Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 13:13   #1
God Member

A typical little boy

Not that I needed any more evidence - the dirty (and scabby knees), his inability to persuade his socks to find the washing basket, his love of breaking things to see how they work and his love of toys that transform into other toys - my son has proved this morning once and for all that he is a typical little boy.

For the first time, since the beginning of September he expressed an interest in actually going to school. To put this in to context, he went on the first day in September and then has told me on an almost daily basis that he's either too sick to go or that he doesn't need to go because he knows enough. Anyway, today he leapt out of bed, got dressed, ate his breakfast all without the slightest of fuss.

What made him so enthusiastic?

His teacher had told them that they were going on a snail hunt today. They were digging about in the courtyard garden to clear out all the snails. Now is that the sign of a typical little boy or what?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2007, 13:19   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: A typical little boy

LOL...i too have a little boy like that, 100% boy!!
loves to get dirty, runs about with his shirt hanging out, and mucky hands all the time, not to mention the dirty face!, but i wounldnt change him for alll the world!
Old 04-07-2007, 13:50   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Not that I needed any more evidence - the dirty (and scabby knees), his inability to persuade his socks to find the washing basket, his love of breaking things to see how they work and his love of toys that transform into other toys - my son has proved this morning once and for all that he is a typical little boy.

For the first time, since the beginning of September he expressed an interest in actually going to school. To put this in to context, he went on the first day in September and then has told me on an almost daily basis that he's either too sick to go or that he doesn't need to go because he knows enough. Anyway, today he leapt out of bed, got dressed, ate his breakfast all without the slightest of fuss.

What made him so enthusiastic?

His teacher had told them that they were going on a snail hunt today. They were digging about in the courtyard garden to clear out all the snails. Now is that the sign of a typical little boy or what?
Either that or he has taken a shine to a pretty little girl with curls

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:20   #4
God Member

I think that most little boys know instinctively that getting ones arse tanned is a small price to pay for the joys of childhood.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:36   #5
God Member

Heh Royboy, Siobhans got curls and has no problems getting teh lads already (She's 2 BTW)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Heh Royboy, Siobhans got curls and has no problems getting teh lads already (She's 2 BTW)
I have a Grandson who's 8.
He's on 'Spring watch'.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:51   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

now thats what i call a PROPER little lad Gayle.
Old 04-07-2007, 15:22   #8
God Member

Sounds like a proper lad Gayle.
Old 04-07-2007, 16:34   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I though you were talking about Chris at first Gayle.

I am sure you noticed my Tom got dirty yesterday just looking at the wet field never mind when he stomped across it.
Old 04-07-2007, 16:47   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

My lad was similar to that when he was young, but his sister was, (most of the time), the exact opposite, if she got dirty she would run home wash and change her clothes, her mum was constantly washing, drying and ironing just to keep up with her.

She seemed like a perfect child until at around the age of 10, we had a knock on the door, it was an irate mother with a 12 year old boy in tears, (they had recently moved onto our street so we didn't know them), the mother was complaining because her lad had been attacked by my daughter.

Now this lad was big for his age, my daughter has always been very small even now I don't think she managed to grow to five foot! I called her in and asked what had been happening, (this was in front of the mother she had never seen our Jen' before) My lass explained that ever since this lad had moved onto the street whenever she came home from school he would threaten to beat her up, so that day she got angry and told him to do his worse, he attacked and she left him lying there feeling very sorry for himself.

The Mother looked at Jen' then at her lad, clouted him around the ear and dragged him away, not because he had been bullying, but because he had been beaten up by such a little girl.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 16:54   #11
God Member

My brother wont touch grass, cries at dropping a smartie, shouts at boys playing football and whinges at the slightest bit of slop on him during dinner time, though doesnt care about it getting all over the carpet.

He's two and the exact opposite of your typical boy and is afraid of loud toys like fire trucks, police cars etc. Don't know who he gets it from
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 17:39   #12
Accrington Web Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
My lad was similar to that when he was young, but his sister was, (most of the time), the exact opposite, if she got dirty she would run home wash and change her clothes, her mum was constantly washing, drying and ironing just to keep up with her.

She seemed like a perfect child until at around the age of 10, we had a knock on the door, it was an irate mother with a 12 year old boy in tears, (they had recently moved onto our street so we didn't know them), the mother was complaining because her lad had been attacked by my daughter.

Now this lad was big for his age, my daughter has always been very small even now I don't think she managed to grow to five foot! I called her in and asked what had been happening, (this was in front of the mother she had never seen our Jen' before) My lass explained that ever since this lad had moved onto the street whenever she came home from school he would threaten to beat her up, so that day she got angry and told him to do his worse, he attacked and she left him lying there feeling very sorry for himself.

The Mother looked at Jen' then at her lad, clouted him around the ear and dragged him away, not because he had been bullying, but because he had been beaten up by such a little girl.
I was involved in a similar incident when I was in my 1st year of secondary school and a lad from the 3rd year kicked a football in my face....he ended up a bit embarrassed in front of his friends when I floored him too!!!

Fortunately, I grew out of beating up big boys (I also grew out of my obsession with cleanliness!!!)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 21:52   #13
Resting in Peace

I hope he had all the right kit on to get these snails... health and safety and all that... hope he had gloves and did not touch or eat any of them...
oh and what about the rights for snails.... hope they found good homes for them all ....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 21:53   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
I hope he had all the right kit on to get these snails... health and safety and all that... hope he had gloves and did not touch or eat any of them...
oh and what about the rights for snails.... hope they found good homes for them all ....
Why can't you touch snails? People keep different species of snail as pets, I for one used to do it and never got ill. Now I only collect them to feed to my bosc monitor lol, crunch crunch.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 21:57   #15
Resting in Peace

long live the snails.... I am sure they will have more flipping rights than humans some where along the line... lol
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..