Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Camilla - Charles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/camilla-charles-7718.html)

simon 10-02-2005 08:24

Camilla - Charles

Just announced they are to marry quickly :eek: April 6th ish??

What do you think? I personally do not like it, because this is the women that helped make Princess Dianna's life miserable. And how will the boys look at there new Step Mum?? After she split up Mum and Dad????

Lot of legal issues to sort out as well?? QUEEN???

Tealeaf 10-02-2005 08:30

Re: Camilla - Charles

i don't think we've had a Queen Camilla before. I like the words "marry quickly". Do you think she's pregnant?

-pixie 10-02-2005 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon
Just announced they are to marry quickly :eek: April 6th ish??

What do you think? I personally do not like it, because this is the women that helped make Princess Dianna's life miserable. And how will the boys look at there new Step Mum?? After she split up Mum and Dad????

Lot of legal issues to sort out as well?? QUEEN???

They'll probably make her Kings consort if anything.
I personally don't see what the fuss is about. Or what Princess Di has to do with anything. Shes been dead for long enough and besides she wasn't exactly an angel herself was she?
All the bleeding hearts will be on parade till then and I suppose we will be stuck with the channels showing "Di" footage in protest.:rolleyes:

slinky 10-02-2005 08:40

yep I have to agree with you pixie, leave em too it I say.
Quote:

Originally Posted by -pixie
They'll probably make her Kings consort if anything.
I personally don't see what the fuss is about. Or what Princess Di has to do with anything. Shes been dead for long enough and besides she wasn't exactly an angel herself was she?
All the bleeding hearts will be on parade till then and I suppose we will be stuck with the channels showing "Di" footage in protest.:rolleyes:

-pixie 10-02-2005 08:43

I'm just not looking forward to all the Di fanatics that will be out and about till then. For goodness sake she was a deranged slapper, who was a bit posher than the rest of us allegedly, not a freakin saint.
I'm no big fan of Charles and Camilla either, just live and let live.

vorlon24 10-02-2005 08:45

Well said Pixie!

Cafu01 10-02-2005 09:41

well said pixie

Tinkerbelle 10-02-2005 11:50

Well said pixie! Leave them to it everybody deserves happiness, nobody can help who they fall in love with. They say they are soul mates so good on them and congratulations hope it all works out fine and they spend many happy years together.

mez 10-02-2005 11:51

WELL i must say i have to AGREE with you pixie, and i think its time they left him (charles) alone to have a bit of happiness, one would assume that the boys are quite well adjusted now to the fact that their dad has a woman. i wish them both all the best.

Tealeaf 10-02-2005 12:02

Yep, this is the best news of the year so far....I've just been out and ordered my XL size Royal Wedding 2005 T-Shirt (Geddit!!!). I'll also be saving up to get my Royal Doulton 36-piece China set, with lovely piccys of the bride and groom, a special keepsake that will be treasured down the years to come.

I wonder.....do you think the AccyWeb should have a street party with balloons and trifle and similar things? I do hope the date is'nt Wednesday 6th April, because its daft having a public holiday in the middle of the week, unless, of course, they're going to give us the entire week off in celebration, which I doubt will happen, so a friday or a monday will be best so we can all have a long weekend.

God bless the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janet 10-02-2005 12:37

I am surprised the Queen has given her blessing after all this time.
Maybe she is thinking of giving up the throne in a couple of years and wants to see Charles wed first.

fireman 10-02-2005 12:39

No Definately Not We Will As Tax Payers Be Paying Enough Towards The Wedding Ie. Policing, Bringing In And Bending Over Backwards For Visiting Heads Of State Why Dont They Just Do What Many Other People Do On The Second Time Round, B....r Off To The Register Office Without A Fuss And Spare Us All The Expence.

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 14:45

He should have married her in the first place and saved a lot of anguish for Diana.
But God, the kids would have been ugly!!!!!! I hope they don't make a big fuss about it. And I don't think the queen will ever abdicate in favour of weak kneed Charles.

accyplus 10-02-2005 15:06

Whats the odds Diane,s family will be invited,?.

lettie 10-02-2005 15:19

Camilla has been on the scene since way before Diana, who let's face it was probably an arranged marriage which everyone pretends doesn't happen but we all know it does. At least the kids inherited their mothers looks, I hope they didn't inherit her manipulative personality. I know Camilla isn't pretty but our Charlie is no Brad Pitt either is he......:D
I wish them well.