Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 23:27   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Am i jealous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Contradicting yourself a little bit there.

Still a terrible problem, I can't imagine why anyone would do something like that, or how a couple can get so close they have children before something like this shows up. Still, I hope I never find out.
You being sixteen and male, you'll soon learn that life isn't only black and white, it's a whole dirty mess of grey too.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2007, 23:31   #17
God Member

Cheers Mel we've had the conversation before, you may not agree with my view point but you know were I'm coming from

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
to the increase of violent girls as awarness of boys not hitting girls is frowned upon more.

Exactly, we bring our lads up telling then "YOU DO NOT HIT GIRLS" so what do we tell them when the girls instigate the violence?
Old 07-03-2007, 23:32   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Contradicting yourself a little bit there.

Still a terrible problem, I can't imagine why anyone would do something like that, or how a couple can get so close they have children before something like this shows up. Still, I hope I never find out.
A little fact for ya ..... instances of violence does not always present itself at 1st hooneymoon period [be as nice as 9pence] but statistically & reality violence does tend to exibit itself after marriage & OR after kids or whilst is pregnant, reason ..marriage - well it becomes an ownership to the controlling person, victim is trapped more aka not as easy to walk out on a marriage with ties than single/couple. Pregnant/kids women in this case victims because at this time the woman is weaker more vunerable to abuse, also threats of SS taking kids away to make them submit/stay, dont want to split the family up, kids without dad etc is making of mental & emotional weakness easier & a weapon All are re-inforced with violence should those not work on its own - thats how it goes round & round.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 23:32   #19
God Member

I know of someone over there who has recently seperated from her partner and this barsteward intimidates her every step of the way.... she used to be a very independantly(sp) minded lass but now cant even so much as think for herself , even though now he has left her for another lass he still seems to hold the reins on her and goes back regular for his cookies just to keep his foot in the door and stop her moving on, so many of us have suspected him inflicting violence on her but to presense nothing can be proven and more to the point she would at the moment still defend him to the hilt....
so all i can say misskitty is although they,re your mates and your close to them until they hit rock bottom they are unlikely to stay in the rut that these guys put them in..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 23:37   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Cheers Mel we've had the conversation before, you may not agree with my view point but you know were I'm coming from

Exactly, we bring our lads up telling then "YOU DO NOT HIT GIRLS" so what do we tell them when the girls instigate the violence?
its a difficult one that tinks, all i can say is when i was young i have been attacked by a woman and also stabbed by another, neither did i hit, though i did tip a pint over the head of the one that attacked me.
Old 07-03-2007, 23:37   #21
I am Banned

Quote:

Hehehehehe yeh i understood & cropped up a few times during our coffee morning debates LOL

I tell mine its not acceptable for both girls & boys, violence breeds violence, there are better ways of handling it - by walking away & reporting it! Blumming hard work being permanent referee as they are 'that' age atm with sibling scrapping, but i do make my feelings very clear - i dont tollerate violence & they shouldnt either

Last edited by accymel; 07-03-2007 at 23:40.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:01   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I don't know your mates or who your refering to kitty, but Jesus half the friggin women up here think their fellas in disguise with their need for a scrap. It's disgusting.
I thought half the women "up there" as you put it, were men

Quote:
The attitude of some women disgust me these days. I've witnessed a women spark a guy out cold on my street, he didn't retaliate but should he have done?
I have no problem with him hitting her back in that situation. If she thinks it's ok to use violence against him then the man has a right to protect himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I tell mine its not acceptable for both girls & boys, violence breeds violence, there are better ways of handling it - by walking away & reporting it!
Not always. If we are talking about school kids that is. Sometimes kids need to stand up to the bullies and often smacking them in the gob shows them you will not be pushed around and often they will leave you alone.

Last edited by Neil; 08-03-2007 at 06:04.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought half the women "up there" as you put it, were men
Shut it or your benna get a slap!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:20   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Shut it or your benna get a slap!

aww come on we know your all woman..

well what there is of you anyway

BY THE WAY if you still feel you need to slap neil would you like to borrow these ?

Last edited by chav1; 08-03-2007 at 08:22.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Men who hit women are one word COWARDS!!

BUT there are women out there too who do the same to men!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:02   #26
I am Banned

what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes ?

nothing you have already told her twice and it obvioulsy hasnt sank in

and just to make it equal

what do you tell a man with 2 black eyes ?

nothing you have already told him twice and it obvioulsy hasnt sank in
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45   #27
white rabbits

i would wait until they were fast asleep ,then lamp them one with a pan.. then denigh all knowlege,,
seriously though ,,i think your friends should give these thugs/cowards a wide birth,,
Old 08-03-2007, 17:38   #28
Beacon of light

I wouldn't hit them when they were asleep Granny....but I might just put a squeeze of Croton in their tea ( Croton is the Joseph's coat of many colour plant.......) it would give them violent diarrhoea and bad tummy ache....and I would deny all knowledge of it.....but would watch 'em suffer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:02   #29
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

There are loads of different reasons why people don't leave violent relationships:- fear of being alone, fear of retribution, financial worries, how it will look to others and many more. The upshot is that all you can do is be supportive until they finally decide to leave. There are lots of agencies for victims of domestic abuse these days......Well, there should be, 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men are abused within the home.

I am one of the lucky people who had a supportive family and friends. It was a darned good job really because the police didn't take domestics seriously back then. Fortunately, they do now, and so do social services if there are children in the household.

Be there for your friends Kitty but don't get involved in arguments with their other halves. Make sure that your friends have the information to help them get out, telephone numbers of Domestic Abuse agencies etc. They may not want to use this information just yet, but eventually, they will..... and they'll thank you for it.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:07   #30
I am Banned

Yeh well said Lettie [from one survivor to another - proves u can survive it] I gave Miss kitty local DV womeans aid services contact details plus put the website on here for the national domestic violence helpline & info, which gives help & advice for those that have friends & family going thro DV.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for one of my best mates whom i regard as family now, she saved our lives, put us up & supported us thro it all the while

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..