Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2006, 10:29   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a good way to lose trade?

a friend of mine was up at winfields this morning at about 10-30, went in,selected what was required,went to the counter to pay to be told sorry we cannot serve you till 11-00 it was 10-45, sunday trading laws, with that he dumped the gear on the counter and left,never to return. i think this is nuts,i can understand the rules it would probably register the time on the till? but if the doors were closed until 11-00, people could accept this, but to be allowed in unaware to shop, this will surely lose the dummies trade?
Old 30-07-2006, 10:42   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: a good way to lose trade?

Well someone has there facts wrong check this link for sunday trading.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/Fact...page24703.html
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 10:42   #3

they dont expect people to only take an half an hour to find something they want, its a subtle plan to make you go back round the place and be tempted by other stuff as well...
sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 10:49   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick

I think the point is that the tills are only open for 6 hours, the shop is open for 7

"Sunday - Opening for 6 continual hours only, between 10am and 6pm" from your link

"Sunday 11:00am - 5:00pm" from the Winfields website
sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 13:34   #5

I had my first job there when I left school.... errrrr some time ago: however:
before they had got all the cctv installed... and they only had the one big store: my job was to watch for people who may try to nick shoes... I was not allowed to talk to the customers , even if they asked for help: I was to walk up and down putting all the shoes back on the racks....
If you wanted the loo , you were to put up your hand and wait for someone to come and get you....

I only lasted half a day and have never been back since....and to this day, I will never buy shoes that are tied together with string:
yone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 15:42   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick

cheers for that mick,will print that off,go up to winfields next week and rip the SH*T out of the manager. youve made cashys day lol just an afterthought?the law states opening for 6 continual hours only,between 10 -6 if they open at 11, they can stay open till 5? but if they open at 10-00 and not trading is that a loophole?

Last edited by cashman; 30-07-2006 at 15:56.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 18:00   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yone
If you wanted the loo , you were to put up your hand and wait for someone to come and get you....
pfft i woulda grabbed the nearest wellington boot and used that ..

size 9 should do the job nicely

sidenote

do not use flipflops
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 18:23   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
pfft i woulda grabbed the nearest wellington boot and used that ..

size 9 should do the job nicely

sidenote

do not use flipflops
That you encouraging squat and squirt? To think the shop might have kids in browsing and they might be shocked at these antics. Terrible terrible terrible but nice thought.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 18:44   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
That you encouraging squat and squirt?
you may use the squat and squirt method spuggie but i certainly do not

although to be fair i am equiped with a ...

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 18:53   #10

I use a whiz when out hill walking :-) ladies only :-)
yone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 19:00   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
you may use the squat and squirt method spuggie but i certainly do not

although to be fair i am equiped with a ...

Well I always thought that taking a single fish was meant to be natural so yes I am equipped as such. Still cant grasp why a place of employment treated empoyee's like school kids.

Do they have a Thomas at Whinfields??

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 12:04   #12

We open at 10.00am on Sunday at Oswaldtwistle Mills, but arent allowed to process anything through the tills until 11.00am, due to the trading laws. Yesterday, a customer was waiting at the till from 10.55am and I was stood, waiting for the till clock to hit 11. I felt such an idiot, but suppose it has to be done..
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 12:06   #13
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
a friend of mine was up at winfields this morning at about 10-30, went in,selected what was required,went to the counter to pay to be told sorry we cannot serve you till 11-00 it was 10-45, sunday trading laws, with that he dumped the gear on the counter and left,never to return. i think this is nuts,i can understand the rules it would probably register the time on the till? but if the doors were closed until 11-00, people could accept this, but to be allowed in unaware to shop, this will surely lose the dummies trade?
Agreed!!
If they cannot serve until 11:00am then they shouldn't open the bloody doors till then

Dexster is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..