers make it better.

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2021 09:06

I also miss Garinda...his blogs were just a joy to read...oh yes and on the subject of blogs Lettie caused me to have a very damp gusset with her stories of her sorting out her bkini line before a holiday...and the Tale of Sparkologist(her beloved) a bowel movement and a knife....in a rented apartment in Malta(I think).
Those episodes are definitely worth seeking out and having a read...especially if you need a smile on your mush.....but be aware Tena pads might be needed.

More please! I really do miss reading about other folks adventures.

Heth...where did Heth go?
The last I heard of Heth was that she was expecting a 'nappy event'...goodness that child could be at school by now.

DaveinGermany 01-05-2021 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253438)
agree. apart from yourself and a couple of others who post about Stanley i do not know or have ever met another poster.

Mate I have & you should thank your lucky stars for that! :s_aim1:

Stevie R 01-05-2021 21:38

Dotti was asking about Eric,sadly Eric died about 3 years ago.

dotti34 01-05-2021 22:34

Oh, that is so sad. He was like a breath of fresh wind with some of his comments, I really am sorry to hear this.

lettie 02-05-2021 07:53

Awww, Margaret... I always loved reading the blogs too. I used to laugh out loud at yours and Garinda's :-)

cashman 02-05-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 1253497)

very sad to hear eric aint with us always wondered where he was.:(

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 1253497)

I thought he might have left us as he used to write to me and tell me of the pets....and the stray animals that he used to feed and look after.
All that stopped just before I lost Ma.
Rest in Peace Eric....the fur people will have missed your kindness.

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 1253501)
Awww, Margaret... I always loved reading the blogs too. I used to laugh out loud at yours and Garinda's :-)

Thank you Lettie...your own blogs were a delight to read too.
It was lovely to hear the stories...past and present, of other members.
Often it would loosen the memory stones in the brains of others....and it was every bit as good as getting a book out of the library.
The sharing of life events too.
Like Mez and her sad loss of her grandson Dan....those things made you look at what you considered to be your ‘trials’ and these were really put into perspective.

These days, there is only me and Dotti’s who participate in writing blogs....but we do get comments.
I would love to see more people writing about their past, their memories...but everyone seems too busy.

I do not write anywhere near as much.
Ma is no longer here, so less funny stories from that quarter....and the current situation has meant not even a bus ride.