Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2005, 18:56   #1

Anyone heard from the NHS dentists?

Has anyone who registered earlier this year to go with the new NHS dentists at Accy Vic heard anything? I rang them the other day and was told that all registration forms had been allocated and it was up to the dentists to ring us now. I just wondered if anyone knew anything further as I could do with being seen soon. Thanks!
Old 19-06-2005, 19:17   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Anyone heard from the NHS dentists?

I haven't heard anything......but I am getting decidedly jumpy when the post arrives.....I'm sure it will be soon. (aaaargh!)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 20:26   #3

sent all my forms away along time ago ag down to primary care at clayton.Have not heard anything as yet but will make it one of my jobs this week to ring them so watch this space
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 22:13   #4
God Member

I know my friend had to be referred to accy vic for the dentist for her son as he's not responding to his dentist at all and even though it's classed as pretty urgent the appt came through for october!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 23:07   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its a crap state of affairs this dentist malarkey, i was at the antley till they went private then was sent a form if i wanted to remain with them-charges etc also i would have to visit them every 12 or 15 months cant remember which,so i rang them asking why i needed this visit (i have FALSE TEETH) needless to say i now have no dentist.
Old 19-06-2005, 23:17   #6
I am Banned

please dont tell pixie where she can get a dentist

i dont want to wait until shes 70 until she looses her teeth
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 09:51   #7
BOB

yes just rung myself same story i asked how long before a dentist rings me she i dont know she says up to him not the ideal system
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 13:16   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
please dont tell pixie where she can get a dentist

i dont want to wait until shes 70 until she looses her teeth
Comments like that will certainly ensure that you lose your teeth before the end of the week dear.

Anyway, I got a letter this morning saying that they had passed my details onto the nearest NHS dentist and we should hear something in the next SIX MONTHS (?!). Funnily enough there was a letter for my partner and one for my son and that was it...none for me! I wonder if I am on their lists or not!
Old 20-06-2005, 15:27   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I haven't heard anything yet and could do with an appointment soon. I still have my special toffee left over from Christmas and I daren't eat it in case it rips a filling out.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 16:33   #10

On the subject of NHS Dentistry, I was informed the other day by an Asian work colleague that she pays £600 return Air fare to Pakistan,visits friends for a week or so,pays around £10 to get her teeth fixed up, then pays a further £10 for new specs then flies back here to England.

Apparently we too could avail ourselves of this service .When I think Iv'e spent hundreds on teeth alone, I wonder what the hell is wrong with the NHS.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 17:05   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I wish I'd had a dental appointment in New Zealand, as it is cheaper than here. A colleague of mine always gets her new specs on holiday. She got 2 lovely pairs of glasses at an opticians in Cyprus last year for half the price we pay here. Not only did the optician do a couple of fittings and adjustments to the glasses because he wasn't happy with them, but he personally delivered them to our hotel so that she could have them in time for her relatives wedding. How's that for service....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 17:12   #12
Beacon of light

does that mean I can relax then for another 6 months.......?
Old 20-06-2005, 17:22   #13

Further info here,enter your postcode and it will then give a list of Dentist who are not accepting new patients!
http://www.nhs.uk/England/Dentists/Default.aspx

Last edited by Lampman; 20-06-2005 at 17:23.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 17:30   #14
Beacon of light

I thought that they were bringing in some polish dentists to work at Accy Vic......have I got it wrong?
Old 20-06-2005, 17:32   #15
Beacon of light

I can see me ending up with Nocturnal teeth at this rate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..