Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 17:57   #1
Senior Member+

A new shop (not)

Just when you thought we might get summat new and interesting in our old Music Zone.....guess what...it's Carphone Warehouse ! Moving from Union St to bigger premises. That leaves another empty unit on Union Street;it's like musical chairs ! And the rent on the new unit will be much higher;obviously loads of dosh to be made from mobiles.
Old 29-05-2007, 18:21   #2

Re: A new shop (not)

Tut. Typical. I hated it when Music Zone closed... I have no where to sent customers that come in asking for CD's and DVD's that we don't have!!! Grrr...Car Phone Warehouse...what a jip.
Lea
xXx
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 18:48   #3
God Member

Thats another shop we have too many of, I know they are only relocating but does that make 5 in Accy or are there more?
Old 30-05-2007, 08:34   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

what a load of crap. we need a proper toy shop in accy, theres only woolies and argos, stuff the phone shops!!...no wonder i mostly go else where, accy is getting into a joke!!
Old 30-05-2007, 09:58   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy View Post
Tut. Typical. I hated it when Music Zone closed... I have no where to sent customers that come in asking for CD's and DVD's that we don't have!!! Grrr...Car Phone Warehouse...what a jip.
Lea
xXx
Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more

But seriously, people should get a say in things. I really don't want another phone shop, the best deals are direct from the operator through the internet, so if they do a better deal i'd rather get it from the net. E.g. I bought a contract from o2 shop, and discovered I got 100 extra minutes and 400extra texts for cheaper if I had done it online, and they won't switch you.

Another example is PC World, if you order from the internet and just select "collect in store" and collect it an hour later, you save 10% off the instore price. Seems rather cheaky to be making people pay extra for not having the internet.

Last edited by andrewb; 30-05-2007 at 10:01.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 10:01   #6
I am Banned

Accy is a joke these days - tis bad when local folk are critising their own town

There are 5 mobile shops in accy itself!! I was gutted when Currys left the town - another loss of electrical retailers locally - now only argos, no Pc chain shops as such & reputable toy retailers now aka poundshop.

Accy is going to the dogs when will the council wake up!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 10:03   #7
God Member

My post was a bit of a rant really, what im trying to say is we need to start being selective about the businesses we want in our town. Another mobile shop giving rent to the council (its them who own the building isnt it? :S) might be a good thing, but its not really a good thing for you and me. Well at least I would rather have something different.
Old 30-05-2007, 11:08   #8
Senior Member+

Great news another phone shop in the centre, surely that will bring the shoppers in from far and wide.

Accy is a joke and there is really no incentive for someone to open a shop in the centre really (as in a independant retailer) as they just get smashed by the rates charges.
Old 30-05-2007, 12:10   #9
Give, give, give member

Who the hell is buying all these phones, to justify having all these shops?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 12:24   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
what a load of crap. we need a proper toy shop in accy, theres only woolies and argos, stuff the phone shops!!...no wonder i mostly go else where, accy is getting into a joke!!
oh yes my little `uns would love that!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 15:43   #11
Senior Member+

Instead of spending money on a new shop why don't they train their staff!!

Not the Accy staff, Carphone Warehouse staff in general are awful. My cousin has been having problems with them for months! Its funny how they can take money out of your bank account in minutes, but when they've made a mistake and you need a refund it takes a week to put back into your account!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 17:49   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Who the hell is buying all these phones, to justify having all these shops?
Well all the chavs and chavettes have to spend the money they get of the state somewere.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 19:45   #13
Senior Member+

too many discount shoe shops too!!
Old 30-05-2007, 21:12   #14
Senior Member+

It really pains me that we have no music store in Accy;if I had the money I would do it on my own,I have a new career now but after 20+ selling music and dvd I am finding it difficult to get as enthusiastic about health and beauty as I was about music. Plus I find it weird to have to work in a quiet environment;though what's left of my hearing will no doubt benefit!
Old 30-05-2007, 21:51   #15
Resting in Peace

How many empty shops are there now around the town centre?

Magpie
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..