Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2005, 22:41   #1
Resident Waffler

Another Love Story

Once upon a time there was a coachdriver who lived in a little village in Bedfordshire and every summer he used to take a party of school children to Morecambe. During his free time as he explored the place he gradually fell in love with Morecambe and dreamed of moving to live there one day.

There was also a lady, a widow with two daughters, who spent all of the school summer holidays in a field near Carnforth with her girls and more often than not they would go into Morecambe to the cinema or bowling.

The coach driver chatted to her about Morecambe thinking that she lived somewhere nearby but discovered that Accy wasn't a little village somewhere along the bay! He must have fancied her as much as Morecambe however because he kept in touch by email from the deepest depths of Bedfordshire and she looked forward to the daily epics and was bitterly disappointed if he wasn't able to write every day.

In the middle of the winter he contemplated visiting Morecambe to see if it still appealed to him at that time of year but he was also drawn to the idea of visiting Accrington and one of the inhabitants in particular. She got a phone call asking if she would like to spend some time with him and maybe go out one day. Silly question. She said she would love to and excitedly looked forward to his visit.

He booked a few days in a B&B and spent the time with his lady friend and her children. They even paid a visit to Morecambe and the Lake District - in the snow!

When it came time to return to Bedfordshire he didn't want to go and she didn't want him to go - but he came back the next weekend, and the next weekend, and the next weekend. Getting a little tired of the 400mile+ round trip every Saturday and Sunday he began to look for possible work in the Accy area and contemplated moving here.

He found a job, put his house in Bedfordshire up for sale and looked around for somewhere to live, staying in the same B&B until he found somewhere of his own. Oh what jolly fun it was looking at houses and what dumps some of them were but eventually they found the ideal property for him to rent just round the corner from his sweetheart for by then they had become engaged and were making wedding plans.

Her children thought he was "a bit daft", "a lot of fun", "off his head" and various other unrepeatable things but they all got along very well.

So then he had a house, a job, a fiancee and two more kids (not to mention a cat) and wedding plans were under way. The rest, as they say, is history and you can see our wedding photos in the gallery.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2005, 22:46   #2
God Member

Re: Another Love Story

aawwwww another lovely story Willow

Tinks <<<<<<<< gets the tissues out and already has one ready for Grannyclaret
Old 21-07-2005, 22:52   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I like it but your story has a happy ending, well written.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 23:22   #4
God Member

aaawww bless, after reading all these love stories hopefully one day I'll have a love story of my own to write (violins at the ready)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 00:11   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like happy endings,they seem to be rarer these days.
Old 22-07-2005, 12:04   #6
Give, give, give member

If the dark skies of a wintry Morecambe Bay didn't put him off, nothing would!!!

I was lucky enough to have been at the back of the Church.

Qiuetly snuffling away.

Happy that two great people had such an obvious love for one another, and l was a witness to their union.

Yes, happy endings are good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 13:05   #7
Beacon of light

I like happy endings too......!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 17:35   #8
Senior Member+

I'm just at the start of a happy beginning;will keep you posted!
Old 22-07-2005, 20:18   #9
God Member

Thats a lovely story Willow.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 15:36   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

A lovely story Willow, I am also happy to have been present at your wedding. I enjoyed Bagpuss's story too.

One of these days I may tell mine.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 18:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
bit of good news for a change, best wishes lindsay.
Old 24-07-2005, 19:02   #12

Well done Willow and all the best for the future both of you, and the joint kids too.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 08:24   #13
mez
God Member

i too attended willows & busmans what a lovely day we had, a perfect ending to the romance, which by the way is still there, aaaaaaaahhhhhh.
Old 01-08-2005, 14:58   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
After seeing the pictures from the Accyweb meeting night, and seeing who your happy beginning is with, can I just say (even though it's none of my business but that's never stopped me before), - he's a great bloke, really good mate and I hope you have a happy beginning, a happy middle and a happy ever after with him.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 19:25   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
After seeing the pictures from the Accyweb meeting night, and seeing who your happy beginning is with, can I just say (even though it's none of my business but that's never stopped me before), - he's a great bloke, really good mate and I hope you have a happy beginning, a happy middle and a happy ever after with him.
Do l not get a mention for additional reporting, for information given? Hee hee.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..