Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 10:00   #76
God Member

Re: A minimum price on alcohol???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Sadly not,that is a proposed minimum price so It would put my cans of John Smiths smooth up to around £1 a pint..
Robbed I say robbed. We need a Robin Hood to sort out this injustice.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2010, 10:16   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Bet they would be sure not to target expensive fine wines ports sherry and spirits.

The illegal homebrew selling is around and doing well up here. The stuff has the kick of a giraffe gives a hangover that hell cant match and kills all sense of taste. It is not just beer and ale either. Wild sloe berry gin is as far as they go in the spirits side though.
Oh come on Spuggs what the hell difference is it going to make to the price of fine wines ports sherry and spirits, if your paying £50 for a bottle of wine your already paying well over 50p a unit already, so I won't be cutting down
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The labour grass roots care, the rest are no differant to the scum in power, so basically its all a shining example of why i say stuff em all.
Ya have a way with words cashy
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh come on Spuggs what the hell difference is it going to make to the price of fine wines ports sherry and spirits, if your paying £50 for a bottle of wine your already paying well over 50p a unit already, so I won't be cutting down
Was a thought that popped in my head. Dangerous I know.

Besides I couldnt afford £50 for a bottle of plonk even if I was allowed to drink.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:25   #80
God Member

Quote:
The labour grass roots care, the rest are no differant to the scum in power, so basically its all a shining example of why i say stuff em all.

Would that be with C4 and a short fuse?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Was a thought that popped in my head. Dangerous I know.

Besides I couldnt afford £50 for a bottle of plonk even if I was allowed to drink.
yeh spugs but thats peanuts to them torys.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yeh spugs but thats peanuts to them torys.
I'll pour you a glass next time I see you
Old 07-08-2010, 10:36   #83
God Member

Quote:
I'll pour you a glass next time I see you
There is an offer not to be refused cashy.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:43   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There is an offer not to be refused cashy.
Just one thing there Spuggs I know cashy don't drink so I'l have to neck it myself
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52   #85
God Member

Quote:
Just one thing there Spuggs I know cashy don't drink so I'l have to neck it myself

Better that than it going to waste.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:37   #86
Senior Member+

I love the way these threads start off on one subject and then wander about.It makes them more interesting For a while we got serious and nobody cared about my whinging about my tinnies,now we're lightening up again.
To get serious again there is one problem we haven't touched-Sexually Transmitted Diseases.There has been a big rise of STD in one particular age group-yes, the 16 to 24 group.And it has been seen as connected to the drink culture.
As Marjory says,the drink and drug problem may be partly youthfull rebellion against the older generations.We all did it-mine was girls my mother didn't approve of,rock and roll and riding motorbikes like a fool. So hopefully the young ones may grow out of the drink/drugs phase.
But they WON'T grow out of HIV and some of the other STD's, they'll have them for life.Even the cureable ones can leave after effects.And that IS sad
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42   #87
Senior Member+

And before somebody says 'We don't WANT to touch an STD'-yes, I can see that one coming.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 14:47   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
And before somebody says 'We don't WANT to touch an STD'-yes, I can see that one coming.

Why its not just broken bones sore heads and an addiction that any changes to booze and its control might reduce. There is everything from personal cost to what it costs the country as a whole with the effect it has. There is more to the issue than the 10 bob a unit proposal.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 15:10   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well Gordon you've got to admit STDs weren't of great concern when we were young, the most you could end up with in those days was the clap or crabs, lucky I managed to miss these nasty little things. Its different today especially since the onset the HIV in the 80s and other things like chlamydia
Old 07-08-2010, 16:21   #90
God Member

I was under the impression that drunkeness limited a man's capacity
.....which would result in involuntary contraception

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..