Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 11:38   #1
God Member

About 5 cars scratched on Sparth Ave

Came out the house this morning to be told by the neighbour that our car was 1 of 5 to be scratched during the night

Although ours aint bad... some are a lot worse

Grrrr!

Luckily the other car on the drive is under a cover!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:10   #2
God Member

Re: About 5 cars scratched on Sparth Ave

This really is getting to be quite a problem. It happens all the time on Manchester Road too. If people are caught they should come down firm on these sorts of 'small' crime.
Old 11-04-2009, 13:11   #3
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear that Accylass . What these kids get out of doing something like that is beyond me .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 13:31   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
This really is getting to be quite a problem. It happens all the time on Manchester Road too. If people are caught they should come down firm on these sorts of 'small' crime.
thats the real problem andrew,there is NO firm! the do-gooders have seen to that.
Old 11-04-2009, 13:32   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
at around £200 upwards a panel to respray i woudlnt call it a small crime or even the increase of insurance if you claim because vandalism is classed as a FAULT OF YOUR OWN so it boosts your premium

the problem is catching these swines and what is actually done if they are caught which is practicaly nothing

apart from putting cctv in every street its very unlikely anything will ever change because even with increased police patrols it only takes seconds to scratch a car and teh chances of getting caught are very slim

its a pitty accylasses fella didnt catch them and take a scredriver to them or whatever they used

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 14:52   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

its a pitty accylasses fella didnt catch them and take a scredriver to them or whatever they used

Thats the thing.... he would of done a lot worse if he'd of caught em

So am glad he didn't, otherwise he'd be in right trouble
Old 11-04-2009, 15:10   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Unfortunately it only needs one person with a grudge against everyone else to cause a great deal of havoc, lot's of people will have passed by without a thought of doing damage to other peoples property and then there's that one.

No-one can define a good reason for this imbecile to do this, but the cost to the victims is always a frustration, to curb this type of behaviour would need a Policeman next to almost every parked car sadly it will be the sort of petty crime that won't and probably can't be pursued by the Police because it takes less than a second to do and other than the scratch what evidence do you get?

Let's just hope he grows up get's a car of his own and suffers the same fate he's inflicted on others!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 15:36   #8

Sorry to hear about scratches on Merc, know how you all feel
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 15:44   #9

Know how you feel........had my car targeted in the past........the sods want their arses slapped at the least
Old 11-04-2009, 15:51   #10
God Member

ya know instead of policing other countries maybe its about time we concentrated on keeping our own streets safe instead of other countries

im sure a few armed soldiers down town on a saturday night woudl make people think twice about causing bother and leave the local police to patrol teh streets

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 20:45   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats the real problem andrew,there is NO firm! the do-gooders have seen to that.
Cough!!!!

And when they are 'firm' you castigate them..........

As I said in t'other thread make your mind up!!!!!!!

You can't have it all ways, either we have a police force that can act ( And occasionally we have someone 'pushed') or we have a nambyt pamby bunch of victim console'rs......

Julie and I have had a car scratch teh full length 2 days before we sold it, cost us 200 quid of the sale...

I've said it once and will say again, time sentences are upped 5x at least, see other thread I'm starting about teh 'soft' jail where they are rioting.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 20:47   #12
God Member

Yep, people need to know they're going to be punished for a crime, as soon as crime=punishment is rammed through the heads of these individuals, they'll soon stop.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:58   #13
God Member

They won't 'stop' till its clear that jail isn't a nice place to be....

all the positioning that happens re 'I've been in in jail, respect me' crap should read,

"chuff me, jails really crap, 8 years of my life for nicking 20 quid off an old lady in a stinking hell hole" may have the right effect much quicker than playstations and in room tea & coffee"

Just re -read my last 3 posts and realised I sound more like 2000AD than I ever thought would happen.... Judge Dredd, he's teh answer( or nearly unless we sort this sooner rather than later!!!!!!! )

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 21:42   #14

Sorry to here about that accylass,i hope they get them and make them pay for the damage.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:22   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
Sorry to here about that accylass,i hope they get them and make them pay for the damage.
The problem is the police don't give a toss with these type of offences, your actually lucky if you get a crime number, let alone catching the scrotes that do it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..