Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 19:21   #1
God Member

Addiction or Craving???

Before the the question is asked I aint pregnant!!!! Though the money I could make would be countless.

So at the moment all I want to eat is Sugar Puffs Liquorce Allsorts and Cooked Chicken wether hot or cold. Now that would be understandable in a pregant women but why me?

Is it the sugar content of the Puffs and Allsorts or is it the chemicals in them and the chicken?

Anyone else got a simular problem or am I just going mad and comfort eating?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2006, 19:36   #2

Re: Addiction or Craving???

GOING MAD............hehehehehe.......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 20:36   #3
God Member

Are you sure your not pregnant chick? Maybe you should ask your Doctor for a quick check-over to make sure. I'll be more than happy to acompany you if you did!! ........

Seriously, I'd say it's your body letting you know it's missing something from your diet that it needs, perhaps protein. The only one I get is cravings for chocolate ..... but it's when I'm feeling down, so I think that's more a comfort thing.
Old 08-07-2006, 20:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
The only one I get is cravings for chocolate ..... but it's when I'm feeling down, so I think that's more a comfort thing.
Funny, I have the same problem and it occurs with amazing regularity - once every four weeks. Wonder what I'm missing from my diet? Oh, I know - the head of a man on a plate!!!!! Fortunately, I make do with chocolate.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 21:19   #5
God Member

If I was craving protein then half a cow a week would do the trick, bit expensive. I have another option but the management at work and many others would be against it.

Gayle if it was 1 in 4 I wouldnt mind but this has been for weeks. Maybe Tal is right and I am going mad. Yes Tinks I think a visit to the quack is needed so better get it done before next Saturday in case it serious enough to put me in QPH while chilling out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:17   #6
God Member

Think tinks is right. Have you been feeling run down of late?
Chocolate is craved because of the sugar rush, and the chemicals in the chocolate make you feel good, they contain the same chemicals that are released during sex.
I'm eating loads of choccy lately. choccy is great, it doesn't cost a lot, doesn't nag, doesn't pinch me bedding.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:06   #7

Isn`t it a form of Seratin that Choccy has? Love the bit about choccy doesn`t nag etc... yep a flake chocolate is better than a flaky man anytime!

But back to Sugar Puffs and Chicken. Could it be a form of comfort food as well? where they a favourite of yours as a nipper? and happy days etc.. have you been going through a rough spot?

Or just one of those things that ou haven`t had for ages and you keep wanting now?
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:24   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by those were the days
Isn`t it a form of Seratin that Choccy has? Love the bit about choccy doesn`t nag etc... yep a flake chocolate is better than a flaky man anytime!

But back to Sugar Puffs and Chicken. Could it be a form of comfort food as well? where they a favourite of yours as a nipper? and happy days etc.. have you been going through a rough spot?

Or just one of those things that ou haven`t had for ages and you keep wanting now?
Always had a weakness for Liquorice Allsorts but Sugar Puffs not really. As for chicken that started when Tesco started doing BBQ and Chinese flavoured hot portions at the deli counter.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 09:44   #9
God Member

It's probably the sauce that you're craving, not the actual chicken.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:09   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Is it the sugar content of the Puffs
now its not for me to judge when you declare that you like the taste of puffs but wouldnt that be more of a salty taste than sweet ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:30   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
now its not for me to judge when you declare that you like the taste of puffs but wouldnt that be more of a salty taste than sweet ?
PSML not my forte but if I wanted something salty I could make some porridge
nice thick and warm.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 12:17   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its NOT mine spuggie! honest.
Old 12-07-2006, 16:31   #13
God Member

too much sex substitute makes you fat
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 16:37   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its NOT mine spuggie! honest.
There is a rumour it is Cashy.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 16:38   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
too much sex substitute makes you fat
No problem there I dont look anything like the Michelin Man thanks.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..