Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2003, 10:39   #1
Senior Member+

Post accident prone

How accident prone are you.  as for myself i snapped the tendon on my third finger left hand and had to wear a splint for 12 weeks all because i was scratching my leg.( mind you it was hell of an itch) now i leave well alone.    
Old 31-08-2003, 11:58   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: accident prone

I'm one of the clumsiest people going  

Always doing myself an injury. At the hospital many times as a kid. At one stage they said they were going to name a ward after me  ;D ;D

Recently fell on the back door step and was on crutches for several days.

But the worst was about 5 years ago when I got hit by a car.

Fractured wrist,  6 staples in my head (still got the dent!) and bruises absolutely everywhere.

Don't think I've ever been right since!  [smiley=lol.gif]

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 14:40   #3
Accy Goddess

I once spilled boiling lard from the chip pan all down my leg. Oh, the pain.
I to was run over by a car Cazzer but it was many years ago. Just before we got married infact. Sill have a bad scar on my foot. My Engagement ring was squished, saved my finger though.My coat was torn off my back and my shoe was ripped off my foot and flung half way up the street. I was lucky to get away with the few injuries I did someone watchin over me.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 14:45   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Had many fractures as a kid, mostly as a result of not looking where I was going and falling off kerbs, walls etc.
Fell off a pair of shoes 3 years ago believe it or not. I was breaking them in for my brother's wedding, ended up with a fractured wrist. Wouldn't mind but I was sober at the time and they weren't even high heeled. :-[

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:35   #5
Senior Member+

Well this is a long one.Coming home from a beer festival at 2.00 am on my puash bike with no lights.Going down an hill, about 700 yrds from home.Coming down the other side of the hill is also a dickhead on a push bike with no lights.At the bottom we meet, front tire on front tire.I fly over the handle bars and land on my head.Result being = fractured skull and  a brain movement of 1 cm.
Drs said if i was lucky i would be blind.If i was unlucky then i would spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair.
But here i am walking and looking about.
Still as daft as before but now i have a reason for it.

HA! HA! HA!    :-/
Old 06-09-2003, 14:43   #6
Resting in Peace

Had the beer festival anything to do with it  ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:20   #7
Senior Member+

Well i did leave home at 9,00 am and was on my way home at about 2.15 am the next day.Draw your own conclusions.The thing being my lights were  off because the dynamo was not working.After the accident my dad had a look and lo and behold i had connected a wire wrong.Needless to say i do little work on stuff like that myself.Everything now goes to an expert in their field

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..