Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2009, 23:05   #511
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I really didnt want to identify myself as Andrews mum on here because i guess i knew therewould be some flak but Andrew informed me this was a wrong decision because he stands for honesty hense i did.
This is a public forum, and the rules don't specify you have to divulge your life's story for all and sundry, or supply your date of birth, when it's demanded of you.

There are lots of members of Accy Web who chose to remain anonymous, as is their right.

It doesn't make what they say any less valid, than anyone else's posts.

This is going way off track, which is against forum rules, so can we please keep on thread...as examplified by myself.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2009, 23:11   #512
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

meself i reckon its time fer the starter of the thread to come on n put it to bed,if he aint in Morocco.
Old 17-02-2009, 23:12   #513
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This is a public forum, and the rules don't specify you have to divulge your life's story for all and sundry, or supply your date of birth, when it's demanded of you.

There are lots of members of Accy Web who chose to remain anonymous, as is their right.

It doesn't make what they say any less valid, than anyone else's posts.

This is going way off track, which is against forum rules, so can we please keep on thread...as examplified by myself.

No, but if TurkishDelight were to praise me I would feel very uneasy if she was not upfront about who she was. Politicians don't appear to feel uneasy like I do, they just pat each other on the back, but each to their own.
Old 17-02-2009, 23:19   #514
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
No, but if TurkishDelight were to praise me I would feel very uneasy if she was not upfront about who she was. Politicians don't appear to feel uneasy like I do, they just pat each other on the back, but each to their own.
It was her choice to post that she's your mother.

The fact that she praised you is irrelevant.

I hope it's because she agrees with you, and not just through some sense of blood loyalty.

She could easily have agreed with you anonymously, if she'd wanted to, with dignity intact.

There are lots of members of Accy Web with close family ties. Some we know, some we don't.

What's the big deal?

I'm lucky, I only have my family backing me up if they think I'm right.

By the way, is it okay for a moderator to keep this thread going off track, by adding to it?

Old 17-02-2009, 23:22   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Why do you say that 'Politicians don't appear to feel uneasy like I do, they just pat each other on the back, but each to their own.'

I only pat people on the back who have done something worthy of praise, I certainly would never congratulate anyone (be they a politician or anyone else) if they did something that I disagreed with.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 23:24   #516

Just out of interest Andrew, what research at university prompted you to request the FOI and are you going to publish the information (for all councillors) that you obtained.

Hopefully you will consider this as being back on track
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 23:42   #517
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Just out of interest Andrew, what research at university prompted you to request the FOI and are you going to publish the information (for all councillors) that you obtained.

If not already published on here, I would have expected a hint by now that he'd found something of interest, if there was anything scandalous to uncover.

Old 17-02-2009, 23:44   #518

Quote:
It was her choice to post that she's your mother.

The fact that she praised you is irrelevant.

I hope it's because she agrees with you, and not just through some sense of blood loyalty.

She could easily have agreed with you anonymously, if she'd wanted to, with dignity intact.

There are lots of members of Accy Web with close family ties. Some we know, some we don't.

What's the big deal?

I'm lucky, I only have my family backing me up if they think I'm right.

By the way, is it okay for a moderator to keep this thread going off track, by adding to it?

I totally agree what he stands for and talks alot of sense i would also agree with any other conservative member if he had the equal political opinions and its not through some sense of blood loyalty and i feel my dignity is more than intact unfortunely or not Andrews a good judge of character and is professional in addressing individuals especially members of the public which is indeed a skill in its own right the big deal is hes honest and fully respected for that in all areas in his life i will blow my own trumpet now many have stated he is an absoulute credit to me.Not only is a moderater going off track so are many others what happened to equal rights so is everyone else, hopefully stated without offense just facts as i view it.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 23:52   #519
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

think personally it would be a good thing if he did publish information for "All Councillors" at least then "Honest" comparisons can be made.
Old 17-02-2009, 23:52   #520
Give, give, give member

We'll have to disagree.

I like Andrew very much as a person.

As a would be politican he comes across as obsessive, and blinkered, and I think that's just as much a turn off for people as when the real politican on here do it.

Old 18-02-2009, 00:01   #521
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Nothing on this earth will convince me that AndrewB asked for this against research for an essay .. what a load of bunkum !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 00:01   #522

Quote:
We'll have to disagree.

I like Andrew very much as a person.

As a would be politican he comes across as obsessive, and blinkered, and I think that's just as much a turn off for people as when the real politican on here do it.
I respect totally your opinion no problem with that hes young and probably has a lot to learn yet but many years ahead of him but i dont think hes doing to badly on the whole though, with respect Janet.
Old 18-02-2009, 00:04   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Nothing on this earth will convince me that AndrewB asked for this against research for an essay .. what a load of bunkum !!
Believe me its true he was here when he was doing the research and couldnt believe when i was suggested otherwise.
Old 18-02-2009, 00:04   #524
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I respect totally your opinion no problem with that hes young and probably has a lot to learn yet but many years ahead of him but i dont think hes doing to badly on the whole though, with respect Janet.
Like I say, like him as a person, but not someone who'd ever win my vote.

Old 18-02-2009, 00:08   #525
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Believe me its true he was here when he was doing the research and couldnt believe when i was suggested otherwise.
Sorry, but will not be convinced, and that is my opinion which will not change.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..