Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2008, 23:28   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: A word of warning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just following on from your thread Cashy re. this issue, did E-mail HBC to ask them why they have disposed of the ash trays in the town centre .. so far no reply !! and don't expect to get one now. It's their duty to reply if only out of politeness...
The very height of bad manners, never mind poor business procedure.

Your enquiry would probably still go unanswered if you were a tycoon, ready to move your business empire to the area.

The council is a shambles, whatever it decides to call itself.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2008, 23:28   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just following on from your thread Cashy re. this issue, did E-mail HBC to ask them why they have disposed of the ash trays in the town centre .. so far no reply !! and don't expect to get one now. It's their duty to reply if only out of politeness...
if they ever become polite, even i may.
Old 21-01-2008, 23:35   #33

It's funny how spitting has been mentioned, for when I've watched match of the day in the past, I've seen these professional footballers spitting all over the place, if they where fined I wonder how much they would get fined with their wages, talk about setting a bad example.

Me thinks it's ether another money making racket by the council as their never short of ideas for that and it's not likely they'll install ashtrays of sorts with these steep fines are they.

James1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 23:42   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1234 View Post
It's funny how spitting has been mentioned, for when I've watched match of the day in the past, I've seen these professional footballers spitting all over the place, if they where fined I wonder how much they would get fined with their wages, talk about setting a bad example.
Once had this discussion with my son, who defended this spitting habit by field sport players, as some sort of medical reason when playing sport (sorry forgot precise details for this 'grotching'); never followed up his argument, as he put forward a strong point of view, however, would like to know about it now... ? Anybody ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 08:36   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
dont get me wrong i agree with not throwing them on the floor even though i smoke, but £50 is a bit pathetic aint it
What would you suggest then Shaz, £100, £150 or maybe more?
Old 22-01-2008, 08:45   #36
God Member

Arguably the fine is lesser for dog waste because it disintegrates itself or washes away with the rain, whereas litter stays on the floor and takes longer (if it ever..) disintegrates.

I know people would argue against the logic of this but i am just trying to think of a reason why the fines differ.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 16:12   #37
God Member

If there are no grids on the wall to stub fags out on and there are no bins then what are smokers supposed to do with the fag end?

What will happen to this lad if he doesn't pay at all?
Old 22-01-2008, 17:12   #38
Senior Member+

It goes to court if he doesn't pay up.
The bins on Broadway have a top on them; I don't think it's specifically designed for stubbing fags out on but I've seen it done many times.
Old 22-01-2008, 17:24   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What would you suggest then Shaz, £100, £150 or maybe more?

dont get clever
Old 22-01-2008, 17:26   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
The bins on Broadway have a top on them; I don't think it's specifically designed for stubbing fags out on but I've seen it done many times.
I 'sort' of stubbed and dobbed one in the bin on Broadway, this afternoon.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 19:02   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
If there are no grids on the wall to stub fags out on and there are no bins then what are smokers supposed to do with the fag end?
The same you would with a crisp packet, put it in your pocket and take it home.
Old 22-01-2008, 21:13   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
How do they know who he is so they can send him to court? Did he give them his name and address?
Old 22-01-2008, 21:52   #43
I am Banned

I dont know if anyone going into town this week but it would be interesting to see.....
do the bins in the arndale still have the bits on them where you can stub out cigarettes before putting them in the bin? i know they used to have -
wouldnt it be ironic if they did ? lol!
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 21:57   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
I dont know if anyone going into town this week but it would be interesting to see.....
do the bins in the arndale still have the bits on them where you can stub out cigarettes before putting them in the bin? i know they used to have -
wouldnt it be ironic if they did ? lol!
Damn, I just clicked the link in your sig thinkin it said deviant tart...not deviant art

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 22-01-2008 at 21:57. Reason: spellin was poop
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 17:09   #45
Senior Member+

I wonder where council and goverment agencies allow there employees to smoke. and what happens to the butts.

To name an example: Melborne House on Eastgate, they smoke at the front and guess where all the fag ends end up.

I bet there are many, many more.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..