Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2005, 16:53   #1
Resident Waffler

Arndale Centre Sell-Off

Now that the Arndale Centre has changed hands - yet again - will the new ownrs be doing anything about renovating the clock? Can we be sure it is still down there somewhere in the cellars/basement?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2005, 17:00   #2
Member.

Re: Arndale Centre Sell-Off

I saw this on the Observer Site this afternoon. I wonder if they would be interested in spending some money on Broadway. It can only serve to raise their community profile? How about writing to them Willow and ask them to place it opposite the Arndale entrance under a band stand type of enclosure that people can sit in and admire the new flower beds….. UBS Wealth Management should be only to pleased to boost their public profile one would think?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 17:03   #3
Resident Waffler

It's worth a try - well writing to ask them if they have it and if they have any plans for it at least.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 17:23   #4
God Member

makes you wonder if it's just another asset buy as all the others over recent years have been! Wait for it to grow in value make hardly any alterations then sell it on again!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 00:31   #5
I am Banned

my bid of £5 was rejected
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 04:50   #6
Resting in Peace

Arrow Re: Arndale Centre Sell-Off

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you have to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not as i wanted them to pay me to take it over LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 23:28   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

love it or hate it the clock was a centrepiece, which to me is much prefrable to sod all.
Old 31-07-2005, 00:02   #8
I am Banned

wasnt the arndale sold for about 72 million pounds

seems a lot of money for a building that dosnt realy have that many shops in it paying rent

i guess what i am asking is that if 72 million pound has been spent the buyer must be intending on making a proffit so where is teh money coming from to make the proffit as i cant see them raising it from rent although i have no idea how much rent is paid by the shops in there

maybe FREE parking in accrington arndale will become a thing of the past ...?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 11:10   #9
God Member

The Idiot-in-Cheif has displayed his self- professed lack of business acumen by declaring the sale a vote of confidence in the town. Does he not know that the aquisition of this asset has nothing to do with the success or otherwise of Accrington Town Centre as a retailing opportunity and everything to do with remote speculation on the rise of UK property prices. UBS will keep hold of the asset for a couple of years and sell it on again, hoping that in the meantime the relentless rise of UK property prices will generate 10-15 million in profit for them while they sit on their pricey fat Swiss arses.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 31-07-2005 at 11:12.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 18:44   #10
God Member

I seem to remember that HBC once had a stake in the Arndale Centre. Now I wonder who it was who decided that it should be sold? And what lasting benefit to the borough were the receipts of the sale squand... errrm sorry...spent on?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..