Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2005, 22:04   #1
Always EVIL within us

Thumbs down Any bad forums out there?

What is it that makes a good and successful forum?? I often like to check out other forums and have yet to find one as vibrant as the accyweb although it is interesting to see the different formats. (and knick their smileys)

I recently joined www.offtopic.com purely out of interest and the fact that they would not allow viewing without membership. This site is American based and is the biggest load of cr** I have ever come across.........but look at the membership!

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users: 1280 (1199 members and 81 guests)

Most users ever online was 2432, 01-28-2005 at 01:09 AM.

Threads: 1,981,269, Posts: 40,826,592, Members: 126,563
Active Members in the last 30 days: 34,652

Welcome to our newest member, midtown328i

I started a thread asking the question about racism in America as it was prevalent within the site and as usual, changed my fonts to "bold" and "blue" I had a dozen immediate responses calling for me to be banned as I was too loud for them ....and most of the comments were only 1 or 3 words long! I have definately changed my views on our so called friends over the water now thanks to their moronic attitude! (my apologies to our Accyweb friends over there, I don't mean to slight you all personally)

I wouldn't advertise a GOOD site on the accyweb, but can anyone beat this site for its moronic attitude?
Old 22-08-2005, 11:04   #2
white rabbits

Re: Any bad forums out there?

te he ..no comment on that,,,,, but whats your oppinion on burnley web ?
Old 22-08-2005, 11:11   #3

There are plenty of moronic sites in the UK also. Don't judge all American people off a visit to one website.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 16:04   #4
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
There are plenty of moronic sites in the UK also. Don't judge all American people off a visit to one website.
Sorry John, I didn't mean to...and yes I agree, but I was just dumbstruck that such a large forum could attract so many idiotic people
Old 23-08-2005, 14:43   #5
Senior Member+

Nowt wrong with burnleyweb granny.
Old 23-08-2005, 15:02   #6
Give, give, give member

I think it is the people that make a site.

Some sites are faster moving, but the quality of the posts are appalling, and like stated sometimes offensive.

We here are fairly self regulating, anyone who steps out of line gets a communal slap before the mods even have a chance to act.

To attract people who have no ties to this area at all like vorlon24, is a great compiment, as well as our overseas contingent.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 15:27   #7

[QUOTE=Busman747]Sorry John, I didn't mean to...and yes I agree, but I was just dumbstruck that such a large forum could attract so many idiotic people

Birds of a feather Busman, birds of a feather. Once a site starts to collect idiots and they become predominant, the others are inclined to leave and seek out sites like this one.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 13:33   #8
God Member

Omg!!!! I just came across this one and it looked a TINY bit quiet to me............

Wonder what went wrong??

http://accychat.proboards3.com/

Last edited by slinky; 24-08-2005 at 14:14.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 14:03   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hee heee just checked it out slinks,dont normally check out many forums,love this one! i always say if its not broke dont fix it. lol
Old 24-08-2005, 14:11   #10
God Member

OMG you'd never get a word in edge ways on that forum ....... too busy for me I won't be registering .......... or should I?
Old 24-08-2005, 14:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
OMG you'd never get a word in edge ways on that forum ....... too busy for me I won't be registering .......... or should I?
i know what you mean tinks, I was thinking the same.......too busy for me too!!!!! think I will give it a miss.
Old 24-08-2005, 14:26   #12
God Member

I just hope Roys seen this website ...... might be big competion for accyweb
Old 24-08-2005, 14:34   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I just hope Roy's seen this website ...... might be big competition for accyweb
Awwww tinks don't shatter Roy's dreams of being the best forum!!!!

You know that forum can beat this one hands down..........don't be so mean.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..