Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2010, 00:13   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: America takes control of UK troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ahh but lets not forget america was going to sit back and let germany beat us until pearl harbour happened.They didnt join the war to save us they joined the war becasuse they wanted revenge for an attack on them infact they seem so unhappy that good old britain held her own so well for so long they re-wrote some of the wars history to show them been resposible for british acheivments in recent hollywood films.

but yeah better the yanks than the germans although the german people do seem ashamed of tehir past where as americans are proud of teh poop storm they have caused by constantly interfereing in other countries matters

oh and america backed the IRA and saw them as freedom fighters and contributed to their cause.

these germans arnt looking to bad an option thinking about it
Where was it you're off on your hols?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2010, 08:28   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
how many lost there lives in the Gulf War through friendly fire,is my problem eric, twas more than saddam managed.
But there would probably be fewer friendly fire casualties with a unified command ... and in WW ll, Eisenhower didn't do that bad of a job as Supreme Allied Commander ... and in the Normandy landings, the US had their beaches, the British theirs, no problem. Even Foche did ok in the first war. I think it's all in the cause of military efficiency ... oops, that's a lot like "military intelligence" ... "America takes controy of UK troops" is not, I don't believe, an accurate reflection of what is contained in the news article. And the British command will probably have lots of input, esp. when British troops are concerned. Like NORAD, for example, the second in command is always a Canadian ... and Canadian fighters operate in Canadian air space.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 08:30   #18
God Member

Ooops ... almost forgot ... Canada had a beach too.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 08:59   #19
Resting in Peace

No doubt its a military decision, made by military people who know whats best
Old 22-05-2010, 09:55   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No doubt its a military decision, made by military people who know whats best
yes the american army made the decision to tell the british army to jump and they asked how high.

america my well have all the best equpitment but they dont have the brains to organise a war just look at vietnam or how long its taken to beat a few goat hearders.If anything it should be americas army been led by our army infact once we have taught them the difference between an alli and an enemy we coudl probably leave them to it and bring our lads home

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..