Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 16:04   #1
Senior Member+

Am I right to be suspicious?

Ok, I'm going to describe a series of events that I witnessed today and I'd like to hear your interpretation of them.

In an attempt to boost my flagging fitness levels, I started over the last few weeks to take in a daily walk. I've been doing a couple of hours a day since I've been off work and it seems to be paying off, as I am feeling much better overall.

Anyway, today I went on a favourite little walk of mine which begins just off the A666 between Darwen and Bolton. There is a wooded area that borders the main road just south of Darwen and a side road which runs parallel on which there are parking spaces.

I parked up in one of those spaces and set off towards a stile and a path that will take me on to the West Pennine Moors. As I'm approaching the stile there's a young bloke with a shaven head and 'short-legged' trousers coming the other way. I say hello to him and he replies with the same, but in quite an effeminate voice. Ok thinks I, fair enough. I then climb over the stile, only to see another young bloke coming towards me, dressed in a similar way and responding to my 'hello' in a similar way.
I continue on my walk through a short wooded area. Both sides of the path are marked as 'Conservation Areas' and people are told to stay out. However, as I walk along I can see people in the woods, but can't see clearly as it's quite dense.
I then continue on my way and complete my walk. As I'm dropping back down to the A666 again I see another young bloke, 'cropped trousers' and all, climbing over the stile to enter the woods. Thinking about it, I did this walk last Sunday too and saw a few blokes knocking about, although none of them were dressed for a walk on the moors.

What do you reckon I've stumbled across? I must admit I'm a bit naive when it comes to these things, so maybe it's clearly obvious and most people would have known last week. Do you think I should avoid the area in future? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old 05-08-2007, 16:09   #2
God Member

Re: Am I right to be suspicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Ok, I'm going to describe a series of events that I witnessed today and I'd like to hear your interpretation of them.

In an attempt to boost my flagging fitness levels, I started over the last few weeks to take in a daily walk. I've been doing a couple of hours a day since I've been off work and it seems to be paying off, as I am feeling much better overall.

Anyway, today I went on a favourite little walk of mine which begins just off the A666 between Darwen and Bolton. There is a wooded area that borders the main road just south of Darwen and a side road which runs parallel on which there are parking spaces.

I parked up in one of those spaces and set off towards a stile and a path that will take me on to the West Pennine Moors. As I'm approaching the stile there's a young bloke with a shaven head and 'short-legged' trousers coming the other way. I say hello to him and he replies with the same, but in quite an effeminate voice. Ok thinks I, fair enough. I then climb over the stile, only to see another young bloke coming towards me, dressed in a similar way and responding to my 'hello' in a similar way.
I continue on my walk through a short wooded area. Both sides of the path are marked as 'Conservation Areas' and people are told to stay out. However, as I walk along I can see people in the woods, but can't see clearly as it's quite dense.
I then continue on my way and complete my walk. As I'm dropping back down to the A666 again I see another young bloke, 'cropped trousers' and all, climbing over the stile to enter the woods. Thinking about it, I did this walk last Sunday too and saw a few blokes knocking about, although none of them were dressed for a walk on the moors.

What do you reckon I've stumbled across? I must admit I'm a bit naive when it comes to these things, so maybe it's clearly obvious and most people would have known last week. Do you think I should avoid the area in future? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Sounds to me like you have stumbled accross one of those dog walking groups, although I think they call the hobby 'dogging' to be trendy. Apparently they take the dogs for a walk in the woods, but the dogs in question are 'virtual'
Old 05-08-2007, 16:19   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Sounds to me like you have stumbled accross one of those dog walking groups, although I think they call the hobby 'dogging' to be trendy. Apparently they take the dogs for a walk in the woods, but the dogs in question are 'virtual'
Is this anything to do with Crufts?

To be honest, I think I know what was happening, but it's not something I want to see when I'm out in the countryside. I walked for miles afterwards and never saw a soul. People from the parked cars must have been somewhere out there.
Old 05-08-2007, 16:22   #4
God Member

Quote:
Is this anything to do with Crufts?
The pink poodle section
Old 05-08-2007, 16:52   #5
God Member

i know the woods your on about tm, been there a few times with richard they have a great butty van there during the week
Old 05-08-2007, 17:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i know the woods your on about tm, been there a few times with richard they have a great butty van there during the week
Butty van? Is that another phrase for sexual deviance? Like dogging?
Old 05-08-2007, 17:11   #7
Give, give, give member

You were walking in an area that I'm told is called 'gay lane'. The otherside of the road is an infamous dogging area, a place where hetties go for alfresco fun, a bit like caravaning but without the caravans.

Next week you might be safer walking on the white line down the middle of the A666, just watch the traffic.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 17:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Butty van? Is that another phrase for sexual deviance? Like dogging?

hahahahaha, its very peaceful and quite in those woods
Old 05-08-2007, 17:19   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Am I right to be suspicious?
Yes!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 17:19   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

TM as you obviously are not a perv, keep away,Flashy n rindys ok though.
Old 05-08-2007, 17:20   #11
God Member

what you trying to say cashy? *walks away with a tear in her eye*
Old 05-08-2007, 17:22   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=flashytart;456601]what you trying to say cashy? *walks away with a tear in her eye* [/QUOTE nothing flashy,just innocently pointing out that you n rindy are ok people.
Old 05-08-2007, 17:23   #13
God Member

lol i'll let you off then
Old 05-08-2007, 17:31   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol i'll let you off then
thank the lord for that,everyone knows how innocent n naive cashy is, whatever did you think i may have meant?
Old 05-08-2007, 17:44   #15
God Member

Sounds very dodgy to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..