Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How many days would you recommend for detention?
7 days of detention. 0 0%
14 days of detention. 0 0%
28 days of detention. 0 0%
45 days of detention. 0 0%
90 days of detention. 2 40.00%
90+ days of detention. 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 16:21   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 90 days detention

Just looked at the Voting and heres a surprise with a No Vote a certain Jerry Adams you would have thought he would have voted against it, also Paisley voted for it! it a strange world when 2 ex, and I use the word loosely, terrorists vote on a matter like this.
The full list of voters
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005520222,00.html

Last edited by Bazf; 10-11-2005 at 16:56.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2005, 17:24   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
One problem is that this bill would give them power to detain ANYONE who spoke against them for three months without charge. Remember that old bloke at the party conference? Yep they could have stuck him away till after Xmas with absolutely no charge or comeback just for disagreeing with Straw. Whilst I agree that we should be vigilant against terrorists you can't go locking people up for no reason. there lies the stuff of horror stories.
Indeed. I totaly agree with the 90day terrorism bill (even if I do detest Blair, but no point voting against him for the hell of it when hes actualy talking sense)

BUT measures have to be put in so that the police can't abuse the terrorism act, the prime example of it is of course the guy at the labour party conference who was held under the terrorism act. Completly unapropriate and quite frankly an abuse of power.
Old 10-11-2005, 17:27   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Indeed. I totaly agree with the 90day terrorism bill (even if I do detest Blair, but no point voting against him for the hell of it when hes actualy talking sense)

BUT measures have to be put in so that the police can't abuse the terrorism act, the prime example of it is of course the guy at the labour party conference who was held under the terrorism act. Completly unapropriate and quite frankly an abuse of power.
It's a pity the Tory's who voted against the bill didn't agree with you. Using this to score political points was a definite vote looser for your party.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 17:52   #34
God Member

Personally, I think that it is disgraceful that British MP's should be more concerned over the human rights of a minority of terroist scum than concerned with national security and the protection of the lives of law-abiding, tax-paying British citizens.

It just goes to prove, yet again, how removed from everyday reality these people really are. As for Pope, he will do whatever the government tell him to do; rebels go to the back of the queue when preferment is being considered.
Old 10-11-2005, 18:25   #35
Member.

Greg Pope!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well. That just goes to show that mountain air is not that good for the grey bit between the ears. When tealeaf asked how Pope have voted I got confused and was trying to fathom what the hell the Pope had to do with it

I'm not joking

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 18:26   #36
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Personally, I think that it is disgraceful that British MP's should be more concerned over the human rights of a minority of terroist scum than concerned with national security and the protection of the lives of law-abiding, tax-paying British citizens.

It just goes to prove, yet again, how removed from everyday reality these people really are. As for Pope, he will do whatever the government tell him to do; rebels go to the back of the queue when preferment is being considered.
I totally agree with you A-B.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 22:14   #37
Senior Member+

Heres the first one on his way back, good old Greg, he might even move to Accy what would our leader do then?.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005520291,00.html

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 22:18   #38
Give, give, give member

He'll probably even get his benefits back dated.

Old 10-11-2005, 22:46   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Heres the first one on his way back, good old Greg, he might even move to Accy what would our leader do then?.
that took me unawares bazf-didn't take you for a sun reader.
Old 11-11-2005, 00:00   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It's a pity the Tory's who voted against the bill didn't agree with you. Using this to score political points was a definite vote looser for your party.
Yup, I dont get it and quite surprised at the way they voted considering what the prospective leaders have been saying..
Old 11-11-2005, 01:08   #41
God Member

End result of this mad preachers will return.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:20   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
even he prefers our country to the sh1t hole hes been living in.

wheres he going to live when hes blown up this country the hypocryt
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:36   #43
Senior Member+

greg voted for this bill right???

that means he supported this bill
Old 11-11-2005, 08:49   #44
Give, give, give member

Yes Greg Pope supported the bill, and voted with the Prime Minister.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:56   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr

I quite agree though of course it was not the Police that detained him rather the cronies hired as security men by the Labour party for the conference. The man in question (the detainee) was advised to sue the Labour party for security guards do not have the right to detain only remove!

Though as as been proven the case many times already, Blair considers himself above the law!
Bad-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..