Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 21:13   #1
Senior Member+

Talking Accrington Carnival :D

Hello anyone out there entering the carnival or planning to if so what are your ideas? I was at this community group meeting tonight and they are doing accrington through the ages. Me and my friend callum came up with little kids with flap caps on and red t-shirts and just plain red scarfs as stanley supporters with a bottle of milk hehe. And something about the bricks maybe and maybe the accrington pals. So anyone else out there doing it ? or had success ?

Fc:stanley

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2007, 15:20   #2

Re: Accrington Carnival :D

So the carnival survives another year does it. great. nice day out.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 15:21   #3
Senior Member+

yes is a great nice day owt. I though the people of accyweb did ad liked these occasions , oo well not to worry hehe

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 21:07   #4
God Member

does anyone actually know the date of it?
Old 24-04-2007, 21:10   #5
Resident Waffler

I think the carnival is great and glad to hear that it's going ahead this year. No, Ii do not fancy being in it again though, not after charging up Whalley Rd in sweltering heat after our section got cut off at Eastgate with the traffic lights.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 21:11   #6
I am Banned

Is it ending at Peel Park again??? tho i think admission charges last time were horrendous especially with daylight robbery of the rides & pods [oopppsss still not in stanley thread but a theme there ]

Though the parade is usally good

signed miss meldrew
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 21:12   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
does anyone actually know the date of it?
16th June

http://www.accringtonlions.org.uk/carnival/
Old 24-04-2007, 21:18   #8
God Member

cheers Dave
Old 24-04-2007, 21:21   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Is it ending at Peel Park again??? tho i think admission charges last time were horrendous especially with daylight robbery of the rides & pods [oopppsss still not in stanley thread but a theme there ]

Though the parade is usally good

signed miss meldrew
Says the field events are at Peel Park again. I remember having a 'discussion' with an organiser when it moved there and refusing to pay the admission charge. Needless to say they didn't get my custom
Old 24-04-2007, 21:23   #10
God Member

how much was the admission last year? i remember going to Peel Park when it was first on there and it didnt cost a thing
Old 24-04-2007, 21:24   #11
God Member

Quote:
how much was the admission last year? i remember going to Peel Park when it was first on there and it didnt cost a thing
Well you either sneaked in or they decided to fleece a certain few. Definateley charged which is why I didn't go in.
Old 24-04-2007, 21:25   #12
God Member

i'm talking about 8 years ago Dave
Old 24-04-2007, 21:27   #13
God Member

Quote:
i'm talking about 8 years ago Dave
Yep it was the first time they had it there when they moved from college fields. I remember my daughter was only little so would have been about that time.
Old 24-04-2007, 21:28   #14
God Member

yeah Reece was 2 at the time....so how much was it last year?
Old 24-04-2007, 21:28   #15
I am Banned

Oh yes they definately charged, think it was £2.50 per adult & £1.50 per concession Then u have the extortionate rides/stalls & they had security people guarding the grounds & entrances so u didnt sneak in as well

When in the old days it used to finalise at Sandy lane they never charged then, so cant see why they have to charge now - total rip off really, instead i took the kids to the Park up there & had a better time in my old haunt
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..